Login or register with Wargaming Account

mr sexii (I am actually spelling it out although "fgt" is much shorter and easier) needs a new phone

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

mr sexii (I am actually spelling it out although "fgt" is much shorter and easier) needs a new phone

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 20 Jan 2020 19:17

said in mchat two days ago, I stood on my phone when werking and rekt it. went to repair shops and the cheapest said 85euro. so minus labour cost the screen probably costs around 50-60e to buy, I'm guessing. fuck that LUL

so I need a new phone. I'm not really a phone nerd so don't know what to look for. all I really care about is it has more than 2gb available storage space (i.e. what you can use, my broken phone has 4gb but only 2gb usable). gibus suggestions plox :loin:

edit: ofc I forgot the most important part, the max I'm willing to spend is 150e and I won't go above that

Last edited by Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL on 20 Jan 2020 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

"Bois, you know the feel when a peanut drops from your clothes on the floor and you have another peanut to eat?" -Fart, 2k20

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Re: mr sexii (I am actually spelling it out although "fgt" is much shorter and easier) (I am actually spelling it out although mr sexiі is

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 20 Jan 2020 19:35

I have the oneplus 6t atm. I can really recommend it, you get tons of ram, can get 128gb of internal storage and fairly high range specs. Everything you touch opens instantly pretty much. From what I can see you can get a refurbished one for about 350e in good condition which is really worth it. Also it is waterproof and fall proof as well. I shower with it regularly and sometimes a bit of water rips the speakers for a few mins but that's it. And I have let it fall on the ground many times already and I don't have a scratch even though I only got a simple black rubber case. On YouTube there is a guy testing when it breaks when you drop it and he cut potatoes on it to show it doesn't scratch.

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/h9nN9zdizaYPKX6h7
Dr_Slartibartfart

Re: mr sexii (I am actually spelling it out although "fgt" is much shorter and easier) (I am actually spelling it out although mr sexiі is

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 20 Jan 2020 19:49

Dr_Starfart wrote:I have the oneplus 6t atm. I can really recommend it, you get tons of ram, can get 128gb of internal storage and fairly high range specs. Everything you touch opens instantly pretty much. From what I can see you can get a refurbished one for about 350e in good condition which is really worth it. Also it is waterproof and fall proof as well. I shower with it regularly and sometimes a bit of water rips the speakers for a few mins but that's it. And I have let it fall on the ground many times already and I don't have a scratch even though I only got a simple black rubber case. On YouTube there is a guy testing when it breaks when you drop it and he cut potatoes on it to show it doesn't scratch.

far beyond what I'm willing to pay sadly :(

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

"Bois, you know the feel when a peanut drops from your clothes on the floor and you have another peanut to eat?" -Fart, 2k20

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby TheGamingLion » 20 Jan 2020 20:40

Nokia 7.1 / 7.2 / 8.1

Personally, I got the 7.1. Got it for 189€ half a year ago and it really does everything a modern smartphone should do. It's a basic Android phone with neat hardware around it. Also androidone, so OS support/updates for 3 years. Or whatever it meant. LUL

I looked around for a long time half a year ago, and was on this 200€ budget I set myself. This was one of the very best options.

Side note, is there some tech store near you you could go to and look at a wide variety of phones and prices?

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby McMokka » 20 Jan 2020 21:00

Already recommended it to other people:Huawei "starter phones" have amazing bang for the buck.
Atm that would be Huawei P smart 2019 version. Available starting at 140€, it has everything one might need in a phone. 3gb ram, hd+ resolution, octacore 2,2ghz, massive battery, you can use your micro SD card.
Hands down, if I wouldn't have gotten a higher tier phone for free in my data plan, this would be the phone I would have bought.

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby TheGamingLion » 20 Jan 2020 21:21

H u a w e i

Ok Google ain't better.

TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 20 Jan 2020 23:35

TheGamingLion wrote:Side note, is there some tech store near you you could go to and look at a wide variety of phones and prices?

yes, but they are all overpriced, and some of the phones are "locked" to whoever you buy from. so if I wanted to change phone companies in the future (likely) idk if I would be able to, or I would have to pay to get it unlocked or some bs
fenks suggestions. I checked amazon (uk) and all of them would be more than I'm willing to spend. will look elsewhere if I can get it cheaper

McMokka wrote:Already recommended it to other people:Huawei "starter phones" have amazing bang for the buck.
Atm that would be Huawei P smart 2019 version. Available starting at 140€, it has everything one might need in a phone. 3gb ram, hd+ resolution, octacore 2,2ghz, massive battery, you can use your micro SD card.
Hands down, if I wouldn't have gotten a higher tier phone for free in my data plan, this would be the phone I would have bought.

my dad also had to get a new phone recently (his old one died of old age), and he went to tesco (they have the best selection and pricing and everyone in my family uses tesco mobile anyway), they also suggested some huawei phones, though I don't know which models specifically.
any cheaper alternatives, from huawei or otherwise?

fenks bois <3

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby McMokka » 21 Jan 2020 06:44

Dr_Badthur wrote:
any cheaper alternatives, from huawei or otherwise?

fenks bois <3

Huawei y7 2019 also available at around 140 euros is similar to the p smart with slight variation. Bit bigger screen and battery, slightly slower cpu. If that is still a bit too much there is Huawei nova and Huawei p8 lite I recommended loin in the past. They have 5,xx" screens and CPUs of the 2k17 generation, which isn't noticeable on day to day use. They are available at around 120.

