Login or register with Wargaming Account

Corona autism

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: Corona autism

Postby peregrine » 06 Mar 2020 15:16

AngelofAwe wrote:
Dr_Badthur wrote:https://www.euronews.com/2020/03/05/two-more-people-die-from-covid-19-in-france-says-the-country-s-health-ministry

monkaS

Anybody know why the case fatality rate is so high in Italy?
Not enough medical equipment? Shit medical system?

I've never been in Italy so I dunno.

https://www.thelocal.it/20200305/analys ... s-in-italy

tldr old people that actually are in contact with infected younger people, not like you slobs not visiting your grandmas

peregrine

Officer
Officer

Postby AngelofAwe » 06 Mar 2020 15:21

peregrine wrote:
AngelofAwe wrote:
Dr_Badthur wrote:https://www.euronews.com/2020/03/05/two-more-people-die-from-covid-19-in-france-says-the-country-s-health-ministry

monkaS

Anybody know why the case fatality rate is so high in Italy?
Not enough medical equipment? Shit medical system?

I've never been in Italy so I dunno.

https://www.thelocal.it/20200305/analys ... s-in-italy

tldr old people that actually are in contact with infected younger people, not like you slobs not visiting your grandmas

As far as I know there are zero cases of community spread in Finland, I knew avoiding all human contact and interaction would come in handy one day. :popcorn:

AngelofAwe

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby gigeli » 06 Mar 2020 15:48

As far as I know is the overall age demographic in Italy very skewed towards older people. Now just consider a village where a lot of old people live and you've got your Covid-19 outbreak there, you will also see a clustering of fatalities.

gigeli

Postby AngelofAwe » 06 Mar 2020 21:36

On the other side of the spectrum from Italy...

Germans... are these numbers really correct? With over 600 cases there are still ZERO deaths and according to the statistics only 8 serious cases.
Literally the only nation with over 150 reported cases and no deaths. Plus that 1% serious case rate compared to the 20% reported globally.

These numbers seem very odd unless Germany has a virus strain that's much much less deadly.
Or the cases are really new and people haven't developed complications yet.
Any more info on that?

AngelofAwe

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 06 Mar 2020 21:46

china - 3.77%
sk - 0.65%
iran - 2.61%
italy - 4.24%
usa - 5.25%

for those who were also wondering
is sk under-reporting deaths? seems very low compared to the other countries

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

"Bois, you know the feel when a peanut drops from your clothes on the floor and you have another peanut to eat?" -Fart, 2k20

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby AngelofAwe » 06 Mar 2020 21:49

Dr_Badthur wrote:china - 3.77%
sk - 0.65%
iran - 2.61%
italy - 4.24%
usa - 5.25%

for those who were also wondering
is sk under-reporting deaths? seems very low compared to the other countries

South Korea is the nation testing several times more than anybody else, they're likely just finding far more mild cases compared to nations that only test those with clear and serious symptoms.
SK is probably the closest to the real mortality rate, the others just have a whole boatload of undiscovered cases.

Edit: Looked it up, SK has currently tested 164,700 people.

AngelofAwe

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby McMokka » 07 Mar 2020 08:11

South Korea is also pretty gud when it comes to hygiene.
Also for Germany can confirm, no one died afaik. Even though we practically have cases all over the country.
But I could also imagine that a lot of mild cases get caught, since so many people go bonkers here and getting tested with a runny nose. The 8 serious cases are all boomers to my knowledge.
phpBB [video]

Gud video about it, even though it is a week old. Also shows a reason why SK is so gut with mortality rate LUL

Edit nevermind, he is talking about Vietnam not SK

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby AngelofAwe » 08 Mar 2020 19:15

133 deaths in 1 day in Italy along with the closing down of the entire outbreak region.
That's 3-4 times more than reported in earlier days, which was already very high.

If that death rate stays like that for a few days more I'm guessing it's a sign that the healthcare facilities in the affected region are now over maximum capacity and no longer able to sufficiently treat everybody who needs it.

Of course there's also a possibility that there was simply some form of lag in reporting and these cases occurred earlier and just weren't reported as COVID.
Still interesting to keep an eye on.

Still ZERO deaths in Germany with over 1000 confirmed cases.

China appears to have nearly eradicated the virus and stopped the spread within the country. However I doubt any other country on the planet would be able to take such drastic measures and have the people accept it.

