Login or register with Wargaming Account

stronk games

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer (WoT), Commander (WoT)

Re: stronk games

Postby AaMelon » 09 Dec 2014 20:01

sh4zbot wrote:
Aa_Melon wrote:4 hours to get from SE to NW, this includes stopping by towns to sneak because you hear bandits nearby, looting & getting some food to survive the trip. About the glitches, it happens all the time. They try to fix it but they spend 1 month on doing it and then it gets worse. I glitched through the god damn ladder in NW airfield in the tower, and that's completely bs.
+ I don't know what kind of DayZ mod you played, but it's definitely not like that. Also, mosin is OP as fuck when you have some ideas how to snipe with it (Arma experience)



bambi confirmed :D running without stopping gets u from Electro to NWA in about 20mins. if ur energized and hydrated u dont need to stop once for food etc.

there arent more glitches than in the mod, prolly less. I played mod for 1k+ hours(standard and dayzero mod(pure pvp mod)), doesnt matter anyway since all mods had the same engine -> same glitches.
You say mosin is OP as fuck and play mod instead where guns like DMR exist? :waxx25: Actually the standalone is waaay more balanced concerning guns.

Did u by any chance play epoch or smiliar carebear rpg mods? :pedoseal:


I played all kind of DayZ mods, and DMR is not op, not compared to FN FAL with thermal scope at least.
Also, if you manage to get to NWA in about 20 mins without dying then I praise you. It doesn't work like that for me anymore, no matter if I sneak or whatsoever, there will always be a moron in the way asking if you're friendly or not but still shoot you.
  • 0

User avatar
AaMelon

 
Posts: 1575
Location: Norgay
Reputation: 238

Re: stronk games

Postby Xen » 09 Dec 2014 20:05

Dayz SA is kinda retarded right now. There are like no zeds at all 99% of the time, but once the game spawns some they will spot you at 1km and you cannot possibly lose them. Killing them with melee weapons is ineffective, because only the yellow axe is any good and the zeds are way too fucking laggy anyway and you cannot shoot them, because you cannot even find fucking guns anywhere (really, even the NW airfield is fucking EMPTY as shit) and even if you could for every zed you shoot you will attract at least 2 new zeds.

It's unplayable.
  • 0

User avatar
Xen

Autism Officer
Autism Officer
 
Posts: 6059
Reputation: 3019

Re: stronk games

Postby sh4zbot » 09 Dec 2014 20:38

When Im solo no one with a gun gets to ask me if Im friendly because I shoot straight away :D I gotta say tho I play KoS (if they have guns) bandit with some exceptions depending on the particular situation. About thermal, thats why I started playing dayzero because balanced stuff and didnt even allow such hightech stuff that is retarded for an apocalyptic scenario(thermal as50 ftw). Anyway, if u want to be somewhere fast: fuck stealth and run serpentines with empty hands full speed and avoid towns: I guarantee you you have to get VERY unlucky to die: 1. u are faster than everyone that wants to shoot you, 2. hitting a rabbit target running full speed is beyond the skill level of 99% of dayz players, + in forests you can lose hunters very fast.

@Xen: firefighter axe is quite common, I use the splitting axe though (2 hit zed kill, 1 hit on head), since u can easily put it into an improvised backpack so it doesnt stick out on your back. hitting the zeds is easy once you figured out how they move and when to hit. (u can outrun them but killing them is way easier/stealthier).

For the loot problem: thats why I said its way better now that there are private hives. There are no more serverhoppers who just join to loot 1 highvalue building and gtfo again. On the server I play on theres 4h restarts and you ALWAYS find a gun and ammo, since there are guns literally everywhere.(other than the most common spots which get looted first, yes EVEN NWA :P )
  • 0

sh4zbot

Member
Member
 
Posts: 77
Reputation: 37

Re: stronk games

Postby AaMelon » 09 Dec 2014 20:53

sh4zbot wrote:When Im solo no one with a gun gets to ask me if Im friendly because I shoot straight away :D I gotta say tho I play KoS (if they have guns) bandit with some exceptions depending on the particular situation. About thermal, thats why I started playing dayzero because balanced stuff and didnt even allow such hightech stuff that is retarded for an apocalyptic scenario(thermal as50 ftw). Anyway, if u want to be somewhere fast: fuck stealth and run serpentines with empty hands full speed and avoid towns: I guarantee you you have to get VERY unlucky to die: 1. u are faster than everyone that wants to shoot you, 2. hitting a rabbit target running full speed is beyond the skill level of 99% of dayz players, + in forests you can lose hunters very fast.

