Login or register with Wargaming Account

Gwent!

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Gwent!

Postby Malgorn » 26 May 2019 02:00

Greetings Gentlemen, :likeasear:

Missed me? Let's face it, probably not. WoT isn't much fun for me lately so I haven't really been around. If you did miss me however then maybe you'll want to try something with me.

I like card games (playing HS for almost 5 years now) so I've figured giving Gwent another go can't hurt. I played it before the remake so I didn't really know what I was getting myself into, but I must say, it's quite fun.
For those willing to learn the game together and play a few rounds against each other, use the link below. It will make the start easier since we get some free shit for it. Can't hurt right?

https://www.playgwent.com/en/invite-a-friend/SYM33Q8F2P

Image

Try it out! ^^
  • 0

Last edited by Malgorn on 26 May 2019 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Malgorn

 
Posts: 97
Location: That Country Between Germany and Russia
Reputation: 199

Re: Gwent!

Postby Dr_Badthur » 26 May 2019 02:16

keylogger, don't click it, just lost all my passwords :(
  • 0

This post was automatically generated by our experimental forum bot. Please ignore it.

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Image
mr sexiіs I've killed:
Image
Forum memes
Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
Dr_Badthur

Member
Member
 
Posts: 3477
Location: troggeltland
Reputation: 600

Re: Gwent!

Postby Aubury » 26 May 2019 08:19

Ew, the link is in polish

Use this link if you actually want to be able to read what you're supposed to do to get the rewards ;)
https://www.playgwent.com/en/invite-a-friend/SYM33Q8F2P
  • 0

I don't stat pad in tier 9 tanks. I just happen to play an equal amount of tier 8 and 10 tanks!
Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
Aubury

Member
Member
 
Posts: 392
Location: Lumbridge
Reputation: 75

Re: Gwent!

Postby Kriegerseele » 26 May 2019 15:08

i love gwent. but only with my deck in witcher 3
  • 0

With great power comes great responsibility
User avatar
Kriegerseele

Member
Member
 
Posts: 1666
Location: Plebavarian
Reputation: 675

Re: Gwent!

Postby Malgorn » 26 May 2019 15:28

Aubury wrote:Ew, the link is in polish

Use this link if you actually want to be able to read what you're supposed to do to get the rewards ;)
https://www.playgwent.com/en/invite-a-friend/SYM33Q8F2P


For some reason the website won't let me give you the English version of the link. I look it up, find it and then it automatically changes as soon as I request the link. Still, I don't think it should be too hard to navigate.

Kriegerseele wrote:i love gwent. but only with my deck in witcher 3


The in-game version of Gwent is fun, but very, very simple. There is some seriously cool combos you can pull of in the main game + the artworks are amazing.
  • 0

User avatar
Malgorn

 
Posts: 97
Location: That Country Between Germany and Russia
Reputation: 199

Re: Gwent!

Postby Xen » 26 May 2019 15:45

i dont think i ever won a single gwent match in witcher 3, i only played a few tho lol
  • 0

User avatar
Xen

Commander
Commander
 
Posts: 6444
Reputation: 3305

Re: Gwent!

Postby Aubury » 26 May 2019 21:03

Malgorn wrote:
Aubury wrote:Ew, the link is in polish

Use this link if you actually want to be able to read what you're supposed to do to get the rewards ;)
https://www.playgwent.com/en/invite-a-friend/SYM33Q8F2P


For some reason the website won't let me give you the English version of the link. I look it up, find it and then it automatically changes as soon as I request the link. Still, I don't think it should be too hard to navigate.

Kriegerseele wrote:i love gwent. but only with my deck in witcher 3


The in-game version of Gwent is fun, but very, very simple. There is some seriously cool combos you can pull of in the main game + the artworks are amazing.


Just change the /pl/ part to /en/
  • 0

I don't stat pad in tier 9 tanks. I just happen to play an equal amount of tier 8 and 10 tanks!
Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
Aubury

Member
Member
 
Posts: 392
Location: Lumbridge
Reputation: 75

Re: Gwent!

Postby Malgorn » 26 May 2019 21:35

Aubury wrote:
Malgorn wrote:
Aubury wrote:Ew, the link is in polish

Use this link if you actually want to be able to read what you're supposed to do to get the rewards ;)
https://www.playgwent.com/en/invite-a-friend/SYM33Q8F2P


For some reason the website won't let me give you the English version of the link. I look it up, find it and then it automatically changes as soon as I request the link. Still, I don't think it should be too hard to navigate.

Kriegerseele wrote:i love gwent. but only with my deck in witcher 3


The in-game version of Gwent is fun, but very, very simple. There is some seriously cool combos you can pull of in the main game + the artworks are amazing.


Just change the /pl/ part to /en/


Hurrrr Durrr... Fixed.
  • 0

User avatar
Malgorn

 
Posts: 97
Location: That Country Between Germany and Russia
Reputation: 199

Re: Gwent!

Postby Dr_Badthur » 26 May 2019 21:42

how does the game compare to hearthstone? never played it, but a lot of my friends were pretty addicted to it for some time. watched them play it a few times and it looked cool.
  • 0

This post was automatically generated by our experimental forum bot. Please ignore it.

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Image
mr sexiіs I've killed:
Image
Forum memes
Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
Dr_Badthur

Member
Member
 
Posts: 3477
Location: troggeltland
Reputation: 600

Re: Gwent!

Postby Malgorn » 27 May 2019 09:35

Dr_Badthur wrote:how does the game compare to hearthstone? never played it, but a lot of my friends were pretty addicted to it for some time. watched them play it a few times and it looked cool.


From what I've gathered so far Gwent feels like it gives you more ways to control your game plan. There are two things I mean by that, mulligan and deck building itself. When you make a deck you get to chose how much "thinning" you run in order to gain consistancy. It is expecially important in decks with a big combo finisher. Both games have tech cards that counter certain archetyoes, I supose it's the case with most card games of this sort. In Gwent however it, and I really don't know if it's because I'm quite new to the game, the tech cards either seem insanely good, or terrible, which to me feels like it should be the case. If you want to fuck certain strategies up, there should be some kind of a price for that, shouldn't there be? In Hearthstone that price is usually reassembled by slightly weaker stats of a minion, here the card could be literally unplayable.

Now, why is that not the end of the world for players? Why do they still use it? Easy, as I already said, the mulligan stage of the game, or rather... 3 of them. On every turn start (in a game you may have up to 3, if you don't rush or get rushed in the 2nd round) you get to mulligan cards. After every round you draw 3 and if your hand had more than 7 cards, you get an additional mulligan. If you have a dead card in hand, you can always throw it away and look for a combo pice/something with actual value. The game simply feels more competitive.

I love Hearthstone, I still think that in general it is the better game BUT the RNG levels in HS are off the chart, especially on draw and while generating cards from cards. There is nothing more frustrating than the feeling of having lost from the start, which I get in HS a lot more than in Gwent.

Hopefully all of this makes sense to you. :P
  • 0

User avatar
Malgorn

 
Posts: 97
Location: That Country Between Germany and Russia
Reputation: 199


Return to Public Friends' Section

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


Reputation System ©'