Login or register with Wargaming Account

Application

Post your applications to IDEAL in World of Tanks here!
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Commander, Officer

Application

Postby bobozz_ » 26 Dec 2021 00:13

1. Links to your WoT Profile and WoTLabs / WoT-Life
World of Tanks profile: https://worldoftanks.eu/en/community/ac ... n=wot-wgcc
WoT-Life: https://wot-life.com/eu/player/bobozz_-513464496/
Tanks.gg: https://tanks.gg/eu/bobozz_

2. Which tanks have you been enjoying the most lately? Which tank class do you prefer to play?
I like to play tier 8 the most, however I'm trying to get the feel of playing tier 10's and I'm heavily trying to improve with them. I got 6 tier 10's in total and a few of them are for example 277, 140 and EBR. I'm currently trying to mark some tier 8's like Bourrasque and Skoda T56. Later on I will be trying to mark my tier 10's one by one. I usually like to play mediums or heavy tanks. I feel comfortable with them and they allow me to deal loads of damage. I feel like TD's are a little bit weird in my opinion because I'm not used to sit and snipe. My playstyle is a mix of aggressive and passive, depending on the tank I play. When I find the sweet spot for the tank I will be going hammer mode in that game.

3. What are the gamemodes that you are interested the most in and that you would like to participate in with IDEAL?
I like everything. Whatever it is I feel nice playing it. I like standard games but I also like CW, ADV and SH. It's a little refreshing playing other gamemodes so that you don't get mad playing only regular battles. So I will happily join anything that IDEAL has to offer.

3.1 Do you already have competitive game mode experience (SH/Adv/CW) and if so, how much?
Not so much competitive experience but in previous clans we played a bit of everything. The battles themselves didn't go as planned but we learnt quite a lot from them. We won some and lost some. The clans I played in were not so good and there were a lot of older people playing and we just had mostly fun playing together. On the other hand some people didn't take the game as serious as I did and that was frustrating. What I want to feel in IDEAL is that the clan wars, skirmishes and advances are taken seriously and I want to experience and learn competitive gaming.

4. Please list your previous clans and why you left them.
These are listed from the oldest to the newest.

- [KEAG] Kamikaze Eagles -
This was the first clan I ever joined in August 2014. I was really young and eager to show what I was capable of. There were 3 different clans under the same management. This clan was the one in the middle, so not the worst but not the best. The lowest clan was called [DEAG] Drunken Eagles. In this clan played the "not so experienced players".. or in other words.. the shit players. Then we had the best clan of the other 2, [LEAG] which stands for Lucky Eagles. But I played in KEAG, and for 216 days. I was always dreaming of getting a chance in LEAG back then haha. The reason why I left the clan was that I wanted more competition. Yes, we played a lot of clan wars and skirmishes together but we had a hard time winning and staying consistent.

- [FIPZD] Finland Panzer Division -
This was the second clan. (I joined this clan again a few years later, but this was the first time.) Don't really remember anything but basically the same stuff happened as in KEAG. The competition was same as in KEAG back then. I joined this clan in April 2015 and spent quite some time in it. Then I left because I saw more potential and serious gameplay in GD-F which is the next clan.

- [GD-F] Ghost Division Finland -
This was the third clan. I joined it back in January 2016 and I have to say it was a downgrade from FIPZD. It was something that I didn't expect at all. I only spent 74 days in that clan and left in April. The players were not active and we didn't play that much together. The players were decent, if you looked at their stats, but there were barely anyone online. I did have some platoon buddies, but I left the clan due to the players being inactive.

- [PPU] POHJANMAAN PANSSARIUKOT -
This was the fourth clan. I joined it very recently in December 2020 after a huge break from searching clans and having a year break from WoT completely. This clan was basically the same as GD-F, nothing really happened. We did play a few skirmishes and advances but that was really it. That was the reason I left. I only spent 77 days in that clan and left March 2021. Why I joined it was because "Pohjanmaa" is the province I'm from in Finland. Pohjanmaa is Ostrobothnia in English and it's located in the Western Finland. I know a couple of people from from this clan so that's why I joined it. I left it because I was still seeking for a clan that will take me and at the same time play seriously and good. I realized that PPU was just a clan for the memes and chill people.

