Login or register with Wargaming Account

GoT Thread [SPOILERS]

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: GoT Thread [SPOILERS]

Postby Professor_Cunningham » 29 Apr 2019 21:36

The episode was dark and full of terrors.
Some you could barely see.

Spoiler:
I agree with most things already mentioned.

I kinda liked this episode, but you can see that they are rushing things a bit and there is a bit to much plot armor around.

Only 2 things really annoyed me:

The battlefield formation, cav - siege weapons - inf ¿ ?¿ Also only Archers on the wall and why you dont put at least some trebuchet inside the Castle ffs.
Well at least the close air support was decent most of the time.

The second thing is Lyanna Mormont, couldn't they kill someone else. She was the only tough guy in the show ;(

Professor_Cunningham

Postby Bronn1 » 30 Apr 2019 00:23

A good and fair review of the episode: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... f8dfdead51

Bronn1

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 30 Apr 2019 01:11

BeneficialCucumber wrote:The Long Night. So. Where do I begin. The setting, effects and fight scenes were great. But writing. Like wtf.

Spoiler:
Pros
- Melisandre arrives and does badass shit
- Dothraki going in like ye we got this, lights go out in like 30sec
- Theon defending Bran like a pro
- Rhaegal vs Undead Viserion
- Night King surviving dragonfire
- Arya shreking wights
- Beric and Hound saving Arya

Wtfs
- Melisandre, Beric, Theon, Jorah and Lyanna Mormont died, but why no major character like Dany, Jon, Tyrion or Sansa/Arya?
- Greyworm survived. wtf.
- Bran randomly warging for half the episode without doing shit? Why is he so useless?
- 7 seasons to build this winter is coming shit and the super villain up and the Night King is getting stabbed and dies instantly in one episode?
- who is the night king? what does he want? why does he want to kill Bran so bad?
- how is Ghost still alive (seen in ep 4 preview)?

Tbh everything except it being Arya to kill the Night King was kinda foreseeable.
The plot armor, jesus christ.
Where are the random twists like Ned Starks death or the Red Wedding?
Also I can't really believe the Night King is dead. It just can't be that easy.

^
Spoiler:
- who is the night king? what does he want? why does he want to kill Bran so bad?

the prequel series will be set 8000 years ago, so around the time the wall was built and white walkers were created. hopefully it will give some answers...
I totally agree. I was waiting for the night king to say something... nothing... nothing? seriously? okay thx

also we saw fuckloads of giants in the undead army in s7e7 (was it?)... and we only saw 1 here?... budget cost, I hope.
it almost spoiled the episode to NOT see an actual main character die.
I mean technically there is still time for that left... the mountain rektangling some main character hopefully.
also C L E G A N E B O W L H Y P E

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

"Bois, you know the feel when a peanut drops from your clothes on the floor and you have another peanut to eat?" -Fart, 2k20

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Dr_Oolen » 30 Apr 2019 06:54

Dr_Badthur wrote:
Spoiler:
also we saw fuckloads of giants in the undead army in s7e7 (was it?)... and we only saw 1 here?... budget cost, I hope.

Spoiler:
im pretty sure one giant got roasted in one of the dragon attacks :XD So that would be 2 giants we saw in the episode? Also no mammoths/bears and shit tho...

Dr_Oolen

Officer
Officer

Postby McMokka » 30 Apr 2019 08:30

Spoiler:
Well, we didn't see the whole undead army. If arya wouldn't have stepped up it would have been enough. Maybe the night king did send the rest if his army further south already

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Dr_Oolen » 30 Apr 2019 11:47

Dr_Mokka wrote:
Spoiler:
Well, we didn't see the whole undead army. If arya wouldn't have stepped up it would have been enough. Maybe the night king did send the rest if his army further south already

Spoiler:
would be kinda neat if on their way to kings landing they ran into a field full of skeletons/decayed bodies that ripd as they were marching south :D

Dr_Oolen

Officer
Officer

Postby Aubury » 30 Apr 2019 19:40

Spoiler:
It's okay arthur!

