Login or register with Wargaming Account

Your gaming rig/cave/desktop whatever...

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: Your gaming rig/cave/desktop whatever...

Postby McMokka » 18 Nov 2021 17:43

Dr_Slartibartfart wrote:
McMokka wrote:
Dr_Slartibartfart wrote:Currently imma do some changes with my rig. I wanna upgrade my shitty desktop speakers to some neat bookshelf speakers. I don't have a lot of room to fit the shit. Here is a draw out:

To get the first thing out of the way. My 2nd monitor is in portrait mode because I wanted to already place the amp I bought today and otherwise it doesn't fit. It's a Marantz SR5600, got a nice 80e deal on it and it came with a working remote and hdmi to coax adapter thingy which I actually plan to use to hook a chromecast up to so I can ez play music from my phone. It's pretty neat for the two 60W bookshelf speakers im getting. More on this in a bit.

What I am going to do tomorrow is wallmount my second monitor to be above my current monitor, not the most optimal positioning but its more than fine enough for what I usually use it for which is keep things which dont fit on my main screen and look at it every now and then. And tbh at how it is currently placed also isnt optimal at all because I need to turn my neck a shitload since my desk isn't very deep.

Once my monitor is moved I got space for the speakers. The speakers are interesting cuz im not gonna buy working speakers.... but a speaker kit :D (https://www.soundimports.eu/en/c-note.html) Its pretty neat and from what I can read the sound quality is really good compared to speakers you can just buy for the same price. It's gonna be gud fun putting that together. I could also get the components without the wood shit and pick my own wood to work with, but thats something i'll do later when imma make a DIY 7.1 system Kappa (but actually no kappa. would be neat if I can manage to make my own lil speakers and woofer to add later.) The speaker kit will arrive somewhere tomorrow or day after tomorrow so then i'll be able to work on them. Gonna be neat

Spoiler:
i'll do some strims when setup is done hehe

EDIT: Forgot to tell a neat thing. But I can actually use my FiiO k5 pro as DAC for the amp :)

Good stuff :) I can only recommend to not skimp on the wallmount, you should get an option that has good ergonomics, so you dont regret your decision later on!

Picked out my wall mount to have enough flexibility for what I want, enough tilt and weight so I dont have to be afraid of that. Can also swivel around and shit, which I will probably never use tbh.

Mounted it on the wall today with my dad. Really handy to have dads which know how to actually do these things :P

Having it up high is actually pretty fine for viewing, just need to lean back a bit more which is fine tbh.

The space I suddenly got availabe is really neat even though there is a huge amp sat there now :P
speakers will arrive tomorrow and then the continuing begins.

you could make a hanging shelf for under your desk for the amp, no? :thinking: or is that too restrictive for your long long legs? :D
The mount and the desk look very clean :)

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Re: Your gaming rig/cave/desktop whatever...

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 18 Nov 2021 18:15

McMokka wrote:
Dr_Slartibartfart wrote:
McMokka wrote:
Dr_Slartibartfart wrote:Currently imma do some changes with my rig. I wanna upgrade my shitty desktop speakers to some neat bookshelf speakers. I don't have a lot of room to fit the shit. Here is a draw out:

To get the first thing out of the way. My 2nd monitor is in portrait mode because I wanted to already place the amp I bought today and otherwise it doesn't fit. It's a Marantz SR5600, got a nice 80e deal on it and it came with a working remote and hdmi to coax adapter thingy which I actually plan to use to hook a chromecast up to so I can ez play music from my phone. It's pretty neat for the two 60W bookshelf speakers im getting. More on this in a bit.

What I am going to do tomorrow is wallmount my second monitor to be above my current monitor, not the most optimal positioning but its more than fine enough for what I usually use it for which is keep things which dont fit on my main screen and look at it every now and then. And tbh at how it is currently placed also isnt optimal at all because I need to turn my neck a shitload since my desk isn't very deep.

Once my monitor is moved I got space for the speakers. The speakers are interesting cuz im not gonna buy working speakers.... but a speaker kit :D (https://www.soundimports.eu/en/c-note.html) Its pretty neat and from what I can read the sound quality is really good compared to speakers you can just buy for the same price. It's gonna be gud fun putting that together. I could also get the components without the wood shit and pick my own wood to work with, but thats something i'll do later when imma make a DIY 7.1 system Kappa (but actually no kappa. would be neat if I can manage to make my own lil speakers and woofer to add later.) The speaker kit will arrive somewhere tomorrow or day after tomorrow so then i'll be able to work on them. Gonna be neat

Spoiler:
i'll do some strims when setup is done hehe

EDIT: Forgot to tell a neat thing. But I can actually use my FiiO k5 pro as DAC for the amp :)

Good stuff :) I can only recommend to not skimp on the wallmount, you should get an option that has good ergonomics, so you dont regret your decision later on!

Picked out my wall mount to have enough flexibility for what I want, enough tilt and weight so I dont have to be afraid of that. Can also swivel around and shit, which I will probably never use tbh.

Mounted it on the wall today with my dad. Really handy to have dads which know how to actually do these things :P

Having it up high is actually pretty fine for viewing, just need to lean back a bit more which is fine tbh.

The space I suddenly got availabe is really neat even though there is a huge amp sat there now :P
speakers will arrive tomorrow and then the continuing begins.

you could make a hanging shelf for under your desk for the amp, no? :thinking: or is that too restrictive for your long long legs? :D
The mount and the desk look very clean :)

I am thinking about building a stand for it so I can put things high on it and below it. Which would be neat

the hanging mount would sadly be almost impossible as the space between the end of the desk and the legs is too small. So I would have to mount it sticking out which would severely fuck the balance of the desk, considering it's like 13kg, or have it on my lap :P
Maybe a little stand for on the ground would work tho, would have to do some fitting with the electrical nests but could work.

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/h9nN9zdizaYPKX6h7
Dr_Slartibartfart

Previous

Return to Public Friends' Section