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 21 Jan 2020 08:05

I think I got my Huawei p8 lite still somewhere. Was indeed nice phone

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

Dr_Slartibartfart

Postby TheDrownedApe » 21 Jan 2020 16:19

I'm assuming you don't mind used?

150e? get an Xiami/Huwaei thingy of fleebay used. Avoid the early google phones as they were poor quality (had 2 Pixel XLs and screen went on both). Just given my wifes old S8 to mother but you could have had that if you had been 2 weeks earlier (just added this to annoy really).

for longevity you want 3gb of ram if possible. hang on moving to other PC.....

OK looking around you can get a one plus 5T easily or Galaxy S8 at a push.

This xiaomi isn't bad. https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/25030749393?ii ... 6988&rt=nc

TheDrownedApe

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 21 Jan 2020 17:27

McMokka wrote:Huawei y7 2019 also available at around 140 euros is similar to the p smart with slight variation. Bit bigger screen and battery, slightly slower cpu. If that is still a bit too much there is Huawei nova and Huawei p8 lite I recommended loin in the past. They have 5,xx" screens and CPUs of the 2k17 generation, which isn't noticeable on day to day use. They are available at around 120.

can't seem to find the nova anywhere, but I can find the p8 lite. can also get it from amazon warehouse as "used - like new" (just the packaging is damaged), so I think I'll go with this, unless someone else has other suggestions I might consider. will likely end up buying tonight if not
it's closer to what I wanted to pay for a phone which is around 100e, so I'm happy with that too.

also how can I tell which sim card sizes it can hold? just need to know if it will accept the sim card I have or not

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Huawei-Lite-20 ... ics&sr=1-2

this is the one I'm looking at btw. is that the right one?

TheDrownedApe wrote:I'm assuming you don't mind used?

not really, bad history with buying used and when buying from overseas I take the more safe options now

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby McMokka » 21 Jan 2020 20:55

Dr_Badthur wrote:
McMokka wrote:Huawei y7 2019 also available at around 140 euros is similar to the p smart with slight variation. Bit bigger screen and battery, slightly slower cpu. If that is still a bit too much there is Huawei nova and Huawei p8 lite I recommended loin in the past. They have 5,xx" screens and CPUs of the 2k17 generation, which isn't noticeable on day to day use. They are available at around 120.

can't seem to find the nova anywhere, but I can find the p8 lite. can also get it from amazon warehouse as "used - like new" (just the packaging is damaged), so I think I'll go with this, unless someone else has other suggestions I might consider. will likely end up buying tonight if not
it's closer to what I wanted to pay for a phone which is around 100e, so I'm happy with that too.

also how can I tell which sim card sizes it can hold? just need to know if it will accept the sim card I have or not

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Huawei-Lite-20 ... ics&sr=1-2

this is the one I'm looking at btw. is that the right one?

TheDrownedApe wrote:I'm assuming you don't mind used?

not really, bad history with buying used and when buying from overseas I take the more safe options now

Boi, uk is expensive LUL brexit is strong.
If you find a good option for shipping I can order the thing for you and send it. P8 is at 120 euros here, that might be cheaper even with shipping

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 21 Jan 2020 23:09

If I find my huawei p8 lite I got somewhere laying around here, I could send it to you too. And i can get a discount on sending it too probably since I got a code for cheaper DHL sending :dwi:

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

Dr_Slartibartfart

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 21 Jan 2020 23:24

Dr_Starfart wrote:If I find my huawei p8 lite I got somewhere laying around here, I could send it to you too. And i can get a discount on sending it too probably since I got a code for cheaper DHL sending :dwi:

:krygrthinking:

you sure? that'd be dope Kreygasm
how much would you want for it? I would also need to use my mom's paypal. I can't use mine at ze moment

Last edited by Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL on 21 Jan 2020 23:28, edited 2 times in total.

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 21 Jan 2020 23:28

If you just pay shipping costs I'm good with it. Don't do anything with the phone ATM anyway. Will say tomorrow if I can find it and will see what the shipping costs are

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

Dr_Slartibartfart

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 21 Jan 2020 23:29

forgot to ask, what is the condition like? and I assume it's not locked to any networks?

Dr_Starfart wrote:If you just pay shipping costs I'm good with it. Don't do anything with the phone ATM anyway. Will say tomorrow if I can find it and will see what the shipping costs are

won't say no to that :D

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 22 Jan 2020 08:18

Well I found the phone, so that part is solved. And I checked my sending options and I got two options for you. One is standard deliver for 12e and it says it will 6 days. The other option is fast delivery for 37,50e (O.o) and that is one day. So if you PM me what you want and your adres I'll put it on the post today :)

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

Dr_Slartibartfart

Postby TheGamingLion » 22 Jan 2020 08:41

Slart is the MVP of this clan tbh.

TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby McMokka » 22 Jan 2020 09:11

Samturds knight in shining armor, saving him in dire need Kreygasm

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Next

Return to Public Friends' Section