Login or register with Wargaming Account

stronk cars

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

stronk cars

Postby NoobInOPTank » 21 Jul 2015 20:40

Hey Guys,
since there is no thread about cars yet I decided to create one! My idea of this topic was to talk about which cars you own, which ones you hate/love, which car you want to buy soon or drive before you die!

This is the car I am driving for 1 year now, its a BMW E46 328Ci and I really enjoy driving it <3
Spoiler:

Today I bought another one, an E36 320i for having some fun in winter! Got it for 500 Bucks, still needs some work though: Indicator, Fender, Damper broken! And for some good drifting action I still need to find a diff lock :P
Once I get it working again (I hope) my E46 also doesnt have to suffer through all the S4LT..
Spoiler:

My big dream car at the moment is the MK4 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo. I am still faaar away of beeing able to afford one, but that one is the big goal! I really like the styling and the engine is known to be extremly good, so you can still upgrade it if you get bored by 330 HP ... Only problem might be to get a model with the steering wheel on the left hand side.

So what about you guys?

Last edited by NoobInOPTank on 16 Oct 2016 10:01, edited 2 times in total.
NoobInOPTank

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Re: stronk cars

Postby TheGamingLion » 21 Jul 2015 20:42

Use this for drifting, has real plastic wheels just for that purpose. Is gr8 fun. And when you rekt it after 5mins, just buy a new one, they're quite cheap
Spoiler:

Edit: I'm doing this pointless Loin spamthing again, right? Will try to cut it back, sorry Kappa

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby _GLaDOS » 21 Jul 2015 20:49

there is only one car I would buy :O <3
Spoiler:

But you dont need one at all in cities like Berlin.

_GLaDOS

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Xen » 21 Jul 2015 20:58

I am not going to by a car anytime soon, may very well be half a decade or so, simply because they're too expensive and I'd have better things to spend the money on, but I'm a big fan of:

Spoiler:
Porsche. Superb design, engineering and performance. The Boxster Spyder is particularly beautiful, IMO.

Spoiler:
S5 pre-facelift. The closest a German car has ever gotten to muscle car design (visuals + V8)

Spoiler:
The recent American muscle cars with retro design

Although the EU Mustang misses a few nice details... The EU retro camaro... not my cup of tea. Especially the sunglasses as taillights just ruin it for me.

Oh and, fuck all kinds of automatic transmissions. They're just no fun. If it wasnt for the auto transmissions I'd have cars like the Jaguar XF, Audi A7 and various Mercs on my favourites list :(

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby _GLaDOS » 21 Jul 2015 21:06

I really do hate the new retro muscle cars. They lost their charm. They made to many (design) tadeoffs.

_GLaDOS

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Xen » 21 Jul 2015 21:11

Oh and I forgot the Corvette C7

Spoiler:

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Xen » 21 Jul 2015 21:13

_GLaDOS wrote:I really do hate the new retro muscle cars. They lost their charm. They made to many (design) tadeoffs.

you mean they lost their pre-war shit-tier interior and start putting better stuff into this gen of their cars specifically to tackle the european market? How terrible :^)

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby NoobInOPTank » 21 Jul 2015 21:20

I am also not such a big fan of the retro muscle cars, I prefer the old ones like the 1970 Dodge Charger:
Spoiler:

After I saw one in RL you notice how huge those things are, its like a fucking battleship :D
They sadly are only made for straight roads, you would get seasick if you drove them into some tight corners in germany...

NoobInOPTank

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Xen » 21 Jul 2015 21:23

I'm not saying I don't like the classics at all. I'm not a heartless monster. But they're only nice to look at and listen to. Their performance is crap in comparison to modern cars and they're way too precious to be driven on a regular basis. Heart loves them, brain does not.

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby TheGamingLion » 21 Jul 2015 21:25

Xensation wrote:I'm not a heartless monster.

4Head

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby _GLaDOS » 21 Jul 2015 21:34

Xensation wrote:
_GLaDOS wrote:I really do hate the new retro muscle cars. They lost their charm. They made to many (design) tadeoffs.

you mean they lost their pre-war shit-tier interior and start putting better stuff into this gen of their cars specifically to tackle the european market? How terrible :^)

Well, its not like they have high quality cockpits nowadays. ;)
And the latest Mustangs still had the same leaf springs like the ones from the 60ies...

but yeah, its senseless to discuss about tastes. Its still all about emotions and feelings when it comes to cars.

_GLaDOS

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Xen » 21 Jul 2015 21:37

I agree, discussing tastes is senseless.

But they're actually putting really decent interiors into their cars (see latest mustang) now. Can easily compete with euro (including german) cars, especially in that price range. I have seen italian super cars with worse interior quality, kek.

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Xen » 21 Jul 2015 21:39

Its still all about emotions and feelings when it comes to cars.

But why not compromise and take a car with a bit less emotional value and significantly better everything else? Not all modern cars are heartless copycat metal boxes. :>

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby _GLaDOS » 21 Jul 2015 21:48

Xensation wrote:
Its still all about emotions and feelings when it comes to cars.

But why not compromise and take a car with a bit less emotional value and significantly better everything else? Not all modern cars are heartless copycat metal boxes. :>

True, but as I said in the beginning: I dont need a car, so when I would buy one I dont need to make tradeoffs.
And there are indeed good looking modern cars, but at least for me not the muscle cars 2.0.

_GLaDOS

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Xen » 21 Jul 2015 21:50

just wondering, do you always use public transportation? :deadseal:

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby _GLaDOS » 21 Jul 2015 21:55

Or my bike... well, I work for DB, so it doesnt cost me a lot and it is still Berlin, not some small village out in the sticks

_GLaDOS

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Xen » 21 Jul 2015 22:00

yeh but living in berlin makes public transportation even worse, having to cope with all those retarded people in big cities :!

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby _GLaDOS » 21 Jul 2015 22:05

I have more problems with retards in cars.
But what really grinds my gear is that you learn to tell the difference between hipsters and hobos by their smell... from 2 km distance. :!

_GLaDOS

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby McMokka » 21 Jul 2015 22:06

So much love :O <3
Or the "family-version"

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby wetlioN » 21 Jul 2015 22:06

would buy cuz
- smexy
- lots of cfrp Kreygasm
- i was involved in development

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Next

Return to Public Friends' Section