Login or register with Wargaming Account

GoT Thread [SPOILERS]

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: GoT Thread [SPOILERS]

Postby TheGamingLion » 05 May 2019 08:27

Littlefinger gets the throne.
You heard it here first

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby McMokka » 05 May 2019 09:54

I gotta say, at some point I thought theon might be getting the throne. Guess that won't happen now :) after all this, I guess the hottest bet is still tyrion. Dany sacrifices herself in some foolish but noble way, only one dragon is left, Jon takes the dragon up north so no one has to live in fear and rebuilds the wall and protects it with the dragon. He starts fucking though, since he needs real targaryens to control the dragon

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Kriegerseele » 05 May 2019 10:03

Jon pregnating Sansa would be neat

With great power comes great responsibility
Kriegerseele

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Bronn1 » 05 May 2019 10:27

From how the show was built, not that that it matters anymore apparently, both the dragons should die. The show started with the awakening of magic all over the world once the white walkers reappeared, but now that they're gone the magic should dissapear and since dragons are magical creatures it makes sense they should die before the end of the series.
Also, very unlikely the wall can be rebuilt or that there is a reason to rebuilt it: it was build with the help of the children of the forrest and it involved magic to make it that big and not collapse, now the children are gone (or at least there was no hint that there were any left after the Hodor episode). The wall was built to protect the realm of men against the white walkers, they are all gone now, there is no need for a wall.
Maybe no one takes the throne, but if someone gets it, by the way the show has been built, it will be a female character!

Bronn1

Postby Gotma » 05 May 2019 11:10

I strongly believe in this whole cycle thing: Winter was coming, now winter is over. But certainly winter will be coming again. Therefore a rebuild of the wall seems mandatory to me.

I doubt that any stark related character (and yes Jon is one of them to me) strives for the throne. Khaleesi is kinda set up to die horribly as it would completely kill the show off now, if she would get the throne, as she seemed like the most obvious choice since season 2 or 3. Varys getting the throne would be nice. Tyrion is out of the equation to me as he is still an all around hated Lannister. Sam becoming the Hand would be awesome as well. Quite a lot of possibilities...

22:14:46 - "Kiwi" stupst Sie an:
GOTMA, I WAS IN GERMANY AND FOUND GOD. I AM A MAN OF CHRIST OUR SAVIOUR NOW o/

Brony wrote: Btw Gotma youre kinda alright eventhough you sound like a horny 40 y/o old lesbian.
Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby McMokka » 05 May 2019 11:51

Bronn1 wrote:From how the show was built, not that that it matters anymore apparently, both the dragons should die. The show started with the awakening of magic all over the world once the white walkers reappeared, but now that they're gone the magic should dissapear and since dragons are magical creatures it makes sense they should die before the end of the series.
Also, very unlikely the wall can be rebuilt or that there is a reason to rebuilt it: it was build with the help of the children of the forrest and it involved magic to make it that big and not collapse, now the children are gone (or at least there was no hint that there were any left after the Hodor episode). The wall was built to protect the realm of men against the white walkers, they are all gone now, there is no need for a wall.
Maybe no one takes the throne, but if someone gets it, by the way the show has been built, it will be a female character!

Fucking feminist Kappa

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby McMokka » 05 May 2019 11:56

We could do a betting pool. Everyone enters with a iron throne pair (be it king/queen, king/hand, queen/hand) and like 10€ and the winner(s) takes it all.

My bet would be a tyrion/sansa combination. In my scenario Jon takes the wall, arya the north together with gendry. Hound kills the mountain while sacrificing himself. One dragon survives. All other main characters die in one way or another

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Dr_Oolen » 05 May 2019 17:01

Considering how the series went full PC and SJW over the last 2-3 seasons i bet on a stronk vagene fymeil getting the throne and some of the castrated men being the hand. Alternatively it will end with them being like "pognog, lets just have democracy and have people vote". In which case it will be Sansa that gets the "throne".

Basically few seasons ago i imagined the one who will outtraitor/outsmart everyone else will get the throne in some neat twist, now it seems like they are just writing the series to please people and what will decide who gets the throne will come down to a decision/discussion that the remaining people will have, or if we are lucky at least most people who wanted the throne will die and only 1 person who wanted the throne will be left alive and thus will take the throne, or have a change of heart and will just let some stronk vagene have it instead.