AngelofAwe

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 08 Mar 2020 22:03

italian flag is basically the irish flag, is this a sign of things to come monkaS

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

"Bois, you know the feel when a peanut drops from your clothes on the floor and you have another peanut to eat?" -Fart, 2k20

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby AngelofAwe » 08 Mar 2020 22:10

Dr_Badthur wrote:italian flag is basically the irish flag, is this a sign of things to come monkaS

Ireland is fine until the potatoes run out.

AngelofAwe

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby AngelofAwe » 09 Mar 2020 14:00

Woop woop, first confirmed case of COVID in my city.
We should have a gold payout to the first mr sexii (I am actually spelling it out although "fgt" is much shorter and easier) who manages to catch it.

It's Pokemon GO but the plague inc version.

AngelofAwe

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby McMokka » 09 Mar 2020 16:26

AngelofAwe wrote:Woop woop, first confirmed case of COVID in my city.
We should have a gold payout to the first mr sexii (I am actually spelling it out although "fgt" is much shorter and easier) (I am actually spelling it out although mr sexiі is much shorter and easier) who manages to catch it.

It's Pokemon GO but the plague inc version.

Might have had it already LUL
Also I could use gold, I am losing money because clients cancel meetings out of fear from Corona BabyRage

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby McMokka » 10 Mar 2020 07:25

First 2 deaths in Germany with over 1200 confirmed cases. Don't know a lot more, only that they occured in the region that has the most cases.

Also out of roughly 115000 cases more than 61000 are confirmed cured. So that is something at least

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby AngelofAwe » 10 Mar 2020 14:57

McMokka wrote:First 2 deaths in Germany with over 1200 confirmed cases. Don't know a lot more, only that they occured in the region that has the most cases.

Also out of roughly 115000 cases more than 61000 are confirmed cured. So that is something at least

Indeed, the amount of people recovering is good although almost all of those cases are still in China that has more or less stopped the epidemic in their country.
Other Asian countries have also done an amazing job at preventing the spread. Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong for example have all had it under control despite being so close to "ground zero" and having cases early.
South Korea also appears to have managed to halt the exponential growth and reverse the trend.

Unfortunately I don't see anything like that in Europe or the west in general though. Our countries have hardly dealt with any pandemics lately while the former Asian countries built their experience dealing with SARS and other outbreaks in the last 2 decades.

I don't think we (as in Europe) will be able to handle it nearly as well as this is our learning experience.
The one comfort is that the US is likely more fucked than us, because with their healthcare system people with symptoms will still avoid getting tested as the fees they'd have to pay are already enough to kill a healthy person.

I'm still not in worried in the slightest for my own sake, there aren't many cases in Finland currently and even though I see a gradual growth and then explosion Italian style as inevitable not just here but in all of Europe I know that I am safe even if (or rather WHEN) I contract the disease.

I worry because my mother and her fiance of multiple years have been planning to hold their wedding in a little over a month, a time when the virus will be much more widespread in my country but probably not enough for them to ban such events yet.
And I have a LOT of elderly family as I have been lucky enough to get through the first 30 years of my life soon without losing any family members.
I have 4 grandparents all beyond the age of 75 and a great-grandparent at 99 years old. Furthermore my living great-grandparent is one of 5 sisters all still living with an average age over 85.
Add to that multiple older uncles, aunts and relatives of my grandparents and I have at least ~20 relatively close family members that are at EXTREME risk if they get the virus.

But... not much I can do about that. I've tried to tell the rest of the family to be careful around the elder members in the coming months but it's not like any of our precautions can keep them safe indefinitely.

AngelofAwe

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby AngelofAwe » 10 Mar 2020 22:11

Many of you guys like Joe Rogan so here:

phpBB [video]

AngelofAwe

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Paris_Hilton » 11 Mar 2020 12:31

https://www.midttrafik.dk/nyheder/coronavirus-covid-19/
The city bus in Aarhus.. the driver will not stop if there are no empty seats left.. i wonder whose idea it was :thinking:

Paris_Hilton

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby MeisterPiffer » 11 Mar 2020 13:09

MeisterPiffer

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby AngelofAwe » 11 Mar 2020 19:09

MeisterPiffer wrote:edit: also interesting: https://www.flattenthecurve.com/

This contains many of the things I speak about in my first post that I put on social media.

However I don't want to scare the shit out of my family so I keep the actual numbers and predictions to myself.
Them knowing how likely it is for them to die, how the virus affects the body or how widely it's going to spread isn't helpful to them.
I only shared the advice on what they can do to mitigate some of what's coming.

AngelofAwe

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby AngelofAwe » 11 Mar 2020 22:35

5 days later.

AngelofAwe

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Paris_Hilton » 11 Mar 2020 23:43

lockdown in Denmark :D