@Xen: firefighter axe is quite common, I use the splitting axe though (2 hit zed kill, 1 hit on head), since u can easily put it into an improvised backpack so it doesnt stick out on your back. hitting the zeds is easy once you figured out how they move and when to hit. (u can outrun them but killing them is way easier/stealthier).

For the loot problem: thats why I said its way better now that there are private hives. There are no more serverhoppers who just join to loot 1 highvalue building and gtfo again. On the server I play on theres 4h restarts and you ALWAYS find a gun and ammo, since there are guns literally everywhere.(other than the most common spots which get looted first, yes EVEN NWA :P )


Thermal scopes are quite common in military base, both irl and ingame
  • 0

User avatar
AaMelon

 
Posts: 1575
Location: Norgay
Reputation: 238

Re: stronk games

Postby Xen » 09 Dec 2014 21:24

Last time I played I ran around the NWA, was mad it was completely empty, started hopping (something I don't usually do) and at least 10 servers later I had a pistol with no magazine or ammo. Wow, impressive...

About the Zeds, I find it hard enough to hit them at all because of how glitchy they are. No way I can aim for the head or hit them twice. Outrunning them hasn't worked for me in the last 10 patches of the SA either. They lose sight, you're on the other side of the mountain, behind 100 bushes. After 1 minute of looting a house or idling or whatever I hear and see the exact same fucking zed in the distance closing in on me still fucking chasing me. The only way I ever managed to lose the zeds was climb up a ladder to be save and relog. If the zed wouldn't go away, change server.

This shit needs tons of work still...

I also consider the inconsistent loot and zed spawn an issue (and I'm pretty sure it's not working as intended). You often run around for hours with no fucking zeds at all and then you suddenly have 10 of them behind you. It'd be a lot less annoying if you actually had to assume there are zeds everywhere and remain somewhat stealthy to avoid them. If you play stealthy now you're just wasting your time, because getting from A to B takes 10 times as long and there's no zeds anywhere 90%+ of the time anyway. As a result you enable no-brain-mode and get rekt once you happen to find some zeds.

The mod was about 1000 times better than the SA is right now... until fucking hackers ruined it.



E:
I liked it a lot better when pistols and rifles always spawned with at least an empty magazine right next to them. I mean, why the fuck would you find a fucking pistol anywhere and no magazine nearby? why on earth would the guns be A LOT more common than magazines? It makes no sense at all
  • 0

User avatar
Xen

Autism Officer
Autism Officer
 
Posts: 6059
Reputation: 3019

Re: stronk games

Postby AaMelon » 09 Dec 2014 22:21

Xensation wrote:Last time I played I ran around the NWA, was mad it was completely empty, started hopping (something I don't usually do) and at least 10 servers later I had a pistol with no magazine or ammo. Wow, impressive...

About the Zeds, I find it hard enough to hit them at all because of how glitchy they are. No way I can aim for the head or hit them twice. Outrunning them hasn't worked for me in the last 10 patches of the SA either. They lose sight, you're on the other side of the mountain, behind 100 bushes. After 1 minute of looting a house or idling or whatever I hear and see the exact same fucking zed in the distance closing in on me still fucking chasing me. The only way I ever managed to lose the zeds was climb up a ladder to be save and relog. If the zed wouldn't go away, change server.

This shit needs tons of work still...

I also consider the inconsistent loot and zed spawn an issue (and I'm pretty sure it's not working as intended). You often run around for hours with no fucking zeds at all and then you suddenly have 10 of them behind you. It'd be a lot less annoying if you actually had to assume there are zeds everywhere and remain somewhat stealthy to avoid them. If you play stealthy now you're just wasting your time, because getting from A to B takes 10 times as long and there's no zeds anywhere 90%+ of the time anyway. As a result you enable no-brain-mode and get rekt once you happen to find some zeds.

The mod was about 1000 times better than the SA is right now... until fucking hackers ruined it.



