Login or register with Wargaming Account

stronk movies and series

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: stronk movies and series

Postby Dr_Oolen » 19 Mar 2021 18:50

Brati007 wrote:
TheDrownedApe wrote:Zack Snyder cut out today. Watching it tonight but FOUR hours long so I had better drink my wine slowly.

or just drink more wine until your wife looks 20ish again >:D
sheeeeeeit

Dr_Oolen

Officer
Officer

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 24 Mar 2021 19:07

Watched the liberator today. Was really neat, had to get used to the real life+cartoon style. But is nice

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/h9nN9zdizaYPKX6h7
Dr_Slartibartfart

Postby Orrie » 25 Mar 2021 05:20

TheDrownedApe wrote:Zack Snyder cut out today. Watching it tonight but FOUR hours long so I had better drink my wine slowly.

I liked it. Plotwise it adds way more substance and backstory, but there are some questionable CGI scenes that I presume wasn't made when Snyder worked on the initial version.
Sadly it seems like Warner Bros won't follow up on the story, and will probably use upcoming The Flash movie to restart a lot of the plot, since it's likely gonna be a bout the Flashpoint Paradox.
Ben Affleck will return as Batman, a new Supergirl will appear and we might also see an older Batman actor returning, because of of the multiverse theory. (If you've seen the tv shows, or read the comics, you'll understand. If not, then suck to be you lmao)
Too bad we probably won't see Ben Affleck returning in a solo Batman movie, at least not anything in the plans right now. The previous project that was in the works was changed into the Batman movie with Robert Pattinson and a new plot.
Both The Flash and The Batman movies will release next year.

Orrie

Commander
Commander

Postby Brati007 » 25 Mar 2021 06:25

for my taste the flash is too childish and the best batman was and will be christian bale anyways

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby Marliini » 25 Mar 2021 12:04

Dragon's Blood on Netflix now. Go watch it, get inspired, I need a pos 1 player

'Flanking with the JP E-100 is easier and faster' Lion, beach of Overlord, 27/06/2021
Marliini

Postby TheGamingLion » 28 Mar 2021 11:25

Just finished The Dig. An absolutely beautiful piece in my opinion.

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby Marliini » 28 Mar 2021 11:45

TheGamingLion wrote:Just finished The Dig. An absolutely beautiful piece in my opinion.

I dig it as well

'Flanking with the JP E-100 is easier and faster' Lion, beach of Overlord, 27/06/2021
Marliini

Postby Marliini » 24 Apr 2021 16:46

As you know this is maybe more of a warning, but I laughed watching Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

Marliini

Postby Mettkrieger » 24 Apr 2021 17:22

phpBB [video]

It's SO good

Mettkrieger

Officer
Officer

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 03 May 2021 17:29

Recently watched Deutschland 83 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4445154/
Is really nice series, it has a very good atmosphere which is fairly intense but its subtile intensity and not overdone or anything. Really enjoyed it.

They got Deutschland 86 and 89 as well, but those series i'll have to find somewhere as on prime they are behind a paywall

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

Dr_Slartibartfart

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 04 May 2021 11:17

finished watching fear the walking dead (the walking dead sideshow? idk what else to call it). it's uhm... not amazing, but not exactly bad either. I'd just say if you have other things on your to-watch list, watch them first

compared to the walking dead: it focuses a lot more on the human side of the apocalypse, rather than the zombie side. the way they kill off characters is for the most part, really shit :D
for one of them specifically, I wasn't even sure if the character was dead or not, because the way it was written just felt so clumsy and lazy

for the walking dead, the show started off very good, and progressively got worse and worse. fear the walking dead feels like kind of the opposite. the last season, at least for me, felt the best

a couple of characters from the walking dead make their appearance throughout the show. the biggest of them (not really a spoiler since he's in many of the promotional posters for the show) being morgan