- [FIPZD] Finland Panzer Division -
This was the second time I joined this clan. Now, why did I go back? I went back to this clan because I saw the potential in this clan. The whole clan had changed and there were a lot of new faces in the clan. The new players were even better than in 2015-16. There were still some players left from the old days, but it didn't matter to me. I joined it and I was warmly welcomed back by the new Officers and the rest of the players. As soon as I joined and booted up TeamSpeak, the hole lobby was full of clanmates. Everyone was talking and sharing stuff and I felt assertive talking with the people. We played the Global Map Season 16 and 17 + a lot of skirmishes and advances too. I didn't really like how we played the game though, but I didn't bother changing clan because the people were so nice and hilarious. Just like with KEAG, DEAG and LEAG, this clan was also under a huge management. Even bigger than the Eagles management. You had to pay for TeamSpeak access because there were a lot of people sharing the same server. The cost was 5€ ($5.66) per year, but since I am under 18 years of age, I didn't have to pay a single cent.

Well.. everything was fine in this clan right?... no. Even though I spent 209 days in this clan I still wanted more. Through out the months in that clan, there was more or less fights and miscommunications with the players and as a result many of them left, came back and left again. The team sprit wasn't always that good and stable. We collapsed and lost almost all important clan battles. The tactics were bad, Officers didn't really care about anything, people were not motivated to play as a team and a result to that the clans performance was really starting to get worse and worse. I felt like I was the only one that took the game seriously. I was usually the one with the top damage and kills. I even had to carry a few CW battles with almost 9k damage and top guns on my belt. The rest of the clanmates didn't do anything or only reached 3k damage with a kill or 2. This made me really sad and angry at the same time. With all the drama that was going on I decided to take a little break from WoT. I told them that and I left the clan October 2021.
--
(The break was short. I came back to WoT even stronger. Highly motivated with better results than ever.)

5. What is your motivation to join IDEAL? What do you expect from joining us?
I expect competition and a friendly vibe in the clan. I expect that I will be guided by the experienced people so that I will get comfortable playing with you guys. With my motivation, I will make sure that I put everything that it takes to perform my absolute best and to play up to your guys standards. That is probably it, but the main thing is that I will be respecting you guys more than you will be respecting me, in any situation.

6. Tell us something about yourself.
Well, Hello! My name is Joakim. I am an active gamer from Finland. I am 17 years old and studying Security and Safety. I live with my dad in Vaasa, Western Finland. I speak 3 languages, Finnish, Swedish and English. I usually go to the gym because it's my passion and keeping my body in a good shape makes me enjoy life more. Besides my real life I play World of Tanks a lot (obviously :D). Even played CS:GO, Rainbow Six Siege and PUBG somewhat competitively. Talking about my school, it isn't something that I do 24/7. My studies are chill and barely get any homework. My schedule is quite trash though. School starts at 8 o' clock in the morning 2-3 days a week and the distance to get to the Campus is about 5 kilometer or about 20 minutes driving. Walking or bicycling it would take 30 up to 45 minutes. This means that I have to wake up at 6:30 in the morning so that I can take a shower, eat and make myself ready for the day. I'm not a morning person so it's quite hard. I like to sleep and other than that I like to eat food as well.

Talking about my World of Tanks career, I started to play the game in 2013. I was really young and the game looked very cool. I told my dad to download the game and I started to play. My first tier 10 tank was the IS-7 which I grinded. To this day I have been learning about the game and that can be seen in my stats. Why don't I have many battles on this account? Because I have not been playing consistently. I have been playing this game with a lot of ups and downs and these downs led me to take long breaks from the game. But in the recent years I have been gaining experience and knowledge. My WN8 has gone up rapidly and so has my other stats. Something that I really want to open up about is my statistics and something that I really want you to think around.

