Login or register with Wargaming Account

Evolve

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Evolve

Postby LarryLegend0815 » 19 Jan 2015 19:44

Anyone planning to buy/play this when it comes out? Release is 10.02. and you can get a key for less than 30€ atm.

LarryLegend0815

Re: Evolve

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » 19 Jan 2015 20:04

The commercial is bugging the hell out of me already on twitch... I am at that point to shove €30 in their direction to make it stop :)

SYN_Kollwitz

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby AaMelon » 19 Jan 2015 20:05

Yes, btw this game uses cryengine. :dealwithit:

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby sh4zbot » 19 Jan 2015 20:26

The first game ever I preordered. played big alpha and now closed beta. Beta is kinda lame because one monster is pretty unbalanced right now(wraith), so everyone is playing it. playing mm solo as a hunter can be really frustrating aswell, as soon as 1 hunter doesnt know what to do u basically lost (if the monster is half decent). With friends though its a really fun game to play

sh4zbot

Postby AaMelon » 19 Jan 2015 20:36

Yep, I think playing solo is not a smart idea. The concept behind this game is co-op with friends after all C:

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby sh4zbot » 19 Jan 2015 20:51

well, so was l4d1/2 a co-op/teamplay game, still you could carry the pubbies to victory when playing solo. This though takes teamplay to a whole new level since everyone is so specialized that u cant negate the lack of skill of your mates on your own .

sh4zbot

Postby Pastaiolo » 19 Jan 2015 21:34

Hmmmm, don't like futuristic games :P

Pastaiolo

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Xen » 19 Jan 2015 22:56

what is this game about?

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby AaMelon » 19 Jan 2015 23:02

Xensation wrote:what is this game about?

4 Players are sent out in the forest/jungle where their goal is to hunt down one specific monster that is player controlled (You can play competitive or just casual mode)

So it's basically 4v1.
There are respawns but there's also a long timer. If all players are dead then the monster wins, or if the monster destroys a generator that the survivors has to protect.
Now it sounds really imbalanced doesn't it? Well it's actually not.

In the beginning of the game the monster is quite weak and it has to eat and hunt for other creatures to evolve pretty much, per stage makes the monster stronger, tougher, bigger and scarier. The monster can leave footprints and scare away birds which will reveal it's location for the hunters.
The monster also has a time limit (can't remember for how long) and if the timer runs out the hunters win...
The hunters can kill these so called "creatures or mini monsters, but there are also mini-bosses and crocodiles which are dangerous" but they can also get killed by them.

It's CO-OP, PVP and pretty much "Search & Destroy" for the monster.
Watch videos for more info ;D
It's quite fun O:)

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby ShrubberyCollector » 19 Jan 2015 23:10

This is one of the view games i would actually go for if i had the money to afford the hardware.
:tomatard:

ShrubberyCollector

Postby Xen » 20 Jan 2015 00:26

where do i get it : <

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby ShrubberyCollector » 20 Jan 2015 00:32

steam, preorder

ShrubberyCollector

Postby burnzilla » 20 Jan 2015 09:36

i played the closed beta and alpha, but i still can't decide.

ofc it is quite amusing from time to time so far i only played monster solo and together with 3 friends hunters, but no evacuation.
nevertheless the lack of content for 50€ and price of upcoming dlc's is scaring me. there are only 3 monsters atm and dunno 8-12 hunters
( some are already useless like bucket f.e.) and new monsters will cost 15€ per monster and new hunters 8€...which is waaaaay too much if u ask me...

imo this is the same as titanfall. pretty fun from time to time, but not worth even 30€ due to lack of content and long time motivation...

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby AaMelon » 20 Jan 2015 09:49

There is so much hype for this game, but I think when the release is out it will end like titanfall and destiny after a few months. Id say its not worth 50 bucks, i would have waited for at least a 10%+ discount

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Thoryk » 20 Jan 2015 10:00

burnzilla wrote:i played the closed beta and alpha, but i still can't decide.

ofc it is quite amusing from time to time so far i only played monster solo and together with 3 friends hunters, but no evacuation.
nevertheless the lack of content for 50€ and price of upcoming dlc's is scaring me. there are only 3 monsters atm and dunno 8-12 hunters
( some are already useless like bucket f.e.) and new monsters will cost 15€ per monster and new hunters 8€...which is waaaaay too much if u ask me...

imo this is the same as titanfall. pretty fun from time to time, but not worth even 30€ due to lack of content and long time motivation...

I was about to buy it. Thanks for the insight burnzilla.

