Login or register with Wargaming Account

stronk cars

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: stronk cars

Postby Xen » 20 Jan 2021 17:27

NoobInOPTank wrote:
Xen wrote:Oh and these photoshops I did pre-purchase

Where can you buy photoshops like this?

subscribe to my onlyfans to request your own photoshops

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby NoobInOPTank » 24 Jan 2021 14:46

Brati007 wrote:how much hp on the wheels by now?

i can see how much you love that car by the sheer cleaness :)

With a restrictor in the exhaust it made around 320WHP, gonna make a bit more now that the restrictor somehow went missing >:D Thanks, btw :)

Xen wrote: subscribe to my onlyfans to request your own photoshops

Why did I ask D:

NoobInOPTank

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby TheDrownedApe » 09 Mar 2021 20:23

The antipathy to this thread but thought j would share my change. After various ICE cars including Renault 5 GT turbo, golf gti mk 4, VW Eos TSI, BMW 335d, lots and lots in-between and finally my normal 120d im off to EVs.

Just leased a mundane, bland Leaf e+ tekna ( too cheap to not buy) so I'm done (hopefully) with car ICEs now.

I still have my Scomadi 125tl but I'm thinking of swapping that for a electric bike too.

I will always miss not owning a v8 but alas it may never be.......

TheDrownedApe

Postby Brati007 » 10 Mar 2021 06:16

i preordered a Damon HS but they already told me per email that the earliest eu shipping starts end 2022, i guess its gonna be mid 2023 :(

on the car side i am hyped about the lucid air and have hopes for 2024 to make the change then.

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby Xen » 16 Jun 2021 22:29

So, I got into a little accident today because I wasn't paying attention. Collision happened at about 20 - 30 km/h I'd say. Not terrible, not great. Was entirely my fault, nothing much to say. The dude was standing still when I hit him, so he must have started braking way before that, while I wasn't looking at the road for only 2 - 3 sec, so there was a pretty long time where I didn't notice his brake lights prior to that because of the sun, but either way if I had been less distracted I'd have noticed he was slowing down. No, I was not on my phone. I was thinking about the appointment I was going to and looking in the rear view mirror to check if my hair was alright, if I had anything in my teeth, etc. I take that road every day and it's just boring ass 70km/h on a wide open road because of the speed trap ahead. Never seen anyone turn left there, that's why I let myself get so distracted. Adding insult to injury, some retard ran over my little hazard triangle, not one of those generic ones, but the one specific to this model of car / era of Mercedes Benz. More expensive to replace than necessary. MIght actually keep it like this as a little souvenir. I'll think about it.

Ironic: Just a couple hundred meters before I crashed into the guys' ass he was blocking the entrance of the roundabout because he was hunched over doing something on his phone. I honked briefly and thought to myself "dude, not cool, focus on the road".

Anyway... It looked really bad at first, but upon closer inspection I think I can fix this and get my baby back on the road. Not sure if I'll be able to afford the insurance tho, as I am going to do another apprenticeship starting in august, which means an income of 800 bucks per month after taxes and all lol.

I'll keep you guys updated. I'll post pics tomorrow. Kinda late now.

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Brati007 » 17 Jun 2021 15:03

i only need to honk when guys start starring at gurls with too less clothes on them. shouldnt the idiot running over your property pay for it or did you also put it up at the wrong place?

Brati007

Postby Xen » 17 Jun 2021 18:54

You mean the retard who ran over my hazard triangle? That was on a public road and he didn't even stop. Definitely left a nice mark on his bumper though.

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Xen » 17 Jun 2021 19:27

First impression of the accident:
Spoiler:

Back home:
Spoiler:

Other car:
Spoiler:

This needs to be welded:
Spoiler:

Found a 10mm that fell out of my front end (thought I forgot mine, but it's not mine lol)
Spoiler:

Poor little triangle:
Spoiler:

Spare wheel with tyre from 1993:
Spoiler:

Last photos before hiding the ugly in the garage:
Spoiler:

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Brati007 » 18 Jun 2021 15:31

luckily you hit with your good side. having space on the water reservoir side definitely helped instead of broken electronics :P

still the damage can be much larger than expected, you have to look for the chassis and the bearings and then fix the cooling system. where there any oil leaks yet?

Brati007

Postby Xen » 18 Jun 2021 20:25

Yeh, that was exactly my thinking. The centre and the front left would have been much worse lol.

No oil or coolant leaks, only window washer fluid. Frame seems to be straight. Wheel is fine, had it balanced at a shop today, no imbalance at all, spins perfectly round as well. The wheel wasn't really locked up either, so I don't think there is any way the suspension too a significant impact. Wheel bearing has a bit of play, but thats adjustable and could very well have been there before, it's been over half a year since I last checked it. The only thing I'm really worried about is the strut tower being bent and it not being in the right place after the fix. I'm sure there will be a way to work with it in the worst case (like adjustable strut bearings, for instance, not sure if they're legal in Germany).

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby ZAND9R » 18 Jun 2021 22:40

Xen wrote:Yeh, that was exactly my thinking. The centre and the front left would have been much worse lol.

No oil or coolant leaks, only window washer fluid. Frame seems to be straight. Wheel is fine, had it balanced at a shop today, no imbalance at all, spins perfectly round as well. The wheel wasn't really locked up either, so I don't think there is any way the suspension too a significant impact. Wheel bearing has a bit of play, but thats adjustable and could very well have been there before, it's been over half a year since I last checked it. The only thing I'm really worried about is the strut tower being bent and it not being in the right place after the fix. I'm sure there will be a way to work with it in the worst case (like adjustable strut bearings, for instance, not sure if they're legal in Germany).

Duude, I am gutted to see this happening to you and your car (which is very nice, btw - or used to be >:D )

I have no knowledge when it comes to car mechanics, but I do hope you will be able to repair it easily and at a decent cost at the same time. Best of luck with it!

ZAND9R

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby TheGamingLion » 09 Jul 2021 08:01

phpBB [video]

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby Xen » 09 Jul 2021 15:41

Peugeot is designing some really cool looking cars nowadays. The most recent 308 and 508 are sexy af, too. But Peugeot. Miss me with that shit lol

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby enzonix » 10 Jul 2021 22:13

Also got my hands on a dank ride, needs a lot of work on the body. I was thinking of getting it either on bags or coilovers, but because of my recent financial situations, I think I'll stick to some coilovers KEK
anyway, here's a google pictures link for you guys to see it before any work was done to it.
I hope you like it widepeepohug

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yNneYmSeDAVJyF5cA

enzonix

Friend of IDEAL
Friend of IDEAL

Postby TheErikT » 06 Aug 2021 19:43

TheErikT

Postby Laraarsa24 » 06 Aug 2021 19:55

Some pictures of my car <3

It's sitting on Bilstein B14 coilovers and am looking to get some 18 inch wheels for it at the moment.

Laraarsa24

Postby Xen » 07 Aug 2021 10:29

Looks great. How rusty is it tho

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Laraarsa24 » 17 Aug 2021 12:36

Not too bad actually. Sill on the right needs some work at the rear jack pad area, but no rust anywhere else. This generation of 5 series aren't too bad for rust, although they have their problems obviously (it is more than 18 years old now)

Laraarsa24

Postby Xen » 17 Aug 2021 14:55

I'm not sure what years of E39 it applies to but I've seen a fuckload of rusted to shit examples. I considered getting one but the rust issue made me not pursue the idea further. Glad yours is in good shape though

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Xen » 08 Feb 2022 23:31

Not a car but it go vroom vroom so here it goes. I got myself something to fill the void in my heart that my car left. <3

Xen

Commander
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section