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

"Bois, you know the feel when a peanut drops from your clothes on the floor and you have another peanut to eat?" -Fart, 2k20

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Brati007 » 04 May 2021 15:31

Dr_Badthur wrote:finished watching fear the walking dead (the walking dead sideshow? idk what else to call it). it's uhm... not amazing, but not exactly bad either. I'd just say if you have other things on your to-watch list, watch them first

compared to the walking dead: it focuses a lot more on the human side of the apocalypse, rather than the zombie side. the way they kill off characters is for the most part, really shit :D
for one of them specifically, I wasn't even sure if the character was dead or not, because the way it was written just felt so clumsy and lazy

for the walking dead, the show started off very good, and progressively got worse and worse. fear the walking dead feels like kind of the opposite. the last season, at least for me, felt the best

a couple of characters from the walking dead make their appearance throughout the show. the biggest of them (not really a spoiler since he's in many of the promotional posters for the show) being morgan

are there more than 7 episodes out yet of the last season?

other than that i totally agree with your view.

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 04 May 2021 22:45

Brati007 wrote:are there more than 7 episodes out yet of the last season?

there's 11 episodes in S6 now, so yeah, guess so. though the season isn't finished yet, E12 is coming out on the 6th/9th from what I can tell

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

"Bois, you know the feel when a peanut drops from your clothes on the floor and you have another peanut to eat?" -Fart, 2k20

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby McMokka » 06 May 2021 13:05

Watched "The Gentlemen". Solid watch, Matthew McConaughey and Hugh Grant in rather different roles to what they usually occupy, doing a good job.
Charlie Hunnam and Colin Farrell also with solid performance.

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 30 May 2021 00:39

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

HAAFAP

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby dacorny » 26 Jul 2021 20:12

Love Death and Robots has its 2nd season out.

Animated shorts, rather dark or dystopian, about 20 mins roughly per episode.

dacorny

Postby TheGamingLion » 07 Aug 2021 11:04

Watched Logan, it was an alright spend of time until the group of mutant kids cringed their way through the end.
I did like the sequel to Xavier's and Wolverine's story and the general ideas of the mutant science stuff.
But had I not watched it I wouldn't say I'd have missed anything.

Series Loki:
Insane production value, Marvel movie animation levels in a series. Although it was visible where they saved money with props to sink more into CGI.
Hiddleston's acting threw me off a bit since I thought him better. I wouldn't have expected Loki to be re-written into a dork, if it was intended like that.
I did enjoy the general sentiment of the Marvel movies taking themselves less seriously (worked incredibly well with Thor Ragnarok). It also gave a nice background to the general Marvel universe.
Huge cliffhanger towards the end of course, to prepare for S2.

Started watching The Mandalorian today, already 3 episodes in.
From the 3 named here by far the best one, it's just written, filmed and acted very nicely, thanks Favreau. The first time I don't find all the Star Wars universe stuff with odd technology and all kinds of species off-putting.
I'm happy to say that I still have a few episodes in S1 + the entirety of S2 to look forward to.

I watched all this because I recently got access to Disney+. Wouldn't see myself actively pursuing this kind of sci-fi / fantasy otherwise, probably.

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 09 Aug 2021 19:49

Went to The Man Who Would Be King in cinema yesterday. Was a really interesting movie, which really conveys how brits acted during colonial times in a kind of ridiculing way. Can recommend a watch if you like wonky movies.

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

Dr_Slartibartfart

Postby dacorny » 13 Aug 2021 21:44

watched the new harley quinn on netflix, actually really good, but i also went in with no expectations.

dacorny

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 21 Sep 2021 22:10

Wen to watch Dune in cinema. Was nice experience for what I saw but sadly I was too tired so I took a nap for like 30 mins during it. (Not because of the movie really)

Also finished Clickbait on Netflix today. Was kinda nice but not very satisfying to watch as the series is just like the title tbh

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

Dr_Slartibartfart

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section