Login or register with Wargaming Account

Football autism

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: Football autism

Postby Marliini » 02 May 2019 07:33

taken from the chat
Bronn1 wrote:I Don t think I have ever seen Barcelona so dominated in the past 15 years

I watch a lot of La Liga and I feel Barca has struggled much more against some much more inferior teams than pool. For example there was the loss the Real Betis and the 4-4 against Villareal after being 2-0 up. Like probably many pundits said before the game Barca has had problems against teams that take the space away from them to build the attack even when deep in their own side of the field.

You might have also noticed the couple of mistakes by Busquets giving away possession. I like the guy and he has played very well for many years, stopping attacks before they even start properly. But I feel like these sort of mistakes, that previously happened once in a blue moon, seem to happen every single game nowadays. I wouldn't be surprised if de Jong is in the starting lineup next season.

'Flanking with the JP E-100 is easier and faster' Lion, beach of Overlord, 27/06/2021
Marliini

Postby Bronn1 » 02 May 2019 08:15

I agree with the fact that Barca has problems against teams that take the space away, but against Villareal they could pass the ball around and they conceded the goals from swift counter attacks.
Against Liverpool, on the other hand, they couldn't pass the ball, Barca style for maybe 60-65% of the game time. They were dominated physically to the point Messi was suffocated by the 40th minute of the game. If you remember at around that minute Messi recovered a ball( at around 40 m from goal) from Van Dyke and he didn't went towards Pool's goalkeeper, he just waited, because he didn't had air. And this happened to many of Barca's players.
I agree on Busquets and i would add Coutinho is not the man for that left flank, just compare how Mane played on a similar position with what Coutinho did. Also, even though i like Lenglet against really fast players he struggles a lot and Sergi Roberto has the same problems as a left back (which is not his natural position).
In the middle they would need another, more powerful and faster player, neither Arthuro Vidal or Arthur are the ones to fill that roll, in my opinion.

Anyway, Barcelona are not qualified, yet, because if there's a team that can overturn that result that's Liverpool (or AS Roma last year :P).

Bronn1

Postby Marliini » 02 May 2019 09:15

Bronn1 wrote:I agree on Busquets and i would add Coutinho is not the man for that left flank, just compare how Mane played on a similar position with what Coutinho did. Also, even though i like Lenglet against really fast players he struggles a lot and Sergi Roberto has the same problems as a left back (which is not his natural position).
In the middle they would need another, more powerful and faster player, neither Arthuro Vidal or Arthur are the ones to fill that roll, in my opinion.

Aye, Coutinho has been a flop in Barca. I don't know why Malcom is in the doghouse. The little I have seen him play he has been really energetic. Arturo Vidal is ...energetic in another way when he comes of the bench. In the way where he gets booked. Bit of an odd piece for Barca

'Flanking with the JP E-100 is easier and faster' Lion, beach of Overlord, 27/06/2021
Marliini

Postby Gotma » 02 May 2019 10:28

Vidal was your saving grace yesterday, dunno which game you saw :waxx25:

Messi, Ter Stegen and Vidal played exceptional, without one of them, I feel the outcome would've been way different.

22:14:46 - "Kiwi" stupst Sie an:
GOTMA, I WAS IN GERMANY AND FOUND GOD. I AM A MAN OF CHRIST OUR SAVIOUR NOW o/

Brony wrote: Btw Gotma youre kinda alright eventhough you sound like a horny 40 y/o old lesbian.
Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby Marliini » 02 May 2019 11:19

Oh Vidal was great yesterday. Like that one tackle on Mane(?) in the box. I was just talking generally. He seems to have way too much energy when he gets in from the bench. Going into every tackle with too much energy and pace.
But I like him. Bit gritty and you need a guy who will run in every direction, also to defend since Messi will walk back. Maybe he just needs to start and not get in from the bench. Worked out yesterday. And maybe that 'bit gritty' is why might seem bit odd. If Barca's philosophy is (too) pretty football

Marliini

Postby Bronn1 » 02 May 2019 11:55

I didn't say he played bad yesterday, yes he was one of the best players from Barca, but i think Barcelona needs a younger and faster player in his position! I mean he is 32 years old already.

