Login or register with Wargaming Account

Football autism

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: Football autism

Postby TheGamingBull » 03 Mar 2019 21:49

Alisson
Kimmich-Van Dijk-Varane- Alex Sandro/Mendy
Pogba - Kanté - Modric
Mbappe - Hazard - Messi

I fucking hate being norwegian! We always have to help everybody else out -Orrie 2k17
Never high five a Rabbi
TheGamingBull

Postby Marliini » 04 Mar 2019 18:36

I'm hoping that Ajax would pull of a small miracle tomorrow. It would complete what I would imagine is a perfect week of football results. Real lost 0-3 to Barca in Copa del Rey semis on Wednesday, lost the El Clásico 0-1 on Saturday. Dropping now in the Champions league would be Kreygasm

If I had money I would bet on Real win to make them lose for sure, but that would be bad sportsmanship

'Flanking with the JP E-100 is easier and faster' Lion, beach of Overlord, 27/06/2021
Marliini

Postby Gotma » 05 Mar 2019 23:18

We had a short conversation about this in the FL whatsapp group, but this is the real ( LUL ) place to discuss this: Being in charge of REAL (like presidente or shit) what would you do in the upcoming weeks?

Me:
- let the stupid fuck on the sideline finish the season
- talk to available or even employed coaches in the upcoming months to develop a vision regarding squad, future playstyle etc
- cry in a corner that I was stupid enough to rely solely on CR7 to carry me through all adversity for a decade and then being even more stupid not recognizing this and acting accordingly during the last summer

22:14:46 - "Kiwi" stupst Sie an:
GOTMA, I WAS IN GERMANY AND FOUND GOD. I AM A MAN OF CHRIST OUR SAVIOUR NOW o/

Brony wrote: Btw Gotma youre kinda alright eventhough you sound like a horny 40 y/o old lesbian.
Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby Dr_Existence420 » 06 Mar 2019 00:53

Marliini wrote:I'm hoping that Ajax would pull of a small miracle tomorrow. It would complete what I would imagine is a perfect week of football results. Real lost 0-3 to Barca in Copa del Rey semis on Wednesday, lost the El Clásico 0-1 on Saturday. Dropping now in the Champions league would be Kreygasm

You were heard, Perfect week! :D :O >:D >:D

Dr_Existence420

Postby Marliini » 06 Mar 2019 08:17

Dr_Existence420 wrote:
Marliini wrote:I'm hoping that Ajax would pull of a small miracle tomorrow. It would complete what I would imagine is a perfect week of football results. Real lost 0-3 to Barca in Copa del Rey semis on Wednesday, lost the El Clásico 0-1 on Saturday. Dropping now in the Champions league would be Kreygasm

You were heard, Perfect week! :D :O >:D >:D

As I said, Kreygasm

Gotma wrote:We had a short conversation about this in the FL whatsapp group, but this is the real ( LUL ) place to discuss this: Being in charge of REAL (like presidente or shit) what would you do in the upcoming weeks?

Me:
- let the stupid fuck on the sideline finish the season
- talk to available or even employed coaches in the upcoming months to develop a vision regarding squad, future playstyle etc
- cry in a corner that I was stupid enough to rely solely on CR7 to carry me through all adversity for a decade and then being even more stupid not recognizing this and acting accordingly during the last summer

My take was: You've been humiliated this week. Out of Copa del Rey, practically out of contest for La Liga, now out of Champions league.
Solari was just an interim boss, 'caretaker manager', anyway, so just boot him and incidentally Mourinho is available so I guess bring him in. Booting Solari is not a fix though, just a way for the club make it seem they're doing something.

But yeah the bigger issue is not replacing Ronaldo. And I have to admit I have underestimated Ronaldo a lot. I never liked him, being such a diva, but apparently he wasn't terrible footballer the way he was carrying Real.

Vinicius JR is not yet a replacement. https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comment ... 4_goals_7/
Varane and Requilón have impressed so far

'Flanking with the JP E-100 is easier and faster' Lion, beach of Overlord, 27/06/2021
Marliini

Postby Gotma » 06 Mar 2019 08:26

When you communicate openly, that you'll take your time to find the right coach, booting the fucktard is unnecessary. Why pay more salary when the season is over already anyway, like you said?

Brony wrote: Btw Gotma youre kinda alright eventhough you sound like a horny 40 y/o old lesbian.
Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby Marliini » 06 Mar 2019 08:49

I don't see the decision makers in football being the most rational beings. See Chelsea and how many managers they've gone through in the last few years.
It's like lunch break in high school or Europe 1914. They think you can't be seen to be humiliated, your prestige will suffer, so you must act forcefully.

Marliini

Postby Gotma » 06 Mar 2019 09:04

OK I forgot that most leagues other than Bundesliga are spending billions like no tomorrow without any second thoughts and rational behavior. But hey that's why they are jealous of full stadiums and affordable tickets.
I would deal with the situation from a German managers stance, but obviously that's not suitable for the grands Kappa

Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby McMokka » 06 Mar 2019 09:43

If you bring in "the special one", Madrid is done for. He showcased clearly with ManU that he is unwilling to change his ancient take on tactics, even though he had some of the most promising talents for attack-football.