:XD

edit: ultimate troll plot twist at this point would indeed be baelish paying the faceless men to get killed in his stead (can they even take a face of someone alive?), him still being alive without a face/some random mask/new face trolling everyone and actually being cersei/someone else all along Kappa

Dr_Oolen

Officer
Officer

Postby TheGamingLion » 05 May 2019 17:13

I hope we get something along the lines of (assuming Littlefinger is alive, I'm quite sure he will be a factor again):
- Cersei wrecks the Starks and keeps the throne
- Littlefinger fucks her up and somehow either makes someone worthy receive the seat as a puppet for him, or moves his cheeky booty on it himself, while being on good terms with the show's good guys

I am too much of a fan of his to believe that he won't show up again.
And I hope more important characters get fucked.

Let's hope this was the SJW- and generic crowd-pleasing episode and we get back to GoT now.
To extend on this: Look at how the show was really good at making the viewers start liking characters a lot, and then killed them off as that big shock. Maybe the last episode had that in mind on a different scale.
Maybe we are supposed to think all the dangerous shit is done while it is actually just about to start with the episodes that are left.
And we are left to believe that GoT took the crowdpleaser-turn while changing tones quickly.

There's reasonable hope.
Let's see.

TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby Dr_Oolen » 05 May 2019 17:21

TheGamingLion wrote:I hope we get something along the lines of (assuming Littlefinger is alive, I'm quite sure he will be a factor again):
- Littlefinger fucks her up and somehow either makes someone worthy receive the seat as a puppet for him, or moves his cheeky booty on it himself, while being on good terms with the show's good guys

Let's hope this was the SJW- and generic crowd-pleasing episode and we get back to GoT now.
To extend on this: Look at how the show was really good at making the viewers start liking characters a lot, and then killed them off as that big shock. Maybe the last episode had that in mind on a different scale.
Maybe we are supposed to think all the dangerous shit is done while it is actually just about to start with the episodes that are left.
And we are left to believe that GoT took the crowdpleaser-turn while changing tones quickly.

There's reasonable hope.
Let's see.

I kinda doubt baelish is alive tho. (correct me if im wrong) But the only way he could be alive is if it was indeed a faceless man with his face (it would be super retarded if it was actually him but survived that somehow... they just wouldnt be able to make that twist belieavable and would make arya and everyone else into total retards in the process). And i think if that was the case (faceless man theory, or any other really, where baelish is alive) they would have by now dropped some serious hints that hes still alive (by serious i mean such hints that even the average retard viewer would maybe be like "hmmm, this looks like a hint, but i dont quite know what for".

edit to react to your edit: yes, that kinda crossed my mind too, but to me it seems more like they genuinely went down the sjw/crowd pleasing route. But if they didnt and it will indeed go down like that, then holy fuck, they will have had me fooled and it could elevate the series into godlike status again if done well.

Dr_Oolen

Officer
Officer

Postby TheGamingLion » 05 May 2019 17:26

Dr_Oolen wrote:
TheGamingLion wrote:I hope we get something along the lines of (assuming Littlefinger is alive, I'm quite sure he will be a factor again):

There's reasonable hope.
Let's see.

I kinda doubt baelish is alive tho. (correct me if im wrong) But the only way he could be alive is if it was indeed a faceless man with his face (it would be super retarded if it was actually him but survived that somehow... they just wouldnt be able to make that twist belieavable and would make arya and everyone else into total retards in the process). And i think if that was the case (faceless man theory, or any other really, where baelish is alive) they would have by now dropped some serious hints that hes still alive (by serious i mean such hints that even the average retard viewer would maybe be like "hmmm, this looks like a hint, but i dont quite know what for".

edit to react to your edit: yes, that kinda crossed my mind too, but to me it seems more like they genuinely went down the sjw/crowd pleasing route. But if they didnt and it will indeed go down like that, then holy fuck, they will have had me fooled and it could elevate the series into godlike status again if done well.

Posting this so I don't have to explain it myself :^)

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a261 ... f-thrones/
TL;DR: He gave a coin to someone, and he was ridiculously whingy when being in this situation of dying compared to others. Although he may have calculated the others contrary to this last one.

For the character he is he had too little screentime imo, there's so much potential to him. And GoT is a series that I would class at being good at surprising people.

Edit to react to your edit reacting to my edit: Aw yez indeed, although unlikely

TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby Aubury » 05 May 2019 18:10

Well, even is littlefinger is still alive, it's probably not something we will see in the show. This is something for the books if GRRM ever gets around to writing them. Right now it's just about fighting Cersei in the most efficient way possible.

