Login or register with Wargaming Account

Gaming pc which is also good for streaming < 1k euro

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Gaming pc which is also good for streaming < 1k euro

Postby Kriegerseele » 30 May 2016 23:51

mr sexiіs
I am playing wot now for 3 years on a shit pc which is really slow and i can play this game only on minimum graphics with 50 fps. And as i have time now after my final exams i think its a good start to start streaming on twitch #mainstream problem is that the frames get even lower now ingame and its kind of unplayable when i stream so i decided to look for a new pc so i dont have any of these problems again. Honestly i have no clue about pc stuffs and i dont even know if things are worth the money or not, i also dont know which graphic card i need, i see me in this area like jon snow i know nothing. So i would be really glad if you guys i am sure someone of you knows things about this stuff could recommend things i need or even better could build me on a website a pc which is not too expensive <1000 as i said before, i want to play wot at min 60fps on at least medium graphics, i want also that it is able to stream the game so that the fps is still above 60fps, so i need a good processor or smth. Also it should be useable for studythings but thats probably on every pc installable (word, powerpoint...) it shouldnt be too loud for streamingmatters. That would be so nice of you mr sexiіs if someone could help me there <3

With great power comes great responsibility
Kriegerseele

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Re: Gaming pc which is also good for streaming < 1k euro

Postby McMokka » 31 May 2016 00:06

Not the most knowledgable on this matter, but some basic questions, so others can take over :P
-1000 Euro for the PC only or do you also need mouse, keyboard, monitor,..?
-Other games you want to play? high end stuff?
-Any other requests?

Would wait with the new pc until the new generation of GPUs is in the stores for a while, since that will have an impact on the prices.

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Kriegerseele » 31 May 2016 00:38

I will only play wot probably cause i cant afford the time to play another games and i still got the keyboard monitor and mouse from my old pc which are probably not that good

Kriegerseele

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Brati007 » 31 May 2016 13:44

<1 k euro with screen will force you to buy stuff again within 2 years, i would raise the amount of moneys or dont take a new screen

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby Winter » 31 May 2016 14:01

Some people here are big fans of buying some second hand stuff, your thoughts on this?

Also the resolution of your monitor would help, assuming it's 1080p which doesn't need anything too powerful to run wot even at high/max settings (maybe dropping some settings like anti aliasing). Or are you getting a new screen, if so what are your thoughts concerning size and possibly resolution (maybe compared to your current one).

Does your €1k budget include the need for windows or have you got other means of getting this?

How big are your storage needs, and would you like all of this on an SSD which is much faster (at least in loading/booting the PC) or go for a combination of good old hard drive(s) for data and SSD for windows/games.

Edit:
Seeing as you're a first time buyer, does the budget include the store building it for you or are you confident enough to puzzle it together yourself/got a friend/force one of the nazi kind, German IDEAL members to do it.

Spoiler:
Winter

Postby Kriegerseele » 31 May 2016 14:40

Yeah i would need windows new.
Maybe 225 ssd and 1tb storage, i dont know how to build it myself, as i said i have no clue about this stuff, the screen how it is atm is fine

Kriegerseele

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby McMokka » 31 May 2016 14:54

you can get windows via your school/university much cheaper/for free, so try to gather some informations about that.

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Winter » 31 May 2016 15:23

Anyone have any experience playing WoT with a GTX 960?

That seems to be about the price range, unless you go real cheap on the cpu and just about squeeze in a GTX 970. Though that would likely cause problems in case you do want to upgrade in a few years.

Again that is assuming no second hand parts.

PS no dfx, we're not giving anyone the advice to buy AMD here.

Spoiler:
Winter

Postby Rabidal » 31 May 2016 16:03

I could build it for him, but on the other hand i would need to send him the pc afterwards, and sending a pc with installed GPU und CPU cooler isn't the best idea tho.
He should ask GTO tho if he could build it if none of his friends or he can build it :D

"You don´t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great."
Rabidal

Postby McMokka » 31 May 2016 16:24

what do the pros think about this stuff i put together in 5 minutes?
https://www.alternate.de/html/configura ... d4eeedf70a

I left the GPU out, since it depends on what he prefers + if he needs a new monitor.
Or maybe he waits until the 1070 and AMD Polaris are out so the prices get lower. Still 330 left, so a GTX 970 would be possible (if not even the 1070, when it comes out)

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Brati007 » 31 May 2016 17:13

McMokka wrote:what do the pros think about this stuff i put together in 5 minutes?

