Login or register with Wargaming Account

stronk movies and series

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: stronk movies and series

Postby Marliini » 23 Aug 2020 07:09

McMokka wrote:
Marliini wrote:Few episodes into Happy!
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2452242/
Nice and bonkers. Nice to see Meloni doing something else than policing

think i got like 4 episodes in and stopped then. Didnt really tickle me.

Couple of times when I have been laughing I have been thinking I'm going to hell for laughing.

'Flanking with the JP E-100 is easier and faster' Lion, beach of Overlord, 27/06/2021
Marliini

Postby Bronn1 » 23 Aug 2020 10:22

I can't wait, all my geekish senses are tingling!
phpBB [video]

Bronn1

Postby Marliini » 08 Sep 2020 05:39

Top Boy -Nice. Kano can into acting. Or he is just that gloomy all the time
The Bodyguard -Robb Stark falls in love and makes a mess. Still really nice
The Umbrella Academy -Strange, more light-hearted mood than in the previous two, targeting younger viewers, but still nice

'Flanking with the JP E-100 is easier and faster' Lion, beach of Overlord, 27/06/2021
Marliini

Postby Brati007 » 09 Sep 2020 16:53

Marliini wrote:Top Boy -Nice. Kano can into acting. Or he is just that gloomy all the time
The Bodyguard -Robb Stark falls in love and makes a mess. Still really nice
The Umbrella Academy -Strange, more light-hearted mood than in the previous two, targeting younger viewers, but still nice

there are more than two seasons of umbrella academy?

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 09 Sep 2020 20:17

phpBB [video]

HAAFAP

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

"Bois, you know the feel when a peanut drops from your clothes on the floor and you have another peanut to eat?" -Fart, 2k20

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Marliini » 10 Sep 2020 05:28

Brati007 wrote:there are more than two seasons of umbrella academy?

Just the two at the moment

Marliini

Postby Moejestic » 10 Sep 2020 19:01

Dr_Badthur wrote:
phpBB [video]

HAAFAP

from like 1:10 onwards the music is like goosebump city, but i feel from like 1:54 or so the climax of the music could have been so much more than that.
Still very HAAFAP tho

Moejestic

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 15 Sep 2020 22:43

phpBB [video]

fuckin Pog Kreygasm

I loved S1, honestly still one of my favorite shows, even though it's only been one season so far

starts on the 30th of october: https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1301158402161139712

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

"Bois, you know the feel when a peanut drops from your clothes on the floor and you have another peanut to eat?" -Fart, 2k20

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby feoffle_der_fachidiot » 16 Sep 2020 08:26

The Mandalorian is a programme where my entire family were excited for the next episode to come out, and we would all sit down and watch it together.

<20:24:33> "Dr_Schnu": an tru'eth
<20:24:45> "McMokka": falsent

feoffle_der_fachidiot

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 05 Oct 2020 00:21

Started watching Undercover https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7263154/. It is a really nice series till now, its flemish but has subtitles and shit obv. But it shows the real side of limburg and drugs and shit, so its fun. Can recommend

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/h9nN9zdizaYPKX6h7
Dr_Slartibartfart

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 25 Oct 2020 15:09

rewatched all of Suits (I never actually finished the show - think the final 2 series came out after). quite good overall, but it did feel dragged out and repetitive at times. the ending (show has been cancelled) was definitely rushed though. meghan becoming a royal kinda screwed the storyline as well LUL

now just started watching Raised by Wolves. it seems pretty good so far

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 10 Nov 2020 20:40

Dr_Badthur wrote:rewatched all of Suits (I never actually finished the show - think the final 2 series came out after). quite good overall, but it did feel dragged out and repetitive at times. the ending (show has been cancelled) was definitely rushed though. meghan becoming a royal kinda screwed the storyline as well LUL

now just started watching Raised by Wolves. it seems pretty good so far

forgot to post: I liked it quite a lot. would defo recommend if someone is looking for another series to watch

also watched: better call saul - I started watching the series few years ago, but got bored, don't remember why specifically. but it is certainly not as fast paced or intense as breaking bad. still gut

the old guard: good muvee, somewhat of a different take on immortality superhero-esque movies. would recommend
I'd also love to see a prequel to this movie, like a few hundred years prior to what happened here. think it would be cool in a different time setting

