Login or register with Wargaming Account

Application to join IDEAl

Post your applications to IDEAL in World of Tanks here!
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Commander, Officer

Application to join IDEAl

Postby InfamousPan » 05 Jan 2023 13:06

hELLO DEAR ideal COMMUNITY,
I just realized caps lock was on, what a start.
My name is Pan and I would like to apply for joining your clan.

world of tanks profile: https://worldoftanks.eu/de/community/ac ... wot-portal
tomato.gg: https://www.tomato.gg/stats/EU/infamouspan=514402907

As I have recently returned to the game after an extended 12 months break I mostly enjoyed slower paced tanks like the AE Phase 1 or the E100. As I noticed that I lost my grip on the game somewhat I returned to Youtube and Twitch to get a better understanding of the current Meta. On youtube I came across a video from Iyouxin marking this tier 5 british tank in 26 games, in an effort to beat this record I am currently playing the cavalier. I am no low tier enjoyer, dont worry. In general I am enjoying fast tanks a lot, my favorite tanks over the 9 years are probably the obj 140 and the AMX 50B. As I started out in this game I mainly played triangles for some reason, I can´t tell you why either.

Concerning the gamemmodes I would be happy to participate in any clan related activity, from simple platoons to advances. I never experienced competetive clan activities and it´s definitely on my bucket list as I am a very competetive individual.
As stated I unfortunately have very little competetive experience when it comes to world of tanks, on the other hand I did play other games in fixed teams on a decent competetive level (mainly CSGO) so I do feel like I have a general understanding of team play and strategy.

My most recent clans would include KITTY, S3AL and my current clan HAKOO. KITTY was my first "Top clan" which I had the honour of joining, I played a lot with people from their which definitely helped me to get out of my bot existence (which lasted for around 3-4k battles). There was no particular reason for leaving, the clan got inactive over the years and "my people" there did too. I wanted to discover something new so I went to S3AL next, until I had to go inactive for personal reasons which is why I went back to KITTY so I could inactively idle in what you could call my world of tanks home. Once returning to the game I got hit up by an old companion of mine which introduced me to HAKOO, which is the clan I am currently a member of. Why do I want to leave? I am currently in the second half of medschool and I recently got active at playing world of tanks again. It is likely that the next 3 years will be my last very active years due to time intensive work afterwards. I want to "end" this experience at the fullest by experience the clan life I never truly had, which is why I am writing this post even though I know my odds aren´t that great. But if you never try you´ll never know.

As stated in the previous points every now and then, I want to actively be part of a clan in this game. I want to improve and grow as a team player, participate in team related activities contrary to the 1 vs 29 random games. I also see it as a chance to learn and improve with players much better than myself, as learning and improving are probably my greatest motivations in life.

Well what is there to tell about me now. I am 23 years old and currently go to Medschool. I am from Vienna, Austria which is frequently mixed up with Australia for some reason. I have played video games since I was around 5 years old where I got my first nintendo and I fell in love ever since, world of tanks proved to be one of my most consistent games over the years as I play it since 2013. In psychology this would be described as Stockholm syndrome. I started playing it together with my dad actually. Apart from that I am a very eager learner, I like improving a lot and while I am not doing terrible at the game currently I know I can do much better still. I know my overall stats arent very impressive but I would feel honoured if you would consider giving me a shot.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Pan

InfamousPan

Re: Application to join IDEAl

Postby TheGamingLion » 05 Jan 2023 14:00

Hey, thanks for your nice and well-written app!

InfamousPan wrote:As I started out in this game I mainly played triangles for some reason, I can´t tell you why either.

Same, no idea either.

Spoiler:
BIG NUMBER HEHE

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby Dr_Schnu » 05 Jan 2023 19:12

¿ǝʎɐ ǝᴉqɹɐq ǝɥʇ uo dɯᴉɹɥs ɹǝɥʇouɐ dᴉls ǝɥǝɥ ǝʇɐɯ ʎɐpƃ

-Cobra7

Spoiler:
Dr_Schnu

Officer
Officer

Postby McMokka » 09 Jan 2023 11:47

Hello Australian guy,
Sorry for the long waiting time.
Right now, before the coming campaign, we sadly have to decline your application. Reason being, that you just started playing again and during the preparation we won't be able to do you justice.
BUT
we think that you probably fit in on a personal level and your learning curve is rather steep. So I would make the offer, that we put the application on hold and revisit the topic after the campaign is over. In the meantime you keep playing, getting used to the current meta, and by all means, feel free to join us on TS and Discord :)

This is the link to the discord: https://discord.gg/3nRfCRzq

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby InfamousPan » 09 Jan 2023 15:59

Thank you for the reply :)

I also want to thank you for the consideration and the time you took to evaluate my case. I would like to accept your proposal to revisit my application after the campaign :)

see you on teamspeak :D

InfamousPan

Return to WoT Clan Applications