I left the GPU out, since it depends on what he prefers + if he needs a new monitor.
Or maybe he waits until the 1070 and AMD Polaris are out so the prices get lower. Still 330 left, so a GTX 970 would be possible (if not even the 1070, when it comes out)

i guess noone needs an optical drive anymore and 630w psu is also overpowered, rest looks gud

ps: would buy at http://www.mindfactory.de/

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby McMokka » 31 May 2016 17:21

Brati007 wrote:
McMokka wrote:what do the pros think about this stuff i put together in 5 minutes?

i guess noone needs an optical drive anymore and 630w psu is also overpowered, rest looks gud

ps: would buy at http://www.mindfactory.de/

Dunno, its 14 euros for the optical drive, and it came in handy when girls came over with their dvd box of whatever. If he doesn't need it, sure, he can scratch it.
And 630W is way more than he needs, but it gives room to work with later on, if he goes for a second gpu (which i doubt, but who knows). Also not necessary, I agree.

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby wetlioN » 31 May 2016 18:24

get used hardware and download windows.

ez moneysafe for higher performance. focus on getting a decent cpu instead of epic gfx card. get a good i7 or i5 and some decent mainboard and cooling and OC that thing. ez frames

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby H311fi5h » 31 May 2016 19:09

Winter wrote:Anyone have any experience playing WoT with a GTX 960?

That seems to be about the price range, unless you go real cheap on the cpu and just about squeeze in a GTX 970. Though that would likely cause problems in case you do want to upgrade in a few years.

Again that is assuming no second hand parts.

PS no dfx, we're not giving anyone the advice to buy AMD here.

Yes, I'm running a 960. Still good for anything I'm playing. Even cranking up everything to max you'll still get way over 60 fps in WoT. Hell, a 660 for 50 bucks from ebay will run WoT just fine.
I'm pretty sure with you can build a PC with Krieger's requirements for <500€

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby wetlioN » 31 May 2016 19:20

im running wot on my gtx 660 just fine btw.

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby H311fi5h » 31 May 2016 19:32

I gave it a shot
If you wanna use the full budget you can go for a 970 instead. Or a second screen. Or a bigger one.
The CPU can handle much faster graphics cards, so you could stay with the 960 for now and get a 1070 (or whatever the red team will release soon) in a couple of years if you want to play more demanding stuff.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby Kriegerseele » 31 May 2016 19:38

Atm i have the geforce gtx650 but its probably a shit graphic card, or should it be enuff for wot and the processor is the problem? It is amd fx4100 4 core 3,6 ghz if i am not wrong, the guy who build my pc the graphic card is enough, so i am not sure if the processor is the problem atm.. @fishy as i said, i will only play wot probably and second screen is a bit unnecessary for streaming for fun :D and i would be really happy if the money is like i think fishy said below 500 if its enough to play wot at 60fps even on max, it would be also fine if its a bit more expensive. The problem is i literally have no idea how much money i have to spend to get a pc which fulfills all my wishes, so its good that fishy said i dont even have to pay that much money. Ps: i dont know what streaming aquires for pc stats, just wanted to remind you, not that i have than a good pc for wot and cant stream.

Kriegerseele

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Kriegerseele » 31 May 2016 19:40

And with fishys builttry, if that pc is really good i have no problem to pay 900, just not sure if its way too good for wot

Kriegerseele

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby McMokka » 31 May 2016 19:59

it really depends on what you are planning to do.
If you stop streaming after 2 weeks 900 euro for a WoT-rig is way too much.
If you dont need a new/second screen, then dont go for the older genenation of the cpu/RAM.
Paying 900-1000 euro just to try streaming out is a bit overkill. To play WoT on high settings without streaming, 500 euro is enough.

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby H311fi5h » 31 May 2016 20:01

I think this will run WoT with 1080p@60fps (max settings) and stream either 1080@30fps or 720@60fps. If you go cheaper on the CPU you will be limited to 720@30 I guess.
(note: no monitor included)

edit: With a GTX 750 Ti you could save a few bucks more

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Next

Return to Public Friends' Section