E:
I liked it a lot better when pistols and rifles always spawned with at least an empty magazine right next to them. I mean, why the fuck would you find a fucking pistol anywhere and no magazine nearby? why on earth would the guns be A LOT more common than magazines? It makes no sense at all


I do partly agree with you, but not 100%
The reason for why you find more guns than magazines is because most people already have at least one firearm they can carry, magazines are then quite easy to find and most people are actually looting them instead for the guns. Same goes for the bullets.
When it comes to the zeds, they're somewhat glitched but definitely not a bad thing atm.
Also when it comes to DayZ mod and hackers, don't play on official servers. Play on private servers with proper anti-hack system (Tom's anti-hack v3+) or with battleye enabled. Admins tend to be more active and serious there than the official servers, but yeah, hackers do really ruin the fun with all the nukes and shit.
  • 0

User avatar
AaMelon

 
Posts: 1575
Location: Norgay
Reputation: 238

Re: stronk games

Postby sh4zbot » 10 Dec 2014 00:07

Aa_Melon wrote:Thermal scopes are quite common in military base, both irl and ingame


The question of why you would cry about mosin in SA (which you would find to be balanced if u played more than 20 hours) when you have even more overpowered guns compared to the usual guns in the mod (if its DMR or thermal sights) still stands though.
  • 0

sh4zbot

Member
Member
 
Posts: 77
Reputation: 37

Re: stronk games

Postby AaMelon » 10 Dec 2014 00:24

sh4zbot wrote:
Aa_Melon wrote:Thermal scopes are quite common in military base, both irl and ingame


The question of why you would cry about mosin in SA (which you would find to be balanced if u played more than 20 hours) when you have even more overpowered guns compared to the usual guns in the mod (if its DMR or thermal sights) still stands though.


Because innthe mod u have more features to balance the dmr marksman shooting you from the hills, such as ghillie suit or vehicles. And mosin inSA its op because the zeroing its completely fake, they said it themselves and they are fixing it, but it has gone 7 patches now since they said that
  • 0

User avatar
AaMelon

 
Posts: 1575
Location: Norgay
Reputation: 238

Re: stronk games

Postby sh4zbot » 10 Dec 2014 01:30

how are ghillie suits a balance to the dmr? that u cant spot the sniper that fast or what ? what do you mean by completely fake?that mosin doesnt have to be zeroed?
  • 0

sh4zbot

Member
Member
 
Posts: 77
Reputation: 37

Re: stronk games

Postby Xen » 10 Dec 2014 05:50

Aa_Melon wrote:
Xensation wrote:Last time I played I ran around the NWA, was mad it was completely empty, started hopping (something I don't usually do) and at least 10 servers later I had a pistol with no magazine or ammo. Wow, impressive...

About the Zeds, I find it hard enough to hit them at all because of how glitchy they are. No way I can aim for the head or hit them twice. Outrunning them hasn't worked for me in the last 10 patches of the SA either. They lose sight, you're on the other side of the mountain, behind 100 bushes. After 1 minute of looting a house or idling or whatever I hear and see the exact same fucking zed in the distance closing in on me still fucking chasing me. The only way I ever managed to lose the zeds was climb up a ladder to be save and relog. If the zed wouldn't go away, change server.

This shit needs tons of work still...

I also consider the inconsistent loot and zed spawn an issue (and I'm pretty sure it's not working as intended). You often run around for hours with no fucking zeds at all and then you suddenly have 10 of them behind you. It'd be a lot less annoying if you actually had to assume there are zeds everywhere and remain somewhat stealthy to avoid them. If you play stealthy now you're just wasting your time, because getting from A to B takes 10 times as long and there's no zeds anywhere 90%+ of the time anyway. As a result you enable no-brain-mode and get rekt once you happen to find some zeds.

The mod was about 1000 times better than the SA is right now... until fucking hackers ruined it.



E:
I liked it a lot better when pistols and rifles always spawned with at least an empty magazine right next to them. I mean, why the fuck would you find a fucking pistol anywhere and no magazine nearby? why on earth would the guns be A LOT more common than magazines? It makes no sense at all


I do partly agree with you, but not 100%
The reason for why you find more guns than magazines is because most people already have at least one firearm they can carry, magazines are then quite easy to find and most people are actually looting them instead for the guns. Same goes for the bullets.
When it comes to the zeds, they're somewhat glitched but definitely not a bad thing atm.
Also when it comes to DayZ mod and hackers, don't play on official servers. Play on private servers with proper anti-hack system (Tom's anti-hack v3+) or with battleye enabled. Admins tend to be more active and serious there than the official servers, but yeah, hackers do really ruin the fun with all the nukes and shit.


I'm pretty sure the chance of spawning magazines is a lot smaller in the loot tables already. It's not because they're picked up by players.