Yes.. overall my stats don't look good. I agree that they look absolute dog poo. My winrate is low, my PR is low, my battles are low and my WN8 is only 1,2k. But something that I really want to say is that these values are lying. They are absolutely lying. I play so much better than what they claim. That's why I really like that there are statistic websites where you can see your recent performance. I would highly appreciate that you guys would take time to think. To think about my potential. I'm young and still learning a lot and I learn very quickly. I could learn so much from you guys and become this good player that I really want to be. There are so many clans that don't really give a crap because they have this tunnel vision where they don't look at my potential. They only look at my poo overall stats and then they think that I'm a trash scum just trying to get into a good clan.

I'm not begging for a spot in IDEAL. What I'm trying to say is that maybe I could have a future when I join this clan. I'm totally fine with it if I don't meet the requirements that you guys want. But if you look at my recent performance, at least I don't think that I'm a bad player myself. Yes I don't have Chieftain.. yes I don't have 279e or 907, but I could potentially reach those if I could get a chance here. It would mean the world to me if I could get a chance and show you guys that I'm more than the stats say and more than a peace of junk. I want to prove that I can play the game competitively, to improve from my mistakes and get feedback on them by really experienced players. Lastly I am super highly motivated to play this game and show you guys what I am capable of. Thank you so much for reading my application and hopefully I'm worthy of a chance in this clan.

Kindest Regards,
Joakim / bobozz_

P.S I would like to apologies for my bad English. If there are any mistakes.. I'm really sorry!

Last edited by bobozz_ on 28 Dec 2021 16:16, edited 4 times in total.
bobozz_

Re: Application

Postby Mettkrieger » 26 Dec 2021 11:48

Apologizes for his bad english but writes a damn big wall of text :)

Mettkrieger

Officer
Officer

Postby bobozz_ » 26 Dec 2021 12:14

Mettkrieger wrote:Apologizes for his bad english but writes a damn big wall of text :)

Hahahaha this made me chuckle. But yea English isn't my mother tongue. I tried my best to answer these questions as thoroughly as possible. I could have written more and still can do that if you want >:D

bobozz_

Postby TheGamingLion » 02 Jan 2022 20:26

Hey Bob,some feedback finally!

We do see your impressive learning curve, indicative of you being a fast learner with a high skill ceiling (looking into the future here). I would also like to thank you for your grand effort in the application on behalf of all of us in the clan, it was a great pleasure to read!

However, while your learning curve is promising, your recents aren't as "up there" as we'd like them to be (yet). For that reason we are declining your app for now, but would love to see a re-application from your side once you honed your tanking skills more and increased those overalls and recents. Until then, we're inviting you to stay close to our community via our Ts3-server (ts.idealclan.eu) and Discord, and join up for some platoons if you'd like.

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020

"Nobody expects the ConTroll, eh, expedition." - Con, 2021
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby bobozz_ » 04 Jan 2022 17:01

TheGamingLion wrote:Hey Bob,some feedback finally!

We do see your impressive learning curve, indicative of you being a fast learner with a high skill ceiling (looking into the future here). I would also like to thank you for your grand effort in the application on behalf of all of us in the clan, it was a great pleasure to read!

However, while your learning curve is promising, your recents aren't as "up there" as we'd like them to be (yet). For that reason we are declining your app for now, but would love to see a re-application from your side once you honed your tanking skills more and increased those overalls and recents. Until then, we're inviting you to stay close to our community via our Ts3-server (ts.idealclan.eu) and Discord, and join up for some platoons if you'd like.

Hey!
Sorry for the late reply. I totally understand and I'm fine with the decline. I found a clan that took me under their wing and I'm happy there, however I would gladly join you guys for some platoons and SH (if possible). Definitely joining the Discord server!

Kind Regards,
bobozz_

bobozz_

Return to WoT Clan Applications