Login or register with Wargaming Account

Football autism

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: Football autism

Postby Bronn1 » 08 Apr 2021 09:20

The game was indeed fun to watch, for the neutral observer (me) and also surprising! I expected Bayern to do to PSG what they did to them in the last year's final!
I disagree with the fact that Di Maria is a shitter, though!

Bronn1

Postby Gotma » 08 Apr 2021 09:37

DiMaria was invisible yesterday. So was Draxler. I was exaggerating with the shitters :waxx25:

22:14:46 - "Kiwi" stupst Sie an:
GOTMA, I WAS IN GERMANY AND FOUND GOD. I AM A MAN OF CHRIST OUR SAVIOUR NOW o/

Brony wrote: Btw Gotma youre kinda alright eventhough you sound like a horny 40 y/o old lesbian.
Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby Gotma » 13 Apr 2021 07:30

I am hyped. Weiter immer weiter!

Brony wrote: Btw Gotma youre kinda alright eventhough you sound like a horny 40 y/o old lesbian.
Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby Mettkrieger » 13 Apr 2021 08:17

Gotma wrote:I am hyped. Weiter immer weiter!

I have my doubts, but I'm glad if I get surprised

Mettkrieger

Officer
Officer

Postby McMokka » 13 Apr 2021 22:00

PSG was the better team today. Both games combined, Bayern was probably slightly ahead. Coman was the weakest link in my opinion, Müller also a surprising quantity of bad passes. Strongest on Bayern-side Hernandez and Neuer for me, you cant defend Neymar/Mbappe 100%, but Hernandez did a lot of good work against them.
What pisses me off is watching 40+ minutes in the second half of PSG already wasting time, diving, etc. you are already the better team of the evening, some decency and respect is not too much to ask.

Would be funny if Dortmund wins against MCity after all and go on to win the CL, while having a shitty season.

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Marliini » 14 Apr 2021 05:41

How likely do you see the speculation that Flick might ditch Bayern for the national team, because the Sporting Director is a prick

'Flanking with the JP E-100 is easier and faster' Lion, beach of Overlord, 27/06/2021
Marliini

Postby McMokka » 14 Apr 2021 06:48

Depends. Bayerns last season was perfect, even tho they were "on a budget". This season is far from perfect even tho they spend somewhat big, so it is possible that Flick would get more funds and also more weight in the discussion over where to spend the money. That can be enticing and Bayern is still one of the top clubs you would want to coach if you want to win titles.
Then again, coaching the national team is probably the most chill job ever, so who knows. Either way, I am hoping that Klopp is taking the job that is left Kappa

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Gotma » 14 Apr 2021 06:52

Offensively Bayern was weak af. They created quite a few nearly-chances, but then ruined it with a bad first touch or overambitious last pass.
I agree with Mokke, that they were lucky to win the game yesterday. Davies, Coman, Sane, Müller were all terrible yesterday imho + everyone will ask themselves why we'll let go Boateng who had a stunning performance just like Neuer and Hernandez.
Paris playing the clock basically from the start is bad, but the ref not punishing that is a disgrace. I think dagba had a yellow already and walked 30m to a throw in and the ref didn't even give him a warning. Of the additional time of 4 min the ball was in play maybe 90s, and still ref calls it a game after those 4min, just stupid.
I mean this whole fuzz about Salihamidzic and Flick having problems is so dumb. The transfers Sali did were bang average at best, people like Sarr shouldn't be near the pitch Lewandowski and Kimmich play on. Flick wants more influence on upcoming transfers and Sali has an ego-problem with that, I guess. Either Kahn clears the situation when he'll be in full charge soon or Flick will go. Apparently Kovac was moaning about being involved too little regarding transfers already. And Kovac arguably had a better team.

Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby Bronn1 » 14 Apr 2021 08:58

Gotma wrote:DiMaria was invisible yesterday. So was Draxler. I was exaggerating with the shitters :waxx25:

DiMaria was a little more visible last night, even though he gave an assist in the first leg, too! (I have a soft spot for him since ever, that's why i'm butthurting about this :P)

Bronn1

Postby Bronn1 » 14 Apr 2021 09:08

McMokka wrote:PSG was the better team today. Both games combined, Bayern was probably slightly ahead. Coman was the weakest link in my opinion, Müller also a surprising quantity of bad passes. Strongest on Bayern-side Hernandez and Neuer for me, you cant defend Neymar/Mbappe 100%, but Hernandez did a lot of good work against them.
What pisses me off is watching 40+ minutes in the second half of PSG already wasting time, diving, etc. you are already the better team of the evening, some decency and respect is not too much to ask.

Would be funny if Dortmund wins against MCity after all and go on to win the CL, while having a shitty season.

In my opinion it seemed that Bayern, or the Bayern players underestimated PSG (especially in the first leg). Even though most of us don't like PSG and they didn't really function as a team in the past, you can't just ignore the high quality of Mbappe and Neymar. Again, in my opinion, Bayern only has 1 player of that caliber, that can decide the game on his own and he wasn't on the pitch!
This leads me to another discussion, in the recent past various people from Bayern said that unlike Barcelona or Real Madrid they don't depend on 1 player (Messi and CR), the team is the main strength of the club. Lewandowski kind of proved that wrong in the last week!

