Login or register with Wargaming Account

Gwent!

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Commander, Officer

Gwent!

Postby Malgorn » 26 May 2019 02:00

Greetings Gentlemen, :likeasear:

Missed me? Let's face it, probably not. WoT isn't much fun for me lately so I haven't really been around. If you did miss me however then maybe you'll want to try something with me.

I like card games (playing HS for almost 5 years now) so I've figured giving Gwent another go can't hurt. I played it before the remake so I didn't really know what I was getting myself into, but I must say, it's quite fun.
For those willing to learn the game together and play a few rounds against each other, use the link below. It will make the start easier since we get some free shit for it. Can't hurt right?

https://www.playgwent.com/en/invite-a-friend/SYM33Q8F2P

Image

Try it out! ^^
  • 0

Last edited by Malgorn on 26 May 2019 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Malgorn

Member
Member
 
Posts: 118
Location: That Country Between Germany and Russia
Reputation: 228

Re: Gwent!

Postby Dr_Badthur » 26 May 2019 02:16

keylogger, don't click it, just lost all my passwords :(
  • 0

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Image
Forum memes
Spoiler:
Image

mr sexiіs I've killed
Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
Dr_Badthur

Officer
Officer
 
Posts: 4122
Location: troggeltland
Reputation: 926

Re: Gwent!

Postby Aubury » 26 May 2019 08:19

Ew, the link is in polish

Use this link if you actually want to be able to read what you're supposed to do to get the rewards ;)
https://www.playgwent.com/en/invite-a-friend/SYM33Q8F2P
  • 0

I don't stat pad in tier 9 tanks. I just happen to play an equal amount of tier 8 and 10 tanks!
Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
Aubury

 
Posts: 592
Location: Lumbridge
Reputation: 91

Re: Gwent!

Postby Kriegerseele » 26 May 2019 15:08

i love gwent. but only with my deck in witcher 3
  • 0

With great power comes great responsibility
User avatar
Kriegerseele

Member
Member
 
Posts: 1683
Location: Plebavarian
Reputation: 692

Re: Gwent!

Postby Malgorn » 26 May 2019 15:28

Aubury wrote:Ew, the link is in polish

Use this link if you actually want to be able to read what you're supposed to do to get the rewards ;)
https://www.playgwent.com/en/invite-a-friend/SYM33Q8F2P


For some reason the website won't let me give you the English version of the link. I look it up, find it and then it automatically changes as soon as I request the link. Still, I don't think it should be too hard to navigate.

Kriegerseele wrote:i love gwent. but only with my deck in witcher 3


The in-game version of Gwent is fun, but very, very simple. There is some seriously cool combos you can pull of in the main game + the artworks are amazing.
  • 0

User avatar
Malgorn

Member
Member
 
Posts: 118
Location: That Country Between Germany and Russia
Reputation: 228

Re: Gwent!

Postby Xen » 26 May 2019 15:45

i dont think i ever won a single gwent match in witcher 3, i only played a few tho lol
  • 0

User avatar
Xen

Commander
Commander
 
Posts: 6484
Reputation: 3329

Re: Gwent!

Postby Aubury » 26 May 2019 21:03

Malgorn wrote:
Aubury wrote:Ew, the link is in polish

Use this link if you actually want to be able to read what you're supposed to do to get the rewards ;)
https://www.playgwent.com/en/invite-a-friend/SYM33Q8F2P


For some reason the website won't let me give you the English version of the link. I look it up, find it and then it automatically changes as soon as I request the link. Still, I don't think it should be too hard to navigate.

Kriegerseele wrote:i love gwent. but only with my deck in witcher 3


The in-game version of Gwent is fun, but very, very simple. There is some seriously cool combos you can pull of in the main game + the artworks are amazing.


Just change the /pl/ part to /en/
  • 0

I don't stat pad in tier 9 tanks. I just happen to play an equal amount of tier 8 and 10 tanks!
Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
Aubury

 
Posts: 592
Location: Lumbridge
Reputation: 91

Re: Gwent!

Postby Malgorn » 26 May 2019 21:35

Aubury wrote:
Malgorn wrote:
Aubury wrote:Ew, the link is in polish

Use this link if you actually want to be able to read what you're supposed to do to get the rewards ;)
https://www.playgwent.com/en/invite-a-friend/SYM33Q8F2P


For some reason the website won't let me give you the English version of the link. I look it up, find it and then it automatically changes as soon as I request the link. Still, I don't think it should be too hard to navigate.

Kriegerseele wrote:i love gwent. but only with my deck in witcher 3


The in-game version of Gwent is fun, but very, very simple. There is some seriously cool combos you can pull of in the main game + the artworks are amazing.


Just change the /pl/ part to /en/


Hurrrr Durrr... Fixed.
  • 0

User avatar
Malgorn

Member
Member
 
Posts: 118
Location: That Country Between Germany and Russia
Reputation: 228

Re: Gwent!

Postby Dr_Badthur » 26 May 2019 21:42

how does the game compare to hearthstone? never played it, but a lot of my friends were pretty addicted to it for some time. watched them play it a few times and it looked cool.
  • 0

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Image
Forum memes
Spoiler:
Image

mr sexiіs I've killed
Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
Dr_Badthur

Officer
Officer
 
Posts: 4122
Location: troggeltland
Reputation: 926

Re: Gwent!

