Login or register with Wargaming Account

Slayer of Artillery Scouting For A New Home

Post your applications to IDEAL in World of Tanks here!
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Slayer of Artillery Scouting For A New Home

Postby ConTroll » 23 Jun 2020 23:16

1. Links to your WoT Profile and WoTLabs / WoT-Life
WoT Profile: https://worldoftanks.eu/en/community/ac ... wot-portal
WoT-Life: https://en.wot-life.com/eu/player/ConTroll/

Not only am I not a great player, I have been killing my wn8 by meme'ing hard. See below:

2. Which tanks have you been enjoying the most lately? Which tank class do you prefer to play?
IS-4 (Both stock and upgraded varients)
ELC EVEN 90
KV-5
Artillery Hunters (wheeled vehicles+)
Obj 705A
Obj 268-4

^ hopefully this speaks about my play style :)

3. What are the gamemodes that you are interested the most in and that you would like to participate in with IDEAL?
Strongholds, platoons, minecraft, chess, watching movies, watching anime, getting drunk, jackbox (I own all packs). Maybe in the future if playing with you guys will get me into shape, I could potentially join for CW and not drag you guys back too much :')

3.1 Do you already have competitive game mode experience (SH/Adv/CW) and if so, how much?
Over 3k battles in skirmishes with tanks of tier 5-10 (chaffee was so good back then).
Just over 200 games on the global map, mainly playing the Defender and 268-4.
Just over 200 games on advances.
I was FC'ing since around 2013/14, I don't remember when exactly. I am disciplined in team games and understand basic concepts, but haven't FC'ed much this year. Mind you, I am not hoping to FC, I was a fine FC for the clans I was in, but I suck compared to you guys. I hope to learn a lot. :)

4. Please list your previous clans and why you left them.
The first clan I joined was The Fallen. I joined in 2013, began my experience as an FC, trained new players, became exec, and clan died. I left because of lack of activity in 2016. It was a good run at least.
I then joined CMERC. The community wasn't what I was looking for, I left a few months later.
Still in 2016, I joined Havoc 3, part of the WoT University Community. I made a lot of friends here who I still play with today. I became a combat officer, helped new guys out with the game. The community went kaput in 2017 when Havoc 5 (previously called Havoc X) were being stupidly rude on the forums. The community was falling apart and our clan decided to pull out of the community. The 40-50 active ones from our clan made a new clan called Red Unicorns. I am currently still in this clan, and after almost 3 years of fun, the activity is dying out again and the clan is shutting down. So here I am, looking for a new home.

5. What is your motivation to join IDEAL? What do you expect from joining us?
I am looking for motivation to play World of Tanks again. It is hard to find an active community nowadays, so I am testing my luck with you guys. I know I don't meet requirements, I am hoping I can bring some flare to your community. I'm hoping to make new friends who I could actively play platoons/skirmishes/advances/other games with.

6. Tell us something about yourself.
Is this the match.com part of the application?! :O
I go by many names, not all of them are nice. Slayer of Artillery, Owner of 7 Improved Toolboxes, Stock Noob, Yolo Noob, etc.
I was born in Lithuania in 1996, I've moved to the UK since I was a lil munchkin.
I've dropped out of University, I suck at Computer Science, it wasn't the subject for me. I wish I took a gap year to decide what subject I want to do but oh well. I am now looking into college courses, choice between Leadership&Management or go specificly into a Human Resources course. Deciding my life is hard :(
I still live with my parents, I waste my life on the pc watching anime and playing video games, I lack in motivation to move forwards, I work full time hours at a small store earning minimum.
I am happy with my life. I have a family that I love and friends who tear my bordom away. I am saving for a mortgage and will have my own little place hopefully next year.

Oh right, speaking about my job, I am mainly working evenings, 2pm-10pm, so my activity during peak times is gonna suck. I'll be around on my free days at least :)

My favourite hobbies outside of gaming are chess, drinking, foozball. I used to do Judo, but with my current work schedule I can't join in anymore. I hope to find a better job once the coronavirus situation allows for it.

I am a very positive character, I don't rage. I do stupid stuff out of the fun of it, but I don't think I'm a bad player :)
My current personal goal in WoT is simply to destroy artillery, a lot of them. I don't hate the players, I play quite often with a friend who mainly plays arty, I just want the class removed from the game, so I'm working on it myself :D

Slayer of Artillery
ConTroll

Re: Slayer of Artillery Scouting For A New Home

Postby Dr_Badthur » 24 Jun 2020 02:31

While your app is very nice, far better than most we see here in regards to effort and quality, your stats just don't cut it. Which sucks, because I think you'd probably be a good addition to the clan personality-wise. :(
And regarding joining for the campaign - recruitment in general is closed right now, we're only taking in a select few ex-members and mercs.

Declined. Best of luck!

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Forum memes
Spoiler:

mr sexiіs I've killed
Spoiler:
Dr_Badthur

Officer
Officer

Postby Bronn1 » 24 Jun 2020 09:24

Indeed, such a good application and you seem like a really nice guy, but your recents are even worse than mine...