Regarding the remaining teams, after i've watched the El Classico last Saturday, i can say that Real has a good chance to win it's 14th League/Cup, but let's see what happens against Liverpool first!

Bronn1

Postby Gotma » 14 Apr 2021 09:39

Obv Bayern depends on Lewandowski, but also on Gnabry.
The point of people saying this probably is, that Bayern is more of a homogeneous unit than a lot of other teams out there. As I said before the difference in quality between offense and defense is huge for some teams like PSG. Bayern is kinda more balanced.
Not saying Bayern would've won easily with Lewa and Gnabry, but they are difference making players missing, while PSG had those on board. And still it was a razor thin decision.

Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby McMokka » 14 Apr 2021 09:42

Lewandowski is a huge factor, sure. But Gnabry was missing as well, same as Goretzka and Süle, those are all first team players not on the pitch. Costa also being injured and you got a very weakened starting 11 to begin with and basically nothing to adjust the team with during the match.

I dont think PSG was underestimated, Bayern was simply worse than during the 1st leg, while PSG gave them less room and played for surviving with their advantage. I would argue that if either of Lewandowski, Gnabry or Goretzka would have been on the pitch in either of the games (Goretzka being there for like 20 minutes the last time around) would have made this fixture entirely different.

No one is denying the quality of Neymar or Mbappe, but it cant be denied that PSG going through was more due to the circumstances than them being the superior team. it makes no sense to moan about that, tho, for years now it has been talked about that the Bayern-squad is too slim and they paid the price for it now. We will see how they act on the market in the summer.

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby McMokka » 14 Apr 2021 13:55

phpBB [video]

Interesting video about Barca

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Marliini » 14 Apr 2021 14:45

you might not like it, but this is what peak football looks like
https://twitter.com/kristianreed/status ... 15136?s=20

'Flanking with the JP E-100 is easier and faster' Lion, beach of Overlord, 27/06/2021
Marliini

Postby Marliini » 17 May 2021 16:31

So, reading that Koeman might be kicked after the season. Until recently I was thinking that he was doing pretty well all things considered, as the club was a mess when he came, president got booted and locked up, Messi threatening to leave etc... and actually winning a title in Copa del Rey.

But...

The results against Granada, Levante, and Celta Vigo were abysmal and the chance for the league title was thrown.
In addition Koeman was never Laporte's man, he was brought in under he-who-shall-not-be-mentioned. Apparently Laporte is demanding the 'Barca DNA 4-3-3' even though what I saw of Koeman's 3-5-2, it seemed fresh. Should Koeman go, who's next?

And Jesus Atletico was cutting it close yesterday. Every Barca fan is now hoping that the 5D chess of gifting Suarez to Atletico so Real won't win will go through. Fingers crossed.

Marliini

Postby Marliini » 20 May 2021 14:58

This has to be on our forums KappaPride

https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comment ... o_does_he/
"Roberto Carlos, one of his former teammates in the national team and Real Madrid, made a curious revelation. "Everything Ronaldo does, he does well. I have slept with him more times than with my own wife. I did everything with Ronaldo. With and without limits."

Marliini

Postby Gotma » 31 May 2021 14:06

Chelsea deserved the win. 3rd Germish coach in the row winning that thing WOW

Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby Marliini » 31 May 2021 14:16

Well, a team of an oligarch vs a team of a sheikh. I can't shake the feeling that football lost with those teams in the final

Marliini

Postby Gotma » 31 May 2021 14:33

But that was clear before the game :smug:

The fact that neither PSG nor ManCity were able to win the CL yet gives me some hope.
Barca and Real are no saints either, but they got no investors. Instead they can do what ever the fuck they want while being in debt, just because of their history. Pretty stupid imho but something for another conversation I guess.

Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby McMokka » 01 Jun 2021 12:00

Tbh, subjectively Chelsea is slightly better than the clubs of PSG and ManCity. Not only because they field some german talent and a german coach, but also because without looking into it too much, their spendings since the takeover of Abramovich have been somewhat less shocking compared to what City and Paris spent since the sandy bois took over.
the spanish top clubs Real, Barca and also Atletico are all over 1.000.000.000€ in debt, all noteworthy english clubs are owned by some entity and/or in debt... I am not well informed about italian football, but afaik Juventus are in deep shit as well, the chinese owners of Inter are in trouble with the club being in debt. There seems to be some hope around AC Milan tho, "only" being 100 million in debt after the season, not including any revenue the CL will bring them the coming season with a promising squad.

All things considered, we gotta come to terms with that football is entertainment for the masses at this point and that we most likely wont ever shake the picture of corporate entities controlling clubs, if there will be no salary-cap at some point. Then it would become very interesting very quickly.

And it makes me say, that I am proud to be a Bayern supporter, apart from the minor collaboration with Dubai they seem like the golden bois in football, still owning 75% of the club and being debt free :)
phpBB [video]

Anyway, who is looking forward to a needless euro "2020" that is still held in over a dozen countries while a pandemic is still going :cough: :party:

McMokka

Officer
Officer

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section