Login or register with Wargaming Account

stronk movies and series

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: stronk movies and series

Postby H311fi5h » 16 Jan 2015 17:04

Wait, are you trying to tell me Keanu Reeves can actually act?

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby wetlioN » 29 Jan 2015 18:42

phpBB [video]

Kreygasm

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Marliini » 01 Feb 2015 22:07

Just finished watching the Vikings. God it was good Kreygasm.

'Flanking with the JP E-100 is easier and faster' Lion, beach of Overlord, 27/06/2021
Marliini

Postby Tjappi0 » 02 Feb 2015 14:22

Marliini wrote:Just finished watching the Vikings. God it was good Kreygasm.

Just started season 2. You know when 3 comes?

AP is love, AP is life!
Tjappi0

Postby Marliini » 02 Feb 2015 15:52

Tjappi0 wrote:
Marliini wrote:Just finished watching the Vikings. God it was good Kreygasm.

Just started season 2. You know when 3 comes?

February 19. Too far away unfortunately. I guess I have to watch couple of other series while waiting

'Flanking with the JP E-100 is easier and faster' Lion, beach of Overlord, 27/06/2021
Marliini

Postby burnzilla » 04 Feb 2015 16:51

http://de.ign.com/daredevil-1/103707/news/der-erste-trailer-zu-marvels-daredevil

whoop whoop daredevil series on netflix incoming. i love all those super hero series so far <3
arrow and flash are also good if you consider that they are only series :>

btw anyone looking forward to this ?

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby wetlioN » 04 Feb 2015 17:11

burnzilla wrote:http://de.ign.com/daredevil-1/103707/news/der-erste-trailer-zu-marvels-daredevil

whoop whoop daredevil series on netflix incoming. i love all those super hero series so far <3
arrow and flash are also good if you consider that they are only series :>

dont drink and drive! if you do, call me! >:D

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby AngryBanana » 05 Feb 2015 15:48

burnzilla wrote:

hell yeah!

also new episodes of the americans are here, House of cards S03 also coming soon, I'm gonna be short on time :P

While waiting for the three mentioned above I started watching person of interest, which is pretty damn awesome too :SOA:

AngryBanana

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Brati007 » 05 Feb 2015 15:57

AngryBanana wrote:
burnzilla wrote:

hell yeah!

also new episodes of the americans are here, House of cards S03 also coming soon, I'm gonna be short on time :P

While waiting for the three mentioned above I started watching person of interest, which is pretty damn awesome too :SOA:

person of interest is kinda interesting for 5-8 episodes to then drop with huge gapes quality wise, if you havent watched "the wire" yet, do it noah! ... found this gem thx to this thread.

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby RedlineRailgunningRemmel » 05 Feb 2015 20:49

Blast from the insane past, last night i watched "In the mouth of madness" and "From Beyond", my kind of horror movies.. really weird at times yet so funny to thanks to the use of props.

RedlineRailgunningRemmel

Postby wetlioN » 22 Feb 2015 01:50

just watched john wick, was pretty badass :dealwithit:

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby H311fi5h » 22 Feb 2015 02:15

veitileiN wrote:just watched john wick, was pretty badass :dealwithit:

I was bored to death. Keanu Reeves just can't act.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby TheGamingLion » 22 Feb 2015 02:23

H311fi5h wrote:
veitileiN wrote:just watched john wick, was pretty badass :dealwithit:

I was bored to death. Keanu Reeves just can't act.

Butbutbut... Explosions? Guns? Blood? ;(

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby H311fi5h » 22 Feb 2015 02:50

...with zero tension, absolutely nothing on the line, nothing to fight for. No plot, no characters, no point, no reason.
If you want good one man action watch The Equalizer with Denzel Washington. Cheesy as hell but still ten times better.

If you want to make a pointless braindead action movie, make it a fun movie. If you want a dark and serious movie, it needs a proper story. You can't just make a movie about killing people and nothing else.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby wetlioN » 22 Feb 2015 10:25

H311fi5h wrote:...with zero tension, absolutely nothing on the line, nothing to fight for. No plot, no characters, no point, no reason.
If you want good one man action watch The Equalizer with Denzel Washington. Cheesy as hell but still ten times better.

If you want to make a pointless braindead action movie, make it a fun movie. If you want a dark and serious movie, it needs a proper story. You can't just make a movie about killing people and nothing else.

well, i agree but i didnt care while watching. equalizer was better.

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Thoryk » 22 Feb 2015 10:51

H311fi5h wrote:...with zero tension, absolutely nothing on the line, nothing to fight for. No plot, no characters, no point, no reason.

Get a dog and you will change your mind. :dealwithit:

Thoryk
IDEAL Propaganda Minister
Thoryk

Officer
Officer

Postby Ephemerich » 22 Feb 2015 11:15

John Wick is a fun movie, you can have good time watching it. It claims to be an action movie, and it gives you that. Nothing more, nothing less. But if you want something for your brain, go watch The Man From Earth (:

Ephemerich

Postby H311fi5h » 22 Feb 2015 14:05

Thoryk wrote:Get a dog and you will change your mind. :dealwithit:

It would be the perfect premise for a "fun" action movie, something like Crank. But not for a movie with a dark and serious tone.
There is no denial John Wick does a lot of things very well. It creates atmosphere, the action scenes are very well choreographed, it looks amazing in terms of aesthetics. But a movie is more than just parts. It is about how well its parts fit together. The good parts in John Wick are completely irrelevant, because the way the movie is build it needs a good plot, a main protagonist you can identify with (including non dog owners), and that requires a certain amount of acting skill and dialog. Those parts are just missing, and that kills the huge potential, the movie might have had.

