Login or register with Wargaming Account

Corona autism

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: Corona autism

Postby Kriegerseele » 03 Apr 2020 23:09

I hope we get 25k deaths in the end in germany otherwise the normal flu would have been deadlier

With great power comes great responsibility
Kriegerseele

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby McMokka » 04 Apr 2020 18:17

So, Germany just hit a reproduction-rate of 1, with estimations predicting that we hit 0,8 in a couple of days. That even surpasses the best-case scenario that was given for us. Source is the head of the RKI in Germany.

We still have to see how that pans out, but strong effort by us :)

At this point in time, even in Germany with a good ratio of IC-beds, every scenario that only relies on "flatten the curve" is shit, since a curve, that is flat enough to overwhelm the healthcare-system takes more than a year, making a vaccine the only hope. So taking big measurements to get the reproduction-rate below 1 to get back to a containment-scenario is crucial to avoid tenthousands of deaths + death of the economy.

So lets hope that the RKI is right and we can beat this mofo. If that happens I guess several european countries could follow with Germanys help/by our example.

Obviously there is still a risk until a vaccine is found, but it would make this whole shitshow much more tolerable.

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby AngelofAwe » 04 Apr 2020 20:15

McMokka wrote:So, Germany just hit a reproduction-rate of 1, with estimations predicting that we hit 0,8 in a couple of days. That even surpasses the best-case scenario that was given for us. Source is the head of the RKI in Germany.

We still have to see how that pans out, but strong effort by us :)

At this point in time, even in Germany with a good ratio of IC-beds, every scenario that only relies on "flatten the curve" is shit, since a curve, that is flat enough to overwhelm the healthcare-system takes more than a year, making a vaccine the only hope. So taking big measurements to get the reproduction-rate below 1 to get back to a containment-scenario is crucial to avoid tenthousands of deaths + death of the economy.

So lets hope that the RKI is right and we can beat this mofo. If that happens I guess several european countries could follow with Germanys help/by our example.

Obviously there is still a risk until a vaccine is found, but it would make this whole shitshow much more tolerable.

Sounds pretty amazing if true. I haven't heard any news from Germany but I suppose in a pandemic no news is good news.
Of course even if you manage to suppress it to near 0 new cases it's not going to disappear but at least people and governments will take it seriously and get a second chance to do better.

AngelofAwe

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 08 Apr 2020 02:13

There's been 174 deaths so far in Ireland, 73% "had an underlying illness" and the median age is 81. How does that age compare to other countries?

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

"Bois, you know the feel when a peanut drops from your clothes on the floor and you have another peanut to eat?" -Fart, 2k20

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby McMokka » 08 Apr 2020 07:56

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... y/germany/
So yesterday, germany had the first day with less cases as the day before. New cases slowed down significantly over the last week. The day to reevaluate was set to the 19th of april, but if the trend continues like that, I guess some of the bans will be lifted here, though I hope that is aimed to help businesses, not make all the mouthbreathing idiots disregard everything they learned in the last couple of weeks.
That combined with "only" 2000 deaths so far in relation to our high infection numbers makes one hope for the future. Obviously the number of cases is hard to compare, since other countries test way less, relatively speaking, but still.

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby AngelofAwe » 08 Apr 2020 11:43

Dr_Badthur wrote:There's been 174 deaths so far in Ireland, 73% "had an underlying illness" and the median age is 81. How does that age compare to other countries?

I think that's pretty much in line with most other countries. High 70s to low 80s median age.
The "underlying illness" criteria is far less relevant than I thought though, I looked through some statistics and for example in Italy over 60% of the GENERAL POPULATION age 65+ qualify as having underlying illnesses.
Diagnosed that is, no mention of how many are undiagnosed.

"Ikä on tiedossa 28 kuolleen osalta. Kuolleiden mediaani-ikä on 84 vuotta. 40–59-vuotiaita kuolleita on kaksi, 60–79-vuotiaita on seitsemän, yli 80-vuotiaita on 19."

In Finland the age is known for 28 of the 40 deaths. No clue what happened to the other 12 but our deaths just increased by 13 so info may be lagging behind.
Median is 84.
2x age 40-59
7x 60-79
19x 80+

AngelofAwe

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 08 Apr 2020 14:42

interdasting. so what is the (global) death rate for the 20-30 age range?

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

"Bois, you know the feel when a peanut drops from your clothes on the floor and you have another peanut to eat?" -Fart, 2k20

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Dr_Oolen » 08 Apr 2020 17:47

Dr_Badthur wrote:interdasting. so what is the (global) death rate for the 20-30 age range?
For Sams, around 99.9% within the next 60-70 years.

