Login or register with Wargaming Account

Thinking about getting a new laptop

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: Thinking about getting a new laptop

Postby gigeli » 06 Jan 2015 23:34

Anyway, I decided now to order the Lenovo when we are able to order it in February. Thanks for the kind advice and comments you all gave to me <3

Melon, in case of things like the product you showed there would by no means meet the criteria to offer a good environment, where all my software for the calculations I would work properly. No judgments, but it also looks like some sort of toy. Paint it pink and you have a perfectly sellable hello kitty product :P.

gigeli

Postby AaMelon » 06 Jan 2015 23:36

gigeli wrote:Anyway, I decided now to order the Lenovo when we are able to order it in February. Thanks for the kind advice and comments you all gave to me <3

Melon, in case of things like the product you showed there would by no means meet the criteria to offer a good environment, where all my software for the calculations I would work properly. No judgments, but it also looks like some sort of toy. Paint it pink and you have a perfectly sellable hello kitty product :P.

Why do you think that? :)
Most IT companies here in Norway starts using it because it's so small and strong at the same time, but yeah I guess lenovo is better for your kind of business
But this is definitely better than mac

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Brati007 » 06 Jan 2015 23:38

Xensation wrote:
Aa_Melon wrote:strong as a mac

that's like saying mean as htse
or friendly as brati
or manly as xen
or laidback as hellfish
or logical as melon

or as true as saying that xen will get a GF sometimes :smug:

or saying that you can work with windows 8.1 :Oo:

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby AaMelon » 06 Jan 2015 23:43

Xen, no hate on macs, but it certainly is true. Check the specs, mac is only good for movie making and more like "status" pc

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby ShrubberyCollector » 06 Jan 2015 23:48

Aa_Melon wrote:Xen, no hate on macs, but it certainly is true. Check the specs, mac is only good for movie making and more like "status" pc

Everybody knows what macs are useful for:

ShrubberyCollector

Postby AaMelon » 06 Jan 2015 23:54

ShrubberyCollector wrote:
Aa_Melon wrote:Xen, no hate on macs, but it certainly is true. Check the specs, mac is only good for movie making and more like "status" pc

Everybody knows what macs are useful for:

I approve this

Here read this if u have interests for it, price might be a little bit too high tho, but its completely modern, 2015 gen no cryengine bs. http://www.pcworld.com/article/2158171/ ... thing.html

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Xen » 07 Jan 2015 04:26

I think you misunderstood

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Xen » 07 Jan 2015 04:33

Microsoft claims eight hours of battery life during casual use, but our own in-house battery tests—which entail a continuous mix of scripted Office use and video playback—brought the Surface Pro 3 to its knees after 4 hours, 18 minutes. That falls short of our result with the smaller Surface Pro 2, which shut down after 4 hours, 44 minutes.

My macbook is a year old and the battery lasts for 8h - 10h+ depending on the definition of "casual use" (office use, easy 10h+; surfing and videos and shit nonstop, 8h). The same notebook running windows 7 or 8 with max energy saving settings gets rekt after half of that (if lucky) and sacrifices computing power due to stupid windows settings.
:tomatard:

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Kolbur » 07 Jan 2015 08:12

Aa_Melon wrote:Instead going for apple products xen... You can go for windows surface instead, very comfortable, small, powerful and portable computer tablet with touch screen (good for drawing)
Works like a pc, looks like an Ipad, strong as a mac, heck I even played wot on med graphics with stable 40 fps x.x
Very good for work!! I recommend it

This is the large version tho

I would get a neck-lock working on that thing (or any other laptop for that matter). :deadseal:
Working on laptop monitors for prolonged times is horribly unergonomic.
Might be better if you can separate the keyboard and put the monitor in a elevated position.

Kolbur

Previous

Return to Public Friends' Section