Login or register with Wargaming Account

Your gaming rig/cave/desktop whatever...

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: Your gaming rig/cave/desktop whatever...

Postby Privatfeind » 22 Jan 2016 19:56

Winter wrote:So, memory got in the way of mounting your CPU cooler's second fan on the front? :tomatard:

Yes, sadly. :(

Was quite surprised back then about the size of that thing. If the cooler would be only 1mm taller my case lid would touch it.^^
But anyways it´s ok, since i´ve a shitload of fans and mesh grid on the case. I even capped the rpm on 30% since i like it quiet and the cpu is still running under 60°C while gaming.

Privatfeind

Postby Henriques » 02 Mar 2016 22:02

Swoopie wrote:Get on muh lvl
:D

I am on your lvl

thinkpad masterace! <3

Thinkpad T430
i7-3520M
250GB (Samsung SSD 850 EVO) + 500GB (5400rpm) btw just got my ssd 2 days ago, still moving files around :)
12GB Ram
NVIDIA NVS 5400M

BENQ BL2411 as main screen when I'm home.

Henriques

Postby enzonix » 28 Mar 2021 11:46

Imagine having a proper gaming setup :(

That's mine atm.

MSI GF65 Thin 9SEXR
-i7 9750H
-RTX 2060
-16GB RAM
-SSD with only ~500G space
Razer KRAKEN headset (Took me a long time to start liking them tbh)
Steelseries Rival 110 mouse

And also a Desert Eagle to protect my property from any further invasions Kappa

enzonix

Friend of IDEAL
Friend of IDEAL

Postby Brati007 » 29 Mar 2021 08:57

you got invaded by elephants?

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby enzonix » 29 Mar 2021 10:04

Brati007 wrote:you got invaded by elephants?

2 fat guys

enzonix

Friend of IDEAL
Friend of IDEAL

Postby ZAND9R » 29 Mar 2021 10:15

My setup below. Most of the time the desk is full of shit, but for today's "presentation" I tried to make it look nice for mr. sexiis <3
Can't show you the case because it's hidden behind the desk so that my son doesn't "interact" with it :dealwithit:

The notebook on my desk is my work laptop, as this has been my work-office for more than a year now since r0na hit us.

Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Black
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
GPU: Gigabyte nVidia GTX 1070
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR4, 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)
CPU Fan: CM Hyper 212 Evo Black Edition
PSU: Corsair TX850m, 850W, 80+

Storage:
SSD: WD Black SN750 1 TB (WDS100T3X0C)
HDD: WD Green 1 TB (WD10EURX)
HDD: 2 x Samsung 1 TB (ST1000LM024)
HDD: Seagate 2 TB (ST32000641AS)
HDD: Seagate 4 TB (ST4000VN000)

Displays:
Main: AOC CU34G2X (34", 144hz)
Secondary: 2 x ASUS VG275 (27", 75Hz) - fitted on MacLean MC-766 desk mount

Keyboard: REDDRAGON K558R (Mechanical)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headphone: Jabra Evolve Link (alternatively HyperX Cloud II)

Last edited by ZAND9R on 29 Mar 2021 10:49, edited 1 time in total.
ZAND9R

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 29 Mar 2021 10:41

so why two keyboards :thinking:

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/h9nN9zdizaYPKX6h7
Dr_Slartibartfart

Postby ZAND9R » 29 Mar 2021 10:46

Dr_Slartibartfart wrote:so why two keyboards :thinking:

The regular one (non-mechanical, seen at the bottom) is connected to the laptop.

ZAND9R

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby TheGamingLion » 29 Mar 2021 10:46

Dr_Slartibartfart wrote:so why two keyboards :thinking:

Laptop I guess

Edit: Well

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby Xen » 29 Mar 2021 11:37

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Brati007 » 29 Mar 2021 12:08

Xen wrote:Image

is that for real a real doorstopper for a real door? wow xen, so much upgrades, very impressed

Brati007

Postby Mettkrieger » 24 May 2021 14:15

Does anyone of you have a recommendation for a monitor arm? It needs to support 7kg and a 34" ultrawide.

Also: Where would you buy a deskplate?

Mettkrieger

Officer
Officer

Postby Brati007 » 24 May 2021 15:39

Mettkrieger wrote:Does anyone of you have a recommendation for a monitor arm? It needs to support 7kg and a 34" ultrawide.

dedicated woodshop or the hardware store like hornbach

Brati007

Postby McMokka » 04 Jun 2021 13:00

Mettkrieger wrote:Does anyone of you have a recommendation for a monitor arm? It needs to support 7kg and a 34" ultrawide.

Just bought a solid oak-"countertop" from Hornbach to build a desk. 200cm x 80cm x 4cm. Was a bit over 200€. Combined with the feet I got of amazon, The desk plus oil to prep the wood was below 350€. Considering what a finished desk of that size looks like if you wanna spend less than 350, i am very happy with it. I even got a 50€ discount on the wood because it had some minor damage I just got rid of afterwards while sanding, so I ended up with paying less than 300 LUL

spoiler contains pictures of the components and the process
Spoiler:

I love how it turned out and this thing is absolutely massive. It will probably survive me LUL

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Mettkrieger » 04 Jun 2021 14:01

Currently building a desk as well.

I purchased an electric frame which is due mid june.

Bought a piece of solid oak at 260x80x27 (which I cut to 160x80x27) at Bauhaus for a bit more than 100€. Sanded it down and applied hard wax oil (google said it's called like that).