Btw I still remember the headlines from the beginning of the season. All about how Madrid doesn't need Ronaldo and that others are stepping up. I think Asensio, Bale and Benzema had like 20 direct goals/assists between them after a few weeks. Somewhere along the way it just crumbled. I don't think that the players are the problem. If you look at the line-up it still reads like an all-star team + Junior and other talents ready to take over in 2-3 years.
It probably comes down to moral and not taking the win for granted from the beginning. Madrid won the CL 3 times while playing like shit a lot of times. Guess it was time to get humbled.

Last year a lot of people said that Ancelottis job at bayern was hard since he does not have the right players, too old, too diva, not hungry anymore. Heynckes took over and made them into a team again instead of a bunch of football players. They just need a coach who will do just that.

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Gotma » 06 Mar 2019 10:55

I disagree on your allstar squad part. But that's only me :waxx25:

Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby Marliini » 06 Mar 2019 11:11

Dr_Mokka wrote:If you bring in "the special one", Madrid is done for. He showcased clearly with ManU that he is unwilling to change his ancient take on tactics, even though he had some of the most promising talents for attack-football.

Exactly what I, as an Barca fan, would like to see :)

Marliini

Postby Mettkrieger » 06 Mar 2019 12:06

Dr_Mokka wrote:Heynckes

I miss him

Mettkrieger

Officer
Officer

Postby Swoopie » 06 Mar 2019 15:41

Marliini wrote:I don't see the decision makers in football being the most rational beings. See Chelsea and how many managers they've gone through in the last few years.
It's like lunch break in high school or Europe 1914. They think you can't be seen to be humiliated, your prestige will suffer, so you must act forcefully.

I don't see the decision makers in any major sports being the most rational beings*

Don't want to derail the topic, but since I follow hockey a lot (NHL specifically), I see the owners/managers doing all kinds of dumb shit. And when they know they're on the hot seat (High possibility off getting kicked), it sometimes ends in a hail mary trade/acquisition during summer time, which in the end makes the team even worse and the next owner/GM has even less pieces to build back up from, making the rebuild last for 5+ years instead of 2-3.

Swoopie

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Gotma » 06 Mar 2019 15:44

Thoughts on Hummel, Boateng and Müller being booted from the German national team?

The way and moment it was communicated is so unbelievable stupid and disrespectful to those players, I have no words. Performance wise I agree on Boateng, somewhat on Hummels but not on Müller. He is something special and still only 29 years old with 100 games for Germany. Ofc he has his downs as well but he brings something unpredictable to the table, that can confuse any defense in the world at a given day.

Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby Marliini » 06 Mar 2019 15:53

I haven't seen Hummels play much but the little I saw he was doing well. I guess Süle is one pick for central defender, but who else? Are they better than Hummels?

I guess he felt he had to do something after the... lackluster performances lately. Don't know how he survived the World Cup disaster, but maybe he's finally feeling the heat and has to at least to be seen doing stuff.

Marliini

Postby Gotma » 06 Mar 2019 15:59

I guess Rüdiger is 2nd center back then.

I agree on changing something. But you could switch out the whole WC squad older than 29 then, it seems so random to me picking those 3. Kroos wasn't that great lately for example.

Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby TheGamingLion » 06 Mar 2019 16:02

*googles how to block a single topic*

//excuse me: I am a mr sexiі :tomatard:
^ GOMAT's

Last edited by TheGamingLion on 06 Mar 2019 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby Mettkrieger » 06 Mar 2019 16:24

Gotma wrote:Thoughts on Hummel, Boateng and Müller being booted from the German national team?

I guess it's to initiate a change. There are quite a few promising talents in the squad right now and maybe he wants to use the EM-Qualifier to form a team around all these "new"/young guys. There are quite a few players in our national team where I don't see why they are even in there (but I would've booted Özil immediately after he did this Erdogan election campaign stuff).

Maybe we're just lacking insights

Mettkrieger

Officer
Officer

Postby Marliini » 06 Mar 2019 16:41

Yeah Kroos hasn't been very good. Someone compared him to a diesel tractor recently

Rüdiger? I haven't been impressed. Anyone else? You wouldn't want to go into a tournament with just 2. Hummels would have brought a lot experience, still only 30

Mettkrieger wrote:Maybe we're just lacking insights

Nonsense

Marliini

Postby Bronn1 » 06 Mar 2019 19:21

Gotma wrote:OK I forgot that most leagues other than Bundesliga are spending billions like no tomorrow without any second thoughts and rational behavior. But hey that's why they are jealous of full stadiums and affordable tickets.
I would deal with the situation from a German managers stance, but obviously that's not suitable for the grands Kappa

While i agree with what you said and if i were a manager i would copy the german style of running things, i can't help and just look at the facts and notice that from 2000 onwards (basically the 1st year the transfer prices started exploding) there are 2 german wins of the Champ League, while there are 9 spanish wins in the same period using the not so rational management, from our pov at least.
Some might argue that Barcelona is somewhere in the middle, promoting a lot of their young players from the academy while still spending huge amounts for transfers and salaries too, but still, on a whole i would say their management wasn't the most rational and relied on spending a lot.

Bronn1

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section