Dr_Oolen

Officer
Officer

Postby AngelofAwe » 08 Apr 2020 19:17

Dr_Badthur wrote:interdasting. so what is the (global) death rate for the 20-30 age range?

At worst 0,2% it seems. Probably less.

AngelofAwe

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 08 Apr 2020 19:25

that is surprisingly low, from what I've seen it can still affect younger people pretty seriously?

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Brati007 » 08 Apr 2020 19:28

Kriegerseele wrote:I hope we get 25k deaths in the end in germany otherwise the normal flu would have been deadlier

i hope your father would still be alive so you wouldnt write such utter bullshit.

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby AngelofAwe » 08 Apr 2020 19:57

Dr_Badthur wrote:that is surprisingly low, from what I've seen it can still affect younger people pretty seriously?

The younger you are the less likely to get severe complications. It does still strike a good amount of young people very hard but the difference is that the young are able to walk out of the hospital after recovery while the elderly leave in a casket.
Biological age is the greatest determining factor of your odds to survive.

That doesn't mean it will be comfortable for the young. Sure 80% of cases are categorized as "mild" but that includes anything below hospitalization.
Being at home with a fever that stays over 39,5 degrees for a week straight while painfully coughing up your lungs is a mild case as long as you don't need supplemental oxygen.

I'd rather not take any chances hoping I'm one of the lucky ones who get almost no symptoms at all.

AngelofAwe

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 09 Apr 2020 15:03

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby TheGamingLion » 09 Apr 2020 15:12

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby McMokka » 17 Apr 2020 20:56

Tbh I only follow the events in Germany closely, so no idea what happens in the other countries. What are the news in the Nordic countries?

I just saw on our news, that our reproduction rate is down to 0,7 which is pretty gud. Also from what can be said from the numbers alone, Spain and Italy seem to be through the thickest shit.

Murica still fucked, memewhile trump delays emergency payments to put his fucking name on the checks LUL

How are you bois holding up in quarantine? :)

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Aubury » 17 Apr 2020 22:52

Brati007 wrote:
Kriegerseele wrote:I hope...

i hope your father would still be alive so you wouldnt write such utter bullshit.

wtf dude

I don't stat pad in tier 9 tanks. I just happen to play an equal amount of tier 8 and 10 tanks!
Spoiler:
Aubury

Postby TheGamingLion » 17 Apr 2020 23:14

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby Kriegerseele » 17 Apr 2020 23:21

Cmon, aubury. No hard feelings for brati(he is also retarded but also a god in his own ways), but he got that in the wrong neck. Even if my dad would be alive i would have wrote that shit cause it was supposed to be a retarded krygr thesis. It should have been obvious that i am not meaning this serious, i even feel dumb now explaining it.

With great power comes great responsibility
Kriegerseele

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 18 Apr 2020 16:13

McMokka wrote:How are you bois holding up in quarantine? :)

said it in whatspleb 2 nights ago, but my aunt in law was hospitalized with corona, she's been recovering though, which is of course great.
was worrying because she has diabetes + gets sick regularly, so probably has a shit immune system. and she has 2 young children, so my uncle had to do farming and try to take care of his kids...

also, my granny is mostly wheelchair bound, and for whatever reason regularly falls off her toilet. when that happens, my two uncles that live near her + either of their wives usually go over to help her back up, so potentially she is infected with corona too
her health is complete shit, like so shit that we're surprised she isn't dead yet (and she's like 73?), so if she gets it, I doubt she'll live :|

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Dr_Oolen » 19 Apr 2020 08:51

Apart from basically having no work/income because of it, practically nothing changed for me except going outside with a mask on when i go for a walk, but since i walk in places where i might on average see 1-2 people per 1 hour i dont have it on anyway unless i see some mr sexiі coming. Also, I do like that when I actually go outside there are even fewer people there than usual - its simply muchm ore peaceful and calm outside, which i like. But i guess what changed is i havent seen my sister for some 2 months now (she lives in a city some 100 km away) because of it and only saw my grandmother twice or three times briefly and from some distance as my mother is basically now the only person who interacts with her to minimize the chance of possible spread because my grandmother is 85, and despite, for her age, still being in respectable health, a respectable health of an 85 year old still isnt something that could handle stuff like this.

So in a way this corona stuff hasnt really been bad to me overall.

Dr_Oolen

Officer
Officer

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section