In the next episode Jaime, Brienne, Arya, Grey Worm, and Sandor will all die to infections due to the lack of clean water (unpolluted by corps-poop, corps-maggots and corps-diseases)

I don't stat pad in tier 9 tanks. I just happen to play an equal amount of tier 8 and 10 tanks!
Spoiler:
Aubury

Postby BeneficialCucumber » 30 Apr 2019 21:14

Spoiler:
why are we putting posts in spoilers yet the thread title already says SPOILERS :thinking:

“But the lord spoke to Mozeps: Tell the children of Israel, they shall push. You, lift the barbell over the pudding-ocean of the weak and separate them, so my people can pass through to the holy gym.” - Exodus 14
BeneficialCucumber

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 30 Apr 2019 21:19

Spoiler:
Cuz it's annoying to have unread threads so you wanna click on it to mark it as read and then you don't see all the spoilers cuz they are in spoilers

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/h9nN9zdizaYPKX6h7
Dr_Slartibartfart

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 30 Apr 2019 21:34

Dr_Starfart wrote:
Spoiler:
Cuz it's annoying to have unread threads so you wanna click on it to mark it as read and then you don't see all the spoilers cuz they are in spoilers

Spoiler:
300IQ

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

"Bois, you know the feel when a peanut drops from your clothes on the floor and you have another peanut to eat?" -Fart, 2k20

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby TheGamingLion » 01 May 2019 13:54

https://www.thewrap.com/game-of-thrones ... ight-king/

:thinking:

One of the comments:

"Gimli: That still only counts as one!"

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 01 May 2019 16:58

phpBB [video]

megafep

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Kriegerseele » 01 May 2019 17:22

Dr_Starfart wrote:
Spoiler:

on the front page there is a button "mark forums read" above minichat.
Spoiler:
I had goosebumpos throughout the episode cause it was a cinematic masterpiece. thats not what i signed for tho.
as longer as i think about it i hate D&D more.
their narrowminded writing pisses me off. probably thinking we cant kill sam cause that would be fatshaming.
imo they totally ruined so many plots which were built through 7 seasons. there were so good theories which made sense and were deeply thought through, but the writers right now cant handle the complexicity and decide to let people die cause they redeemed themself and let people kill people cause they deserved an honorful death (lyanna) and decide to let people survive for whatever reason they have. also it pisses me off that they wouldnt just do this: "Bran could of just had valyrian steel/dragon glass weapons attached to a bunch of crows and then make them kamikaze into the night king from all directions." if its that easy to kill this nk boi anyways.
cause of this mainstreamshitwriting to satisfy the 50 iq people who watch this show for the cinematics and say to me they loved the episode and the early seasons were just boring and too long i will start reading the books, cause in my world game of thrones deserves a way better ending than this. i hope grrm doesnt die before he finishes otherwise ill have to think about a worthy ending myself.
sry for the rant and my bad english but i am pissed right now

With great power comes great responsibility
Kriegerseele

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 01 May 2019 18:36

Kriegerseele wrote:
Dr_Starfart wrote:
Spoiler:

on the front page there is a button "mark forums read" above minichat.
Spoiler:
I had goosebumpos throughout the episode cause it was a cinematic masterpiece. thats not what i signed for tho.
as longer as i think about it i hate D&D more.
their narrowminded writing pisses me off. probably thinking we cant kill sam cause that would be fatshaming.
imo they totally ruined so many plots which were built through 7 seasons. there were so good theories which made sense and were deeply thought through, but the writers right now cant handle the complexicity and decide to let people die cause they redeemed themself and let people kill people cause they deserved an honorful death (lyanna) and decide to let people survive for whatever reason they have. also it pisses me off that they wouldnt just do this: "Bran could of just had valyrian steel/dragon glass weapons attached to a bunch of crows and then make them kamikaze into the night king from all directions." if its that easy to kill this nk boi anyways.
cause of this mainstreamshitwriting to satisfy the 50 iq people who watch this show for the cinematics and say to me they loved the episode and the early seasons were just boring and too long i will start reading the books, cause in my world game of thrones deserves a way better ending than this. i hope grrm doesnt die before he finishes otherwise ill have to think about a worthy ending myself.
sry for the rant and my bad english but i am pissed right now

That's too small

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/h9nN9zdizaYPKX6h7
Dr_Slartibartfart

Postby Orrie » 01 May 2019 22:47

Lmao, last episode was fucking trashed.
Watched it with a mate, and 10-15mins in, we both agreed we just had to turn our brains off, because the whole battle was so fucking retarded. LUL

Suicide cavalry charge, amateurish phalanx, slowpoke repositioning of archers and reaction to the white walkers breaking the barricades.
Don't even know if the Unsullied had dragonglass on their spears, but if they did a proper phalanx, the white walkers would've been raped.
Also the plot armor...
And that the Night King is killed by Arya LUL LUL LUL LUL LUL LUL LUL LUL LUL LUL LUL LUL LUL LUL LUL LUL LUL LUL LUL LUL LUL LUL LUL LUL LUL

This series is completely fucking trash now.
No redeeming plotlines. It's amazing they've managed to fuck up the show so much with the nice cast.