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Brati007 » 10 Nov 2020 21:19

things i enjoyed recently:

movie: the outpost- survival is everything (not great but decent take on current issues)

series: star trek discovery season 3 (best so far tho the other two were already gud)

and the expanse s05 will soon start

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 12 Nov 2020 00:30

Finished Undercover season two too now. Holy fuck that series is gud, I can highly recommend to watch it. Kreygasm

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/h9nN9zdizaYPKX6h7
Dr_Slartibartfart

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 22 Nov 2020 00:33

The Terror (2018) - had already watched season 1, but it was worth rewatching. great season with some great actors, a lot of whom were in GoT

season 2 (not related to s1 in any way, hadn't watched it yet) was quite good, but s1 was definitely better imo. if I had to rate it, maybe 6.5/10. personally I'd subtract another 1 from that score, because I dislike series/movies which I need to pay attention to subtitles for LUL

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 30 Nov 2020 12:03

freedom writers - based on a true story, it's about a privileged white wamen, who goes into a school to teach a class of mixed young mr sexiіs, whom are part of ethnic gangs. honestly a great film, but clearly hollywood-icized. a nice ending to it with some stronk feel-good emotions

tenet - gud movie, very stronk mindfuck though. I would need to watch it again to fully understand it. definitely a hard one to follow

dallas buyers club - not fully finished it yet but can say that it's a very solid movie with a great plot. kinda disappointed that it took me this long to watch it. great movie, good ol' matthew is as solid as ever

bohemian rhapsody - not a fan of queen, but they do have a couple of songs that I like. regardless, good movie. ending was quite powerful. remi malek is quite a solid actor

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 07 Dec 2020 23:28

phpBB [video]

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 24 Dec 2020 23:11

Godfather of Harlem (2019) - gud series with some stronk actors. Would recommend, but there are better series out there to watch if you don't have much time

The Expanse S5: as always - :thumb:
(so far anyway)

Star Trek Discovery: as I'm a smol ST/SW nerd, I was going to like this regardless ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If you didn't like previous Star Trek series (like the older ones) because of shitty SFX - give this a try
Season 3, IMO, is kinda meh though. The main actress (Sasha from The Walking Dead) turns into a super-cringy, overly-positive character. That is bleh, but meh. First 2 seasons were good, with none of the aforementioned issue

Westworld S3: personally I didn't like the first 2 seasons all too much, I found S3 more entertaining though, albeit maybe less interesting/imaginative

Mandalorian S2: what can I say, Mandalorian has quickly became my favorite series. Jon Favreau and the other co-directors/writers are doing a fucking fantastic job of this. If only the movies would follow suit. More of this, pls

Black Mirror S5
E1 - uhh, the fuck. Might be uncomfortable for some people to watch LUL personally I didn't enjoy it too much
E2 - liked this episode a lot more. Out of the 3 from this season, I'd call it the best
E3 - wasn't too bad. Without spoilering anything, Miley Cyrus surprised me in her acting ability. Episode itself I didn't enjoy too much, however

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 03 Jan 2021 00:34

Wonder woman 84 - g a r b a g e. Do not watch. 2/10 since I'm feeling generous

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby TheGamingLion » 05 Jan 2021 12:06

Finishing the last episode of The Queen's Gambit atm, really nice one imo.
Overdramatising chess a bit but also showing its depth very well, and ofc Russia=bad LUL Also immersive acting everywhere imo.
And the scenery CGI is arse but that can easily be overlooked.

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section