Bronn1

Postby McMokka » 02 May 2019 11:58

I would have loved to have him as an option in Bayern for another year. as DM together with Thiago. Martinez is doing a good job, but when shit hits the fan you would want Vidal. No idea why they let him go so easily.

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby McMokka » 03 May 2019 06:37

well, Frankfurt pulling off a 1:1 vs Chelsea without Rebic and Haller is deeply impressive. Rebic will be back for the second round and maybe even Haller. Frankfurt reaching the final seems rather possible at this point :)

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Gotma » 03 May 2019 08:01

They had mad luck, that Chelsea was playing rather bad tbh. No real drive towards the goal etc. The first 30min were impressive, like their whole run this year.

Brony wrote: Btw Gotma youre kinda alright eventhough you sound like a horny 40 y/o old lesbian.
Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby McMokka » 03 May 2019 09:07

Gotma wrote:They had mad luck, that Chelsea was playing rather bad tbh. No real drive towards the goal etc. The first 30min were impressive, like their whole run this year.

There was a bit of luck, like always in football i guess. I wouldnt say that Chelsea was bad, from minute 30-70 they were the much better team. In the end the 1:1 was fair.

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Gotma » 03 May 2019 09:33

If Chelsea played close to their potential it should not have been 1:1 and still, the pressure was there. I just meant that there wasn't that much drive towards the goal from Chelsea's side. Trapp wasn't permanently forced to save Frankfurt.

Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby McMokka » 03 May 2019 09:37

Gotma wrote:If Chelsea played close to their potential it should not have been 1:1 and still, the pressure was there. I just meant that there wasn't that much drive towards the goal from Chelsea's side. Trapp wasn't permanently forced to save Frankfurt.

Well, they left Hazard out for a reason, I guess. Qualifying for the CL is way more important to them. So they focus on staying on Rank 4 in the PL.

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Gotma » 03 May 2019 09:52

I know, still them underestimating Frankfurt big time in the beginning + the laissez faire attitude overall played a far more important role than which overpriced pleb played from the getgo. It's 2 games to play in the PL, get your priorities straight. You are playing a European cup semi final. Cunts.

+ Isn't the EL winner guaranteed a CL spot next season as well?

Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby McMokka » 03 May 2019 10:07

Yeah, the winner. They are facing Arsenal afterwards as well. Guess with the remaining matches in the PL they are thinking that it is easier to maintain their chances there

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Marliini » 15 May 2019 07:04

Marliini wrote:Griezmann turned down Barca last summer but could change his mind.

Bronn1 wrote:I don't think Barcelona will be after Griezmann anymore, not after he turned down the offer from last summer, not after he's been booed this last game by barcelona fans, and not after Dembele and Malcom seem too slowly adapt to the clubs unique style. Although one could argue that Dembele is injured a lot and Malcom still needs to progress more, but both are really young and could reach Griezmann's level.

Dr_Mokka wrote:Griezmann wont leave now. No club willing to pay him what he gets in Madrid still wants him. For Barca it makes no sense to replace Suarez with a player who is just a little younger and pay a 9 figure price for him. Rumor has it that they want Jovic, which is understandable, that guy is a beast. I would love if Bayern would go for him instead of Werner, but we will see.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48275997

Marliini

Postby Bronn1 » 15 May 2019 07:26

Yeah, i saw the news earlier, too. So i guess i stand corrected.
I hope he will do better than coutinho!

Bronn1

Postby McMokka » 15 May 2019 07:47

My bet would be on PSG. If they sell Neymar to Real they avoid FFP and have the money for him. Paying that much for Griezmann in his current form and him being almost 29 would fit their ridiculous "strategy".
Plus I guess Griezmann would enjoy playing in his homecountry and in a league which allows him to shoot a lot of goals. Same goes for PSG attacking football

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Paris_Hilton » 01 Jun 2019 19:56

DAWAAAAAAI POOOOOL

Paris_Hilton

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Professor_Cunningham » 03 Jun 2019 10:11

Professor_Cunningham

Postby Marliini » 16 Jun 2019 11:36

I was watching some high class football yesterday https://youtu.be/mlI2XEyYRxk?t=52

Marliini

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section