The zeds are terribad. I really can't think of a single thing that doesn't suck about them. Game's actually a lot better in the period where you see no zeds at all.
  • 0

User avatar
Xen

Autism Officer
Autism Officer
 
Posts: 6059
Reputation: 3019

Re: stronk games

Postby ThunderLeopard » 10 Dec 2014 12:21

I wish they made Zeds a lot better and more of a gameplay challenge instead of a placeholder that it feels like now as it would make the game more interesting.
  • 0

User avatar
ThunderLeopard

 
Posts: 179
Reputation: 118

Re: stronk games

Postby AaMelon » 10 Dec 2014 13:34

sh4zbot wrote:how are ghillie suits a balance to the dmr? that u cant spot the sniper that fast or what ? what do you mean by completely fake?that mosin doesnt have to be zeroed?


It's 100% accuracte when it comes to zeroing with mosin, this however is not like that in Arma 2, I call that BS. Because it never was 100% accurate just because you zeroed it.

Xen, magazines spawn more than guns, bullets spawn even more than magazines, what you're saying is complete BS

Also, with ghillie suit or armored jacket you can simply sneak and play safely against the DMR bandits. Also, there shouldn't be any balance when it comes to guns, it's a mod that is using arma 2 as the main game, arma 2 which is a military hybrid-sim game, you can't expect them to balance guns when irl there are no such a thing called "balancing guns" Wtf man, dmr's are not op, they fit to the game, and they're perfect the way they are.

SA is shit because horribly optimized, in 2013/2014 still not a better engine than the shitty ArmA 2, I call that a FAILED GAME.
Gonna wait for H1Z1, which is 10 times better already
  • 0

Last edited by AaMelon on 10 Dec 2014 14:56, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
AaMelon

 
Posts: 1575
Location: Norgay
Reputation: 238

Re: stronk games

Postby Xen » 10 Dec 2014 14:18

Aa_Melon wrote:
sh4zbot wrote:how are ghillie suits a balance to the dmr? that u cant spot the sniper that fast or what ? what do you mean by completely fake?that mosin doesnt have to be zeroed?


It's 100% accuracte when it comes to zeroing with mosin, this however is not like that in Arma 2, I call that BS. Because it never was 100% accurate just because you zeroed it.

Xen, magazines spawn more than guns, bullets spawn even more than magazines, what you're saying is complete BS

Also, with ghillie suit or armored jacket you can simply sneak and play safely against the DMR bandits. Also, there shouldn't be any fucking balance when it comes to guns, it's a god damn mod that is using arma 2 as the main game, arma 2 which is a military hybrid-sim game, you can't expect them to fucking balance guns when irl there are no such a thing called "balancing guns" Wtf man, dmr's are not op, they fit to the game, and they're perfect the way they are.

SA is shit because horribly optimized, in 2013/2014 still not a better engine than the shitty ArmA 2, I call that a FAILED GAME.
Gonna wait for H1Z1, fucking 10 times better already


Source?
  • 0

User avatar
Xen

Autism Officer
Autism Officer
 
Posts: 6059
Reputation: 3019

Re: stronk games

Postby sh4zbot » 10 Dec 2014 15:37

Mosin on long distances actually drags a bit to the left on long distances(like in real life without a bayonet mounted iirc). so not really 100% accurate. In the mod I never had problems sniping 1k+ meters with an as50 on stationary targets, try an 800m shot with mosin, gl. It is first and foremost a GAME, ofc it should have balance. DMR is a noob gun combining the advantages of a sniper with being able to spam down people even on close distance. In standalone u have camo clothing and now even ghillies aswell, and how do these protect you against thermal sights in the mod?

Right now the game is close to the mod, with its own advantages and disadvantages. I just dont see how u can completely hate the SA(which u apparently havent really played that much) but glorify the mod at the same time.
  • 0

sh4zbot

Member
Member
 
Posts: 77
Reputation: 37

Re: stronk games

Postby AaMelon » 10 Dec 2014 15:55

sh4zbot wrote:Mosin on long distances actually drags a bit to the left on long distances(like in real life without a bayonet mounted iirc). so not really 100% accurate. In the mod I never had problems sniping 1k+ meters with an as50 on stationary targets, try an 800m shot with mosin, gl. It is first and foremost a GAME, ofc it should have balance. DMR is a noob gun combining the advantages of a sniper with being able to spam down people even on close distance. In standalone u have camo clothing and now even ghillies aswell, and how do these protect you against thermal sights in the mod?

