Login or register with Wargaming Account

stronk movies and series

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: stronk movies and series

Postby TheGamingLion » 28 Mar 2020 13:34

McMokka wrote:We started the crown on Netflix. It is pretty good with an amazing cast and high production value. Also pretty interesting.

Did someone get disney+ as well and can suggest some movies/shows apart from mainstream?

We're also watching The Crown, bery gud.
Can recommend Coco Disney-wise if you haven't watched it, but probably qualifies as mainstream. It's hella cute tho

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby Marliini » 28 Mar 2020 14:14

I liked the first two seasons with Claire Foy and Dr Who. With the change to Colman I lost interest

'Flanking with the JP E-100 is easier and faster' Lion, beach of Overlord, 27/06/2021
Marliini

Postby TheDrownedApe » 29 Mar 2020 16:34

OK so i watched it again last night whilst sober (ish). TBH i remembered nothing from the first time i watched it, therefore i suspect i was doing it a dis-service.

It was OK but the need of Disney to ram new potential kids toys down our throat triggers me and there is no need.

AFTER this me and the OH watched Bad Boys forever and we both agreed to turn it off mid-way through.

TheDrownedApe

Postby Brati007 » 31 Mar 2020 15:09

TheDrownedApe wrote:Image

OK so i watched it again last night whilst sober (ish). TBH i remembered nothing from the first time i watched it, therefore i suspect i was doing it a dis-service.

It was OK but the need of Disney to ram new potential kids toys down our throat triggers me and there is no need.

AFTER this me and the OH watched Bad Boys forever and we both agreed to turn it off mid-way through.

the old bad boys in bad boys for life are actually not funny at all but i am looking forward to the new bad boys team that got introduced, obviously multi cultural focused but still a nice setup.

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 02 Apr 2020 21:22

watched enemy (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2316411/), was decent. could have been a lot better. I didn't think there was any real need to make it feel supernatural, but then it wouldn't have been very "interesting" if it wasn't... meh
also the ending, what the fuck. just dumb

6/10

the way back: pretty gut, nothing spectacular though. 6/10 as well

knives out: actually really bloody good, solid 8/10 from me. main complaint is I didn't like daniel craig's accent LUL

troy: probably the 2nd or 3rd time I've watched it? still quite good, but 3hrs just felt drawn out. very stronk cast, very sexii prad bitt, 7/10

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

"Bois, you know the feel when a peanut drops from your clothes on the floor and you have another peanut to eat?" -Fart, 2k20

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Brati007 » 13 Apr 2020 08:50

watched "the gentlemen" - solid 9/10 - best movie for me in the last four years.

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 13 Apr 2020 20:58

tiger king: well that was weird. interesting though. pretty good overall, 8/10

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

"Bois, you know the feel when a peanut drops from your clothes on the floor and you have another peanut to eat?" -Fart, 2k20

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Marliini » 19 Apr 2020 17:26

I had recorded this BBC drama called the Informer long while ago but hadn't had the time to start watching. Finally did and I have been enjoying it. My kind of humour around but it's no comedy

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7161312/

'Flanking with the JP E-100 is easier and faster' Lion, beach of Overlord, 27/06/2021
Marliini

Postby Anizix » 20 Apr 2020 21:42

One of my favorite series that I would recommend is The Shooter on Netflix. It's based on the movie with the same name, The Shooter. If you like action movies/series, I think it's worth give it a try :D

Anizix

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 21 Apr 2020 16:33

I have been watching The Vietnam War on Netflix. It's a docu series about the Vietnam War (who could've guessed that) it is 10 episodes of each like 2 hours and it's really well made. Nice stories, very well told and a lot of information. If you are into war stuff, you will probably like this :)

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/h9nN9zdizaYPKX6h7
Dr_Slartibartfart

Postby McMokka » 27 Apr 2020 09:04

Watched The extraction on Netflix with Chris Hemsworth. While the story is a bit thin (boy kidnapped, mercenary with a past takes the job), the setting in India is unusual, the action is realistic and they got some impressive visuals with extended cuts during scenes and so on. Generally a high production value with some twists.
7/10 can recommend

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 04 May 2020 20:37

ford v ferrari: a dank movie, with christian bale!? who could have predicted OpieOP
8.5/10 from me

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby McMokka » 13 May 2020 07:48

Gf and me got Disney+ and decided to watch the Marvel stuff from start to finish. I stopped after Civil War for some reason and her experience with it was few and far between, so it made sense.
So far we watched Iron Man, The incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2.

My biased opinion: both Iron Man movies are still very good and I really enjoyed them. I also always liked Robert Downey Jr. One can say that some of the CGI is a bit dated by modern standards, but that was to be expected.
The incredible Hulk from 2008 on the other hand was... rough. The casting of Bruce Banner, while probably closer to the comics, just seems lackluster compared to Mark Ruffalo. The CGI is ass and the "boss battle"... :!

Solid acting by Liv Tyler, Ty Burrell and Tim Roth though. I felt a bit sorry for Tim Roth and his stupid part in this. Cannot recommend.

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 17 May 2020 20:46

grand budapest hotel - I think I saw a trailer for this close to when it came out, thought looked terrible (maybe it was and my tastes changed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ), but just watched and liked it. entertaining, quite a lot of funny moments (for me, comedic taste is totally not personal Kappa ), and flows, kept me "hooked". pretty star-filled cast, too

solid 8/10

moonlight - watched it maybe 2 weeks ago, have forgotten anything specific, but it was a pretty good movie imo

6.5/10

boyhood - the story/plot/acting etc. is not fantastic, but it is shot over the course of 12 years, from age 6-18, while maintaining the same main actors. I thought that was really cool, haven't watched a movie with that sort of timeline before. worth watching just for that, even though I didn't know about it beforehand

7/10

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Venitus » 25 May 2020 09:21

I finally watched Training Day, since it was available on Netflix. Strong recommend. I think it is decent representation of some problems in parts of the world even if it is a movie setting. Acting is good, good dynamic between the 2 leads. I would rate it 4/5 stars.

Venitus

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby McMokka » 27 May 2020 16:54

Watched the first 2 available episodes of Snowpiercer on Netflix. Interesting concept, high production value, engaging to watch. Can recommend :thumb:

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby peregrine » 27 May 2020 22:40

The universe really benefited from the additional time in the series. The movie felt super rushed with how they didn't explain anything of the background.

peregrine

Officer
Officer

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 03 Jun 2020 16:23

have watched a lot of shit since last post, not much has stood out really

rewatched the walking dead seasons 1 - 9-ish (or whenever the whisperers were introduced), wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. still not great though
6/10

punisher s1-2 - second time watching them. generally pretty solid action scenes throughout both series. s2e1 was pretty great in particular
7/10

the big lebowski - entertaining comedy, had many ha-has. again I generally don't like comedies, enjoyed this one though
7.5/10

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 07 Jun 2020 22:58

Started watching space force, if you want some simple plain good humour it's great. Don't expect it to be sophisticated, but for an easy watch it's nice

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/h9nN9zdizaYPKX6h7
Dr_Slartibartfart

Postby Venitus » 07 Jun 2020 23:19

i watched teh 4 parter on Epstein, if you want to see a look on the life of a very distrubed man, go ahead it is on netflix

Venitus

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section