Postby Malgorn » 27 May 2019 09:35

Dr_Badthur wrote:how does the game compare to hearthstone? never played it, but a lot of my friends were pretty addicted to it for some time. watched them play it a few times and it looked cool.


From what I've gathered so far Gwent feels like it gives you more ways to control your game plan. There are two things I mean by that, mulligan and deck building itself. When you make a deck you get to chose how much "thinning" you run in order to gain consistancy. It is expecially important in decks with a big combo finisher. Both games have tech cards that counter certain archetyoes, I supose it's the case with most card games of this sort. In Gwent however it, and I really don't know if it's because I'm quite new to the game, the tech cards either seem insanely good, or terrible, which to me feels like it should be the case. If you want to fuck certain strategies up, there should be some kind of a price for that, shouldn't there be? In Hearthstone that price is usually reassembled by slightly weaker stats of a minion, here the card could be literally unplayable.

Now, why is that not the end of the world for players? Why do they still use it? Easy, as I already said, the mulligan stage of the game, or rather... 3 of them. On every turn start (in a game you may have up to 3, if you don't rush or get rushed in the 2nd round) you get to mulligan cards. After every round you draw 3 and if your hand had more than 7 cards, you get an additional mulligan. If you have a dead card in hand, you can always throw it away and look for a combo pice/something with actual value. The game simply feels more competitive.

I love Hearthstone, I still think that in general it is the better game BUT the RNG levels in HS are off the chart, especially on draw and while generating cards from cards. There is nothing more frustrating than the feeling of having lost from the start, which I get in HS a lot more than in Gwent.

Hopefully all of this makes sense to you. :P
  • 0

User avatar
Malgorn

Member
Member
 
Posts: 118
Location: That Country Between Germany and Russia
Reputation: 228

Re: Gwent!

Postby Malgorn » 16 Feb 2020 23:42

Since I'm back and I see many new faces in the clan I thought I would make an update for this.

I'm still looking for people willing to give Gwent a shot. In march we're getting a version for Android so there's that to look forward to.

#NeverGiveUp ;(
  • 0

User avatar
Malgorn

Member
Member
 
Posts: 118
Location: That Country Between Germany and Russia
Reputation: 228

Re: Gwent!

Postby Mettkrieger » 16 Feb 2020 23:44

I just fail to understand the game. It's somehow different to hearthstone
  • 0

User avatar
Mettkrieger

Officer
Officer
 
Posts: 1000
Location: Koblenz, Germany
Reputation: 692

Re: Gwent!

Postby Malgorn » 17 Feb 2020 00:33

Mettkrieger wrote:I just fail to understand the game. It's somehow different to hearthstone


Players start with 10 cards each. There are max. 3 rounds and in order to win the whole game you must score more points than your opponent in 2 our of 3. After each turn you each player draws 3 additional cards from their deck.

Now for the deckbuilding part. There are 3 types of cards (units, specials and artifacts). In order to make a valid deck is must consist of at least 25 cards (out of which 13 must be units). Their power level is balanced out by "provisions" which is the cost of putting them into your deck. You start with 150 and get some extra provision points to spend from the leader you choose. Leaders come with abilities which you can utilize to gain an advantage. Most of them are something you can use only once per game, for a big tempo swing, but there are also ones with a turn cooldown and limited ammout of uses. There are 6 factions each with their own playstyle and weaknesses. CDPR does a really good job of making sure nothing stays on top for too long so in order to be a good player you must keep an open mind.

The main difference from HS is that players don't have HP I supose. What more, I truely belive that the skill cap is set higher, so if you enjoy brainy activities, this could be something for you.
  • 0

User avatar
Malgorn

Member
Member
 
Posts: 118
Location: That Country Between Germany and Russia
Reputation: 228

Re: Gwent!

Postby Brati007 » 18 Feb 2020 21:54

lacks rng, too foreseeable, nice setup tho. i would add that you can pass on rounds so thats one big strategical point
  • 1

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
User avatar
Brati007

Member
Member
 
Posts: 2947
Location: GEMS Masterraceland
Reputation: 1108

Re: Gwent!

Postby Dr_StarStart » 20 Feb 2020 12:13

Downloaded it to see how it is, is indeed quite fun. We can do some plays together later malgorn if I got da time. I have to say it is actually quite different from the gwent in witcher itself. In a kind of good way I think. Also noticed that having some strategy against other new players is already a huge advantage, have won my 3 games I played ez pz :D
  • 0

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

Image
User avatar
Dr_StarStart

Member
Member
 
Posts: 2287
Location: Yes
Reputation: 984

Re: Gwent!

Postby Malgorn » 03 Mar 2020 19:57

Dr_StarStart wrote:Downloaded it to see how it is, is indeed quite fun. We can do some plays together later malgorn if I got da time. I have to say it is actually quite different from the gwent in witcher itself. In a kind of good way I think. Also noticed that having some strategy against other new players is already a huge advantage, have won my 3 games I played ez pz :D


Sure we can! Now that I have my PC back and the marathon is over, I'm down to play some Gwenty cards.
  • 0

User avatar
Malgorn

Member
Member
 
Posts: 118
Location: That Country Between Germany and Russia
Reputation: 228


Return to Public Friends' Section

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


Reputation System ©'