Login or register with Wargaming Account

GoT Thread [SPOILERS]

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: GoT Thread [SPOILERS]

Postby Orrie » 22 May 2016 22:33

Episode was leaked through HBO Nordic, if you're into p2p and not streams.

Orrie

Commander
Commander

Postby Alm1ghtyArtur » 23 May 2016 09:13

Man I am confused right now, Hodor knew whats going to happen in the future or it's like a coincidence that he started screaming ''hold the door''?

Alm1ghtyArtur

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Dr_Oolen » 23 May 2016 09:53

The way it makes sense to me is that since bran was in vision with pre-hodor and had to get the real-time hodor to hold the door he either:

- "programmed" pre-hodor to hold the door (this would imply he cant directly influence stuff outside a vision if hes in one) and since they shared the vision and real-time events at the same time (through bran) the pre-hodor basically saw/lived his future, reking his mind in the process; also unless i was blind you could see that while he was holding the door his eyes werent white, at least after he had turned around, pushing against it with his back, thus was in control himself.

- or he reached outside the vision to real-time hodor, but somehow due to proxy also made pre-hodor into hodor

Either way i think the purpose of the whole thing was to show bran that he can affect things that happened in the past to influence the present. Or in other words - it allows the show creators to basically do whateverthefuck they want.

Dr_Oolen

Officer
Officer

Postby Alm1ghtyArtur » 23 May 2016 10:04

troolenhardy wrote:The way it makes sense to me is that since bran was in vision with pre-hodor and had to get the real-time hodor to hold the door he either:

- "programmed" pre-hodor to hold the door (this would imply he cant directly influence stuff outside a vision if hes in one) and since they shared the vision and real-time events at the same time (through bran) the pre-hodor basically saw/lived his future, reking his mind in the process; also unless i was blind you could see that while he was holding the door his eyes werent white, at least after he had turned around, pushing against it with his back, thus was in control himself.

- or he reached outside the vision to real-time hodor, but somehow due to proxy also made pre-hodor into hodor

Either way i think the purpose of the whole thing was to show bran that he can affect things that happened in the past to influence the present. Or in other words - it allows the show creators to basically do whateverthefuck they want.

Young Hodors eyes were white when he was holding the door for Bran. But hmm, I guess Hodor would eventually become Hodor without Brans interference, so there must've been another event leading to Hodors disability and the door thing is just a coincidence?

Last edited by Alm1ghtyArtur on 23 May 2016 12:37, edited 1 time in total.
Alm1ghtyArtur

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby McMokka » 23 May 2016 10:04

troolenhardy wrote:

It also shows, that he can't change the past. He influences it to change the present, but it explained why Hodor said "Hodor" for 30 years. So it is not too freaky. It is not like there are different timelines, they just have the possibility to lazy-explain some stuff with it.

Plus: Maybe Brann can not influence just fucking everything. He was only able to control Hodor the whole time because of his simple mind. (Then again, the guy from the wildlings who is able to control animals is shown to control "normal" humans in the later books, so who knows how far they go with that ability). Still, he is not changing the past, he is influencing it. But from the present time point of view, that influence already happened.

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Orrie » 23 May 2016 12:19

He can't change the future, as it is already set.
There are different theories on time travel, but whatever Bran does through he's visions into the past, it's already set in the future, and the timeline won't change.
Basically he was meant to scramble Hodor's brain, because the story is only 1 timeline.
Which kinda hint that the Mad King hearing whispers might be Bran through is visions.

To compare, in X-Men, they change the timeline by going back.
Same I'm DC Comics with the Flash.
That's because their future isn't truly set, and why you have different personalities for characters in the different DC Comics.

Orrie

Commander
Commander

Postby TayIor_Swift » 23 May 2016 16:22

Hold the door...

I'm heartbroken guys

"The game must not be too fast and must not be... the enemy team must not survive and shit"
"Fuck me in the ass man"

- PENTA. The Man, The Myth, The Legend.

ImageImageImage
TayIor_Swift

Friend of IDEAL
Friend of IDEAL

Postby Bronn1 » 23 May 2016 16:22

I was trying to tell you...

Bronn1

Postby RedlineRailgunningRemmel » 23 May 2016 16:45

Orrie wrote:Episode was leaked through HBO Nordic, if you're into p2p and not streams.

mono sound and distorted, flash player interface, skype sounds on background and the best part was when the ripper went to win start menu to open notepad to write something. Can't really complain since its illegal but still. :tomatard: This shit got through my automated dl system.

RedlineRailgunningRemmel

Postby Orrie » 23 May 2016 20:54

Mine had a timer going off in the middle of the episode. :tomatard:

Orrie

Commander
Commander

Postby McMokka » 23 May 2016 22:07

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby wetlioN » 23 May 2016 22:33

TayIor_Swift wrote:Hold the door...

I'm heartbroken guys

QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby wetlioN » 24 May 2016 16:59

episode was pretty sad...

but this anyone enjoy dem titties tho? Kreygasm

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby TayIor_Swift » 24 May 2016 20:06

PENTA_veitileiN wrote:episode was pretty sad...

but this anyone enjoy dem titties tho? Kreygasm

The Sansa actress when arya was watching the play?

:gusta: Ja :gusta: me :gusta: gusta :gusta:

"The game must not be too fast and must not be... the enemy team must not survive and shit"
"Fuck me in the ass man"

- PENTA. The Man, The Myth, The Legend.

ImageImageImage
TayIor_Swift

Friend of IDEAL
Friend of IDEAL

Postby Bojan_pz » 24 May 2016 20:26

We often wondered why Hodor was the way he was. But in the tree Bran looks at him and says "Hodor, you could talk!" Hodor acknowledges. "Hodor, what happened?" Hodor acknowledges again, almost with sadness, but of course can't say. When Bran has to warg into Hodor to hold the door, Willis hits the ground with a seizure like episode. This episode affects him in a way that purposefully silences him from ever telling anyone what happened! He knows the truth of the "future" but can't tell anyone even if he tried! He would have been considered a mad man if he spoke of such things. The "Hodor" affect on the brain protected him thru his life so that he could help Bran in the future! He was always considered a harmless simpleton, but he really knew a ton of information.
It's brilliant writing. It's sad as shit, but brilliant nonetheless.
Everything happens for a reason.

Hodor had a sort of seisure when he was young, because bran went into his mind while also being in the past, in order to 'hold the door' against Wights

PS. Summer (wolf) died .. so Winter is comming

Bojan_pz

Postby Orrie » 25 May 2016 01:13

Episode 6 Trailer:

phpBB [video]

Orrie

Commander
Commander

Postby Alm1ghtyArtur » 25 May 2016 06:19

rek the high sparrow please please

Alm1ghtyArtur

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby ninz » 25 May 2016 07:58

Alm1ghtyArtur wrote:rek the high sparrow please please

After Margaery does the walk of shame! >:D

ninz

Postby Bronn1 » 25 May 2016 08:10

ninz wrote:
Alm1ghtyArtur wrote:rek the high sparrow please please

After Margaery does the walk of shame! >:D

I'm rooting for that! And the high sparrow ain't worst than the others power hungry nobelmen, why are you so against him?

Bronn1

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section