Ephemerich wrote:John Wick is a fun movie, you can have good time watching it. It claims to be an action movie, and it gives you that. Nothing more, nothing less.

That's just not true. The movie creates a paralell world, a secret universe it wants you to enter. And it does that very well. But it just throws it away. If you want straight forward action, look at 80's one man army action movies. They do it right. Why would the movie even bother to set up this world, if it was just about action, nothing more? It wants to be so much more, and it fails on so many level.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby Ephemerich » 22 Feb 2015 14:46

H311fi5h wrote:That's just not true. The movie creates a paralell world, a secret universe it wants you to enter. And it does that very well. But it just throws it away. If you want straight forward action, look at 80's one man army action movies. They do it right. Why would the movie even bother to set up this world, if it was just about action, nothing more? It wants to be so much more, and it fails on so many level.

Being an action movie doesn't mean It''ll be all about guns and explosions and kicking asses. Matrix was an action movie...
On the other hand I can't argue with you. If you didn't like John Wick, then simply you didn't like John Wick. It's a matter of taste, and shouldn't be judged. It still means you have a bad taste though (: But, the problem is you sound like this movie was a big let down for you. I don't know what did you expect. Or, you really don't like some actors in this movie, or the director, maybe the sound editor? All I'm trying to say its just an action movie. You watch it, you forget it, you move along.
Let's talk about The Man From Earth (: Have you watched it yet?

Ephemerich

Postby H311fi5h » 22 Feb 2015 15:59

Ephemerich wrote:
H311fi5h wrote:That's just not true. The movie creates a paralell world, a secret universe it wants you to enter. And it does that very well. But it just throws it away. If you want straight forward action, look at 80's one man army action movies. They do it right. Why would the movie even bother to set up this world, if it was just about action, nothing more? It wants to be so much more, and it fails on so many level.

Being an action movie doesn't mean It''ll be all about guns and explosions and kicking asses. Matrix was an action movie...
On the other hand I can't argue with you. If you didn't like John Wick, then simply you didn't like John Wick. It's a matter of taste, and shouldn't be judged. It still means you have a bad taste though (: But, the problem is you sound like this movie was a big let down for you. I don't know what did you expect. Or, you really don't like some actors in this movie, or the director, maybe the sound editor? All I'm trying to say its just an action movie. You watch it, you forget it, you move along.

I didn't say that, you did.
Ephemerich wrote:Nothing more, nothing less.

Matrix is an action movie, of course, but it is so much more. It is a dystopian vision, a philosophical argument and an action movie.
Let's compare two other movies of the same genre: Transformers (pick any) and Pacific Rim. Both movies are essentially about giant robots kicking ass (in one case other robots, in the other alien monsters, but who cares, really). But Pacific Rim is the much better movie, despite Transformers throwing more action, more explosions and (slightly) more money at the screen. Why is that? It's exactly what you said. Pacific Rim is a movie about giant robots fighting giant monsters, nothing more, nothing less. And what you get is exactly that. It builds the minimum amount of story and plot, just what is needed to set the scene. Then it goes on to what the movie is all about. Sure, you can argue that could have been done in 20 minutes less, but that's still much better than being bored to death by almost 3 hours of Transformers blowing up random shit you don't care about (let's move the last third of the movie to China for no apparent reason...)
Still Transformers was the much bigger success (in terms of money) which leads us to the next point. Liking a movie and the (objective) quality of a movie is not the same thing. Twilight was a great success, many people like it, but you wouldn't seriously try to argue those movies are good. I know many people who don't like Apocalypse Now, but that movie is a fucking piece of art. I watched Red Dawn like three times and I was mildly entertained, but I know it's utter shit. No one re-watches Schindler's List (probably), but there is no doubt it's one of the greatest movies ever created. See where I'm going? There are objective reasons for the quality of a movie. All critics and awards (Oscars anyone?) would be pointless if there wasn't. You can and you should debate movies. I think The Imitation Game is good, but nowhere near the amazing Nightcrawler. Still they nominated The Imitation Game for 8 Oscars, Nightcrawler for none. That's something that should be discussed, you don't just say the judges just like one more than the other, move along.

Which leads us back to John Wick. I'm not just saying I didn't enjoy the movie, I am saying it's a bad movie. I didn't have have high expectations at all. As you may have noticed, I can't stand Keanu Reeves, he's just a terrible actor. The movie actually managed to surprise me in some aspects - but disappointed my already non existent expectations at the same time. The parts don't fit. It feels like different people aiming for different things were working on that movie. It looks good, but it doesn't feel right. It is throwing away what it could have been, just to become nothing.

Let's talk about The Man From Earth (: Have you watched it yet?

No I haven't, but I guess I have to now.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section