Some Pictures:
Spoiler:
Untouched:

sanding it down (80 => 120 => 180 => 240):

applied wax/oil and removed the residue from it:

I'll post once I assemble the whole desk and provide a picture.

Also bought some other things while I was at it: Monitor arm, Schiitstack and a wireless charger that I'll put into the table (from below, not visible from the top)

Mettkrieger

Officer
Officer

Postby Mettkrieger » 06 Jul 2021 10:48

Something something about me wanting to post an update:

(MacBook is from work)

Things I added from my previous setup:
  • Monitorarm
  • Schiitstack
  • Wireless charger (built into the desk)
  • Screen light bar thingy
  • Clean(er) cable management at the back

More pictures:
Spoiler:
frame:
desk without everything:
Charger from below (I'll :reeee: when I have to access it again):
Charger from above:
Cable management:

Mettkrieger

Officer
Officer

Postby Brati007 » 06 Jul 2021 16:20

i r8 9/10 m8

Brati007

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 17 Nov 2021 20:22

Currently imma do some changes with my rig. I wanna upgrade my shitty desktop speakers to some neat bookshelf speakers. I don't have a lot of room to fit the shit. Here is a draw out:

To get the first thing out of the way. My 2nd monitor is in portrait mode because I wanted to already place the amp I bought today and otherwise it doesn't fit. It's a Marantz SR5600, got a nice 80e deal on it and it came with a working remote and hdmi to coax adapter thingy which I actually plan to use to hook a chromecast up to so I can ez play music from my phone. It's pretty neat for the two 60W bookshelf speakers im getting. More on this in a bit.

What I am going to do tomorrow is wallmount my second monitor to be above my current monitor, not the most optimal positioning but its more than fine enough for what I usually use it for which is keep things which dont fit on my main screen and look at it every now and then. And tbh at how it is currently placed also isnt optimal at all because I need to turn my neck a shitload since my desk isn't very deep.

Once my monitor is moved I got space for the speakers. The speakers are interesting cuz im not gonna buy working speakers.... but a speaker kit :D (https://www.soundimports.eu/en/c-note.html) Its pretty neat and from what I can read the sound quality is really good compared to speakers you can just buy for the same price. It's gonna be gud fun putting that together. I could also get the components without the wood shit and pick my own wood to work with, but thats something i'll do later when imma make a DIY 7.1 system Kappa (but actually no kappa. would be neat if I can manage to make my own lil speakers and woofer to add later.) The speaker kit will arrive somewhere tomorrow or day after tomorrow so then i'll be able to work on them. Gonna be neat

Spoiler:
i'll do some strims when setup is done hehe

EDIT: Forgot to tell a neat thing. But I can actually use my FiiO k5 pro as DAC for the amp :)

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

Dr_Slartibartfart

Postby McMokka » 18 Nov 2021 11:21

Dr_Slartibartfart wrote:Currently imma do some changes with my rig. I wanna upgrade my shitty desktop speakers to some neat bookshelf speakers. I don't have a lot of room to fit the shit. Here is a draw out:

To get the first thing out of the way. My 2nd monitor is in portrait mode because I wanted to already place the amp I bought today and otherwise it doesn't fit. It's a Marantz SR5600, got a nice 80e deal on it and it came with a working remote and hdmi to coax adapter thingy which I actually plan to use to hook a chromecast up to so I can ez play music from my phone. It's pretty neat for the two 60W bookshelf speakers im getting. More on this in a bit.

What I am going to do tomorrow is wallmount my second monitor to be above my current monitor, not the most optimal positioning but its more than fine enough for what I usually use it for which is keep things which dont fit on my main screen and look at it every now and then. And tbh at how it is currently placed also isnt optimal at all because I need to turn my neck a shitload since my desk isn't very deep.

Once my monitor is moved I got space for the speakers. The speakers are interesting cuz im not gonna buy working speakers.... but a speaker kit :D (https://www.soundimports.eu/en/c-note.html) Its pretty neat and from what I can read the sound quality is really good compared to speakers you can just buy for the same price. It's gonna be gud fun putting that together. I could also get the components without the wood shit and pick my own wood to work with, but thats something i'll do later when imma make a DIY 7.1 system Kappa (but actually no kappa. would be neat if I can manage to make my own lil speakers and woofer to add later.) The speaker kit will arrive somewhere tomorrow or day after tomorrow so then i'll be able to work on them. Gonna be neat

Spoiler:

EDIT: Forgot to tell a neat thing. But I can actually use my FiiO k5 pro as DAC for the amp :)

Good stuff :) I can only recommend to not skimp on the wallmount, you should get an option that has good ergonomics, so you dont regret your decision later on!

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 18 Nov 2021 16:23

McMokka wrote:
Dr_Slartibartfart wrote:Currently imma do some changes with my rig. I wanna upgrade my shitty desktop speakers to some neat bookshelf speakers. I don't have a lot of room to fit the shit. Here is a draw out:

Spoiler:

Good stuff :) I can only recommend to not skimp on the wallmount, you should get an option that has good ergonomics, so you dont regret your decision later on!

Picked out my wall mount to have enough flexibility for what I want, enough tilt and weight so I dont have to be afraid of that. Can also swivel around and shit, which I will probably never use tbh.

Mounted it on the wall today with my dad. Really handy to have dads which know how to actually do these things :P

Having it up high is actually pretty fine for viewing, just need to lean back a bit more which is fine tbh.

The space I suddenly got availabe is really neat even though there is a huge amp sat there now :P
speakers will arrive tomorrow and then the continuing begins.

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

Dr_Slartibartfart

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section