Utter trash.

Orrie

Commander
Commander

Postby Gotma » 01 May 2019 23:04

Unsullied phalanx against a million undead fucks, ez game LUL

22:14:46 - "Kiwi" stupst Sie an:
GOTMA, I WAS IN GERMANY AND FOUND GOD. I AM A MAN OF CHRIST OUR SAVIOUR NOW o/

Brony wrote: Btw Gotma youre kinda alright eventhough you sound like a horny 40 y/o old lesbian.
Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby Dr_Oolen » 02 May 2019 08:46

Well, the thing is even with "proper tiktoks" they would have got rekt by so many zombies, but there isnt really an excuse to have such PogNog tiktoks in the first place.

Brb cavalery being charged alone into "unknown" enemy forces, instead of doing some hit and run tiktoks with bows, or just waiting for flanking (but then again, as i said, you cant exactly flank 100k+ zombies with like 1k cavalery, can you). Catapults on the frontline, "phalanx" with dudes in 4 m intervals, 1 row of a trench. Jon being useless with his dragon for half the fight, could literally just have the dragon sit on top of a wall and continue roasting everything that tries to climb up... could have killed thousands of zombies while they were waiting in front of the trench...

They would have lost anyway, but at least it would be belieavable and then they probably wouldnt even have to give people so much plot armor that they survive being surrounded by hundreds of zombies, as instead of falling back once or twice and using the "dogpile" schtick to make it look like they are in danger and being overrun, they could have used the fact that even with perfect tiktoks and being able to fall back like 4 times behind different lines of defences, it still wouldnt be enough to defeat dem zombies.

Dr_Oolen

Officer
Officer

Postby McMokka » 02 May 2019 09:25

Well, tbh they already killed nearly all zombies which were in the battle. The peril started when the night king raised the fallen dudes. So with better tictocs they would have won the battle probably (if the directors would have used the same amount of zomblers)

What I didnt understand: Why not light shittons of fires on the whole battlefield? Why let the riders go into the complete darkness? Would have made so much sense (light for the archers, light for the catapults, better for the morale) AND would have been good from a cinematic point of view so people at home can actually see shit.

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Aubury » 02 May 2019 10:04

From a strategic POV nothing in this battle makes sense. I'm 100% sure now that most of the strategic blunders were made by the directors and not by Jon or Tyrion.

The directors kinda confirmed this in the 'Behind the episodes' video. They are trying to bring the best cinematic experience, not a strategic masterpiece. They would rather toy with our emotions than to have us watch 60 minute episode of unsullied and dothraki camping in Winterfell while Dany & Jon have a turkish 1v1 with the NK.

Also, if we are to believe GRRM is still somewhat involved in the writing of the show, this would mean one of the outlines he gave the directors is that the Dothraki aren't involved in the fight against Cersei.
This would explain the first strategic blunder; the Dothraki were killed off because they are no longer involved in GRRM's version of the story so the directors used them to show us how 'scary' the zombie armie really is.

Arya Ex Machina LUL

I don't stat pad in tier 9 tanks. I just happen to play an equal amount of tier 8 and 10 tanks!
Spoiler:
Aubury

Postby Gotma » 02 May 2019 10:22

Dr_Mokka wrote:Well, tbh they already killed nearly all zombies which were in the battle.

Wat? LUL

From what I remember there were still thousands outside of winterfell just splattering when the night King deaded. There was an endless stream of them coming and coming and coming.
Tektiks were bad, but a loss was the only outcome possible from the getgo, without killing the night king obv.

22:14:46 - "Kiwi" stupst Sie an:
GOTMA, I WAS IN GERMANY AND FOUND GOD. I AM A MAN OF CHRIST OUR SAVIOUR NOW o/

Brony wrote: Btw Gotma youre kinda alright eventhough you sound like a horny 40 y/o old lesbian.
Gotma

Commander
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section