Bronn1

Postby McMokka » 24 Jun 2020 10:21

Dr_Badthur wrote:While your app is very nice, far better than most we see here in regards to effort and quality, your stats just don't cut it. Which sucks, because I think you'd probably be a good addition to the clan personality-wise. :(
And regarding joining for the campaign - recruitment in general is closed right now, we're only taking in a select few ex-members and mercs.

Declined. Best of luck!

We gotta paddle back on that.

@ Slayer of Artillery, Owner of 7 Improved Toolboxes, Stock Noob, Yolo Noob, etc., ignore what Dr_Badthur said. At the moment, we are preparing for the campaign and don't find enough time to evaluate applicants properly. Which is why the recruitment is frozen. As others pointed out, your application and dedication show promise and we don't want to jump the gun. So as it is, we will process your application the right way, once the campaign is over. Feel free to join another clan for the campaign, we won't hold it against you and if you are still interested in a month(I.e. When the rewards are all sorted), just let us know.

Until then, you can hang out on our TS if you like, ts.idealclan.eu. You might be able to platoon with guys there. :)

TLDR: NOT DECLINED

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby ConTroll » 24 Jun 2020 11:33

Thank you very much! I'm not in a rush for the campaign due to my current work schedule, so I will sit around in my current clan as it disbands.

I look forwards to meeting you guys on teamspeak!

Slayer of Artillery
ConTroll

Postby TheDrownedApe » 24 Jun 2020 13:29

anyone else think the "good cop, bad cop" would have been the other way around

TheDrownedApe

Postby Dr_SlartStart » 24 Jun 2020 13:39

Don't we have any golden OH-HO codes laying around? Where is our minister of propganda when we need him :angryseal:

"In Ideal we try to hide our autism." -Gödma 2k17
Dr_SlartStart

Postby McMokka » 24 Jun 2020 13:57

TheDrownedApe wrote:anyone else think the "good cop, bad cop" would have been the other way around

What makes me the bad cop in your opinion? :(

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby TheDrownedApe » 24 Jun 2020 15:03

McMokka wrote:
TheDrownedApe wrote:anyone else think the "good cop, bad cop" would have been the other way around

in this instance you were the good one, but i would think, normally, you would be the bad cop. IDK why

TheDrownedApe

Postby Dr_Badthur » 24 Jun 2020 15:12

TheDrownedApe wrote:
McMokka wrote:

in this instance you were the good one, but i would think, normally, you would be the bad cop. IDK why

so I'm the bad one? accurate Kappa

Spoiler:
:krygr:

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Forum memes
Spoiler:

mr sexiіs I've killed
Spoiler:
Dr_Badthur

Officer
Officer

Postby moe77 » 24 Jun 2020 16:01

TheDrownedApe wrote:in this instance you were the good one, but i would think, normally, you would be the bad cop. IDK why

i think all the 'keezoo calling mokka a baddie' has gotten to your head a bit too much :Oo:

moe77

Postby ConTroll » 26 Jun 2020 00:36

Seeing as I have a month until the application evaluation, my plan is to resist the yolo temptations to show where my capabilities are at with recent wn8/win rate. I'm also hoping to get to know you guys before then, so feel free to join me for platoons if you see me on your teamspeak ^_^

Also seems I will no longer be the owner of 7 improved toolboxes, they will instead become "improved configurations" :D

Slayer of Artillery
ConTroll

Postby McMokka » 26 Jun 2020 12:43

I suggest getting a second account to satisfy your hunger for arty-yolos and play the normal games on your real account Kappa

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Thoryk » 26 Jun 2020 13:18

Dr_SlartStart wrote:Don't we have any golden OH-HO codes laying around? Where is our minister of propganda when we need him :angryseal:

I gave all my remaining Golden OH-HO codes to Tejju. If you want some, tell him Thoryk sent you, with passphrase "xen is a mr sexiі". Good luck mate o/

Thoryk
IDEAL Propaganda Minister
Thoryk

Officer
Officer

Postby ConTroll » 26 Jun 2020 13:24

McMokka wrote:I suggest getting a second account to satisfy your hunger for arty-yolos and play the normal games on your real account Kappa

Thats not a bad idea actually.
For me stats is only for applying to serious clans. I personally don't mind what my wn8 is as long as my win rate is positive, but I do need to show where my capabilities are at so I'm hoping to get by with recents when the time comes for evaluation :)

Slayer of Artillery
ConTroll

Postby TheGamingLion » 26 Jun 2020 14:12

ConTroll wrote:
McMokka wrote:I suggest getting a second account to satisfy your hunger for arty-yolos and play the normal games on your real account Kappa

Thats not a bad idea actually.
For me stats is only for applying to serious clans. I personally don't mind what my wn8 is as long as my win rate is positive, but I do need to show where my capabilities are at so I'm hoping to get by with recents when the time comes for evaluation :)

That's great to hear, because we then have to look for fewer excuses to take you in because you simply seem to be great <3

TheGamingLion

Officer
Officer

Return to WoT Clan Applications