Thoryk
IDEAL Propaganda Minister
Thoryk

Officer
Officer

Postby LarryLegend0815 » 20 Jan 2015 10:52

Xensation wrote:where do i get it : <

http://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-evolve-cd-key-compare-prices/

EDIT: i dont think it will end like titanfail. they wont have different servers for dlc players and Evolve isnt realeased by EA. :P I didnt know about those prices for future monsters and hunter. seems absurdly high. you have a source for those prices?

EDIT II: Thats what you get for free when they release the dlc if you pre-order.

otherwise it will be availabe in in spring for 14.99. LOL. thats absurd.

LarryLegend0815

Postby wetlioN » 20 Jan 2015 11:18

burnzilla wrote:imo this is the same as titanfall. pretty fun from time to time, but not worth even 30€ due to lack of content and long time motivation...

without having played it thats what i think

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby LarryLegend0815 » 20 Jan 2015 13:09

burnzilla wrote:i played the closed beta and alpha, but i still can't decide.

first of all you dont have to buy the dlcs or you just wait till they are down to a price you feel comfortable with. also i dont get the lack of content argument.

if you preorder for ~ 30euro you get:

3 (+ Behemoth) monster
12 hunter
4 game modes (hunt, rescue, defend and nest) + evacuation ( "campaign mode" ) http://evolvegame.com/news/evolves-evacuation-explained
monster skins ( who cares...)

AAAAND you still get to enjoy the dlcs in the future even if you dont buy them since they wont split the playerpool and you can play alongside or against dlc hunters and against dlc monsters. in addition to that all future dlc maps and modes will be free.

i havent played a second of the game but i read some and watched quite a alot of twitch streamers including some of the devs. im sold.

now the question is to preorder or not to preorder?

pro: I dont feel like spending possibly 15$ on the 4th monster (Behemoth) when it gets released and turning into a giant rock and rolling over hunters sounds like fun.

contra: its better to wait for testing/reviews after the release. teeny-tiny chance the game sells horrible and it will end in a giant clusterfuck like titanfall in a few months.

ill preorder since i think its worth the 30euros and 3 weeks till the release seems plenty of time to fix the few bugs left.

@burnzilla
why do you think bucket is useless?

LarryLegend0815

Postby nkouhoe » 20 Jan 2015 14:21

Its fine for 30 Euros. At least you can play from the beginning then in case activity should go down fast.
I will buy it on discount one day maybe If there are still ppl playing it.

nkouhoe

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby burnzilla » 20 Jan 2015 22:14

LarryLegend0815 wrote:
first of all you dont have to buy the dlcs or you just wait till they are down to a price you feel comfortable with. also i dont get the lack of content argument.

if you preorder for ~ 30euro you get:

3 (+ Behemoth) monster
12 hunter
4 game modes (hunt, rescue, defend and nest) + evacuation ( "campaign mode" ) http://evolvegame.com/news/evolves-evacuation-explained
monster skins ( who cares...)

AAAAND you still get to enjoy the dlcs in the future even if you dont buy them since they wont split the playerpool and you can play alongside or against dlc hunters and against dlc monsters. in addition to that all future dlc maps and modes will be free.

i havent played a second of the game but i read some and watched quite a alot of twitch streamers including some of the devs. im sold.

yeah maybe some time later you can buy the season pass for 30€ in sale which would be a more fair value for all the monsters and hunters.
but let's theoretically say there are 3 monsters coming out this year and 3 hunters. that would already be: 45+24=79 if you purchase them when they come out because u can't wait for a sale.
this would be waaaay more than the actual game D:

preorder on some illegal russian key site ? ;D or where do you get it for 30€ ?

i haven't looked into the other game modes so far but i don't think they will be much different then hunt or at least a major change in gameplay...the monster will like always try to hide and evolve before it shows itself,
just that the focus is maybe not like in hunt to primarily hide, but maybe to evolve asap to track down the hunters in a short time and kill them.

yes you can enjoy the dlc's by looking at them if you haven't bought them, wow ^^
when the game is like 4 months out and you still play it from time to time, i think you are so bored of the same three monsters that you can't bear to just look at the new monster when ingame ;P

edit: bucket is useless because the turrets are really weak (easily destroyed by charge/fire breath, they have a really short range) and he has basically no abilities to help the team ( cc or shielding/health).
that shield from the first support is just unbeatable. lvl1 monster needs to do so much dmg to break the shield. vs good monsters this thing is such a must have...if by chance u get to trap the lvl1 monster he will focus down the trapper and will easily kill him if nobody shields him (medic cant outheal lvl1 monster dmg). this results in the dome getting destroyed and he can easily escape.

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Next

Return to Public Friends' Section