I don't stat pad in tier 9 tanks. I just happen to play an equal amount of tier 8 and 10 tanks!
Spoiler:
Aubury

Postby Kriegerseele » 05 May 2019 20:17

Once again we, some hyperintelligent people, build theorys which are absolutely great.
But i again believe, since getting so disappointed with the nightkings death, that we are fooling ourselves and in the end the writing will just be as shit as it been recently.
No Littlefinger, no white walkers, no twists.
I dont have much hopes in the show anymore so i wont get disappointed.
Thats how i care myself.
Sry for the bad english

Kriegerseele

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby TheGamingLion » 05 May 2019 20:23

Kriegerseele wrote:[...]
Sry for the bad english

Np

Sorry for mine

TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby Kriegerseele » 05 May 2019 20:27

TheGamingLion wrote:
Kriegerseele wrote:[...]
Sry for the bad english

Np

Sorry for mine

Youre a good man.
Thank you.

Kriegerseele

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby TheGamingLion » 05 May 2019 20:31

LoinAdore <3

TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby Gotma » 06 May 2019 14:30

Best episode this season by far: Tyrion and Varys going at it is prime GoT nostalgia Kreygasm

22:14:46 - "Kiwi" stupst Sie an:
GOTMA, I WAS IN GERMANY AND FOUND GOD. I AM A MAN OF CHRIST OUR SAVIOUR NOW o/

Brony wrote: Btw Gotma youre kinda alright eventhough you sound like a horny 40 y/o old lesbian.
Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby Aubury » 06 May 2019 15:08

Gotma wrote:Best episode this season by far: Tyrion and Varys going at it is prime GoT nostalgia Kreygasm

I have to agree, these two only really trust eachother and noone else and it's brilliant. Considering the subject of their discussion that I don't think they'd discuss with anyone else.

On the other side I'm getting tired of Sansa constantly undermining Dany. Yeah it sets up a nice dialogue between Tyrion and Varys but unless it has any serious consequences (e.g. Dany suicides herself onto Euron's ships because she knows she won't be queen after all) this just sets up Sansa to be more like Littlefinger and less like Cersei.

I don't stat pad in tier 9 tanks. I just happen to play an equal amount of tier 8 and 10 tanks!
Spoiler:
Aubury

Postby Dr_Oolen » 06 May 2019 15:18

Gotma wrote:Best episode this season by far: Tyrion and Varys going at it is prime GoT nostalgia Kreygasm

Yeah, agreed, but its still overall fairly weak episode compared to said earlier seasons. But here there are at least only really few facepalm moments compared to previous episodes. Mostly (for me) how from above from a dragon dany doesnt spot a fleet of huge ships (even if they were behind a few rocks...), 1st dragon gets instarekt, after which the ballistas suddenly get nerfed accuracy and massive dispersions. Meanwhile they could have (euron) taken the castle aswell and set up an ambush there too. Then tyrion once again being stupid and bothering to even talk to cersei. And then cersei not just killing everyone on the spot after no deal was made... literally had no reason not to kill them there and then and it would even fit her character more.

But yeah, i liked varys+tyrion doing the oldschool GoT scheming and shit, which gave me some hope we arent headed towards some obvious resolution to who gets the throne. But then i also didnt like how arya was set up to again come out of nowhere in the next episode and off cersei.

Dr_Oolen

Officer
Officer

Postby Bronn1 » 06 May 2019 16:11

I had the same issues as drolen and also:
- how come the master of spies doesn't get any info about the incoming euron ambush, actually he didn't get any info since he's been nerfed down, for some reasons, a few seasons ago, just like Tyrion who didn't make a good call since he left kingslanding;
- such a "cool" way to get rid of Ghost, they might as well killed him offscreen;
- how in the world did Euron capture Missandei, just how?
- so according to varys and tyrion, danaerys should just take hit after hit from cersei and do nothing, because this strategy would bring her the throne, right? And if she does otherwise then she would become a tyrant or be just as bad as cersei, or her father the madking. These are the smartest dudes in westeros (now that littlefinger is dead) and this is the best they could come up with? Fuck'em, burn all of their asses, kingslanding population too, because that's what happens at wars.

Indeed this episode was a big improvment over the last one, but the quality of the show has dropped so much that we are happy when there's only just an illogical thing happening every ten minutes and not every minute.
Oh and all this ranting comes from a person that was eager to overlook all of the season 7 teleportation and minor idiotic decisions.
I don't think i have ever been so mad at a movie, i usually just don't care and move on to the next one, oh well, valar morghulis!

Bronn1

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section