Right now the game is close to the mod, with its own advantages and disadvantages. I just dont see how u can completely hate the SA(which u apparently havent really played that much) but glorify the mod at the same time.


Mosin in SA doesn't drag a bit to the left or anything, it's god damn easy to hit stuff.
AS50 is a modern 50 cal sniper and can easily snipe targets from 2k+ meters far away, especially if they're stationary. The game is not balanced and there are no plans to balance it, that's not DayZ. All they try to balance are the vehicles, nothing else. But having the mosin with fantasy accuracy it's lame.
Anyways, this game is still horrible optimized and shit developed compared to the mod. Dean hall should have just kept on developing the mod instead for focusing on the standalone. It's rubbish, and has the worst physics ever. DayZ is dead, all the new 2014 survival games are already beating the shit out of it.
Not to mention the lag, it's a standalone game but it still lags as much as DayZ mod (less than arma 2 due to less latency being used)
  • 0

User avatar
AaMelon

 
Posts: 1575
Location: Norgay
Reputation: 238

Re: stronk games

Postby AaMelon » 10 Dec 2014 16:00

And.. It's true that I haven't played the SA for a while, about 2 months? But I did try it every now and then and nothing new really impressed me. I hope the full release gets much more improved compared to the mod and other apocalypse survival games. Peace out, no more point at arguing as I haven't really played SA a lot compared to you. But I never had any problems with "DMR's" in the mod, neither did I have problems with it in arma 2 which I have 4.8k hours played.
  • 0

User avatar
AaMelon

 
Posts: 1575
Location: Norgay
Reputation: 238

Re: stronk games

Postby sh4zbot » 10 Dec 2014 19:52

dude seriously quit talking out of your ass, go google about mosin dragging in dayz. yes as50 can go 2k+, mosins irl effective range is 800m+, like in the game. you sound like a wot tomato that has played the game for 22hours (yes, not at all) and cries in the forum that the game is shit.

Plus "thats not dayz", very good statement looking at the fact that in the official dayz mod they didnt include many of the guns and vehicles of arma II, yes, they even removed some of the most OP guns for BALANCING(AS50, m107,L85A2 AWS).

now all is said I guess :P
  • 0

sh4zbot

Member
Member
 
Posts: 77
Reputation: 37

Re: stronk games

Postby AaMelon » 10 Dec 2014 20:03

sh4zbot wrote:dude seriously quit talking out of your ass, go google about mosin dragging in dayz. yes as50 can go 2k+, mosins irl effective range is 800m+, like in the game. you sound like a wot tomato that has played the game for 22hours (yes, not at all) and cries in the forum that the game is shit.

Plus "thats not dayz", very good statement looking at the fact that in the official dayz mod they didnt include many of the guns and vehicles of arma II, yes, they even removed some of the most OP guns for BALANCING(AS50, m107,L85A2 AWS).

now all is said I guess :P


Google? Are you fucking serious? I have 78 hours played in DayZ SA and I can clearly fucking state whatever the fuck I experienced. If you can fucking hit shit for more than 300m+ with a mosin accuractely then it's definitely not god damn realistic, this weapon is a bolt-action rifle that has high recoil, hip fire & huge muzzle effect. It was used because it could fit the 7,62 Russian that did heavy damage, but it barely ever hit anything.
+ DayZ mod DID include many of the guns and vehicles from arma 2, what the actual fuck did you even play? All the vehicles from farm to industrial to military are all taken from the ArmA 2 game & its DLC's such as OA and PMC.
And no, the official (first mod) hasn't removed any AS50, m107 or any bs you are saying, all they did was increase the rarity of finding AWS for different military rifles.
  • 0

User avatar
AaMelon

 
Posts: 1575
Location: Norgay
Reputation: 238

Re: stronk games

Postby H311fi5h » 10 Dec 2014 20:06

You know that Simo Häyhä killed hundreds of Sovjets with his Mosin with iron sights only, right? That rifle can certainly hit on 300m+ with very good accuracy irl. No idea about the game though.
  • 0

User avatar
H311fi5h

Commander
Commander
 
Posts: 3257
Reputation: 2215

Re: stronk games

Postby AaMelon » 10 Dec 2014 20:16

that was a modified rifle, this one isn't

Also, the rifle couldn't hit anything further away than 1km, something that is SO easy and possible in this game.
  • 0

User avatar
AaMelon

 
Posts: 1575
Location: Norgay
Reputation: 238

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


Reputation System ©'