Login or register with Wargaming Account

Valentine II is not bad!

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Valentine II is not bad!

Postby Daedal__ » 16 Apr 2014 06:13

One day in clan chat I noticed people talking about Valentine II (premium version), well no one did really say anything good about it, I think someone even said he had sold it.

The tank may look like shit, but thats why it has only tier 4 MM I hope anyone that buys it will give it a real chance.
It can really be a fun tank, but I definitely suggest to drive it in platoon, a platoon of 3 of these is great.

I decided to write this because I really do not see it as a that bad tank (at least not when it is platooned).

Ok so to the facts.
Firstly I guess I could give proof that it is not a bad tank by using statistics I guess. While I usually played this tank only in platoon and for doubles the WG missions made me play it quite a bit.
The "fire and water" mission made me play a lot of games in valentine (wanted to finish the mission as I did not know if I will get a chance to play WoT for even once this month).

So by this time I have played 109 battles in this little tank (really do not know but would guess half was in platoon or less) and the results are:
Winrate - 68.8% ; Damage Dealt - 723 ; Frags - 2.28 ; WN8 - 3,482
As I said the tank is really at its best in platoon, but for comparison I would like to put up statistics from yesterday with all games played solo (had to finish "fire and water")
Games - 24 ; Winrate - 70.83% ; Damage dealt - 868 ; Kills - 2.9 ; Credits earned (Net) - 23,275
(Note, I think I did get oneshot by artillery 4 or 5 times yesterday, and crippled fucking hard more times :( )
yesterdays Ammo loadout AP -29 APCR - 32 (all games before it was AP -30 APCR - 31 ( >:D I like subtle changes, actually may change it back to this (do not ask)))
(Note, I do use extra rations, that I have bought on discount earlier)

The point of this topic is not "Hey good tenk to seal club, get it nau!" , nor I am encouraging anyone to buy it.
NO, The point of this topic is that I just heard bad about it in the clan chat, and I wanted to say if you bought it give it a try, and as I said definitely give it a try in a platoon. O and I hope you have at least 100% crew.
Also knowledge of weakspots also help, and knowing what is dangerous.

And if anyone uses binos I say no! Why? Nor your gun is accurate, nor it has great penetration (actually it has really bad pen drop over distance), nor you actually have much ammo (you really tend to almost run out of it). Better use optics, and you also have just excellent cammo on the move (18%)(do not ask why the fuck it has scout cammo... :| )

Daedal__

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Re: Valentine II is not bad!

Postby dUG1 » 16 Apr 2014 09:17

Its not that it is THAT bad, but simply put - B2 is so much better in every aspect while having same MM + IIRC cheaper APCR (which you really need on both tanks).

Still, will give you an invite if you want to pluton with it, because honestly, I cant make myself playing it solo and I want to finish the montly mission.

dUG1

Trial
Trial

Postby Daedal__ » 16 Apr 2014 10:49

dUG1 wrote:Its not that it is THAT bad, but simply put - B2 is so much better in every aspect while having same MM + IIRC cheaper APCR (which you really need on both tanks).

B2 is out of the question just because you cant really get one.
Plus I am not really sure if B2 is better. So lets see.
-)The gun on B2 is better.
-)About the armor its hard to say, both have pros and cons on that, frontally I dare to say valentine is better, especially the turret is much more armored, then again roof armor is better on B2 which is good against arty.
-)Gun depression is better on B2 = -10 (vali has -6).
-)The Hp/ton ratio is better on B2, but Valentine has better terrain resistance values (when driving side by side haven't seen much difference).
-)The view range on valentine is better 350 (330 on B2) and it comes with excellent on the move cammo (even shooting cammo is 5.2% which is better than B2s on the move cammo).
-)Ammo costs are the same, but its true that B2 has 5 points more dmg per shot.-
-)Now in ammo capacity B2 just wins 112 (vali 61).

I am not saying that either of them is better, but it is hard for me to see that vallentine II is so much worse (quoteing "simply put - B2 is so much better in every aspect"), I would rather say that they are comparable, just like russian and chinese IS2 and like Obj 140 and T62a.

dUG1 wrote:Still, will give you an invite if you want to pluton with it, because honestly, I cant make myself playing it solo and I want to finish the montly mission.

First, I have finished the mission (thou does not mean I would not mind playing a few games with it) and second, as written I don't know if I will play tanks this month at all starting from Aprill 16th or 17th (at the moment looks like last day I play will be 17th).

Daedal__

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby H311fi5h » 16 Apr 2014 11:00

Well if you just take the raw stats of the tank, Valentine II is utter crap. But it has tier 4 only matchmaking wich makes it a monster (until you face a matilda and get your ass handed). Use 50%+ gold and it's quite fun. Just don't get hit by a tier 4 arty. One shot on top of the tank and the battle is over for you.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby Daedal__ » 16 Apr 2014 11:08

H311fi5h wrote:Well if you just take the raw stats of the tank, Valentine II is utter crap. But it has tier 4 only matchmaking wich makes it a monster (until you face a matilda and get your ass handed). Use 50%+ gold and it's quite fun. Just don't get hit by a tier 4 arty. One shot on top of the tank and the battle is over for you.

I see no one even bothers with my walls of text :deadseal: (hint, hint, the first post)

Yes, at long range Matilda is absolute pain, but at close range it is a lot better, even more so if you are in a platoon that is talking through TS.
I am more worried about AMX40s Those are a real fucking pain to penetrate. I usually do not even bother if I have any choice (although it is true that I usually skip matildas till the end too). Really the armor that duck tank has is amazing, that is a tank I actually hate to meet the most while in vallentine. Next on the list goes Matilda and then I guess Hetzer, but those can be somewhat dealt with if you get close enough.
And yes arty is a pain (but then again it always is).

Daedal__

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Xen » 16 Apr 2014 11:11

It surely is better than the M3 Lee I played on my NA reroll a week or two ago. :deadseal:

I'd love to engage in a discussion about tier 4 tanks, but I don't know anything about them at all. So, I'm just going to reply to the last paragraph of your OP: Don't take things people moan about too seriously. E.g. I keep hating on the M48 and M60 Pattons, but there are a bunch of people who love them. All is fine as long as people don't say anything bad about my Xenturion and BatChat. >:D

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Chillius » 16 Apr 2014 11:31

Xensation wrote:...
I'd love to engage in a discussion about tier 4 tanks, but I don't know anything about them at all...

In such difficult times, I think to myslef, "ipoo why are you not here to share the knowledge" ;( ... not :trollseal:

Chillius

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Daedal__ » 16 Apr 2014 11:55

Xensation wrote:It surely is better than the M3 Lee I played on my NA reroll a week or two ago. :deadseal:

I'd love to engage in a discussion about tier 4 tanks, but I don't know anything about them at all. So, I'm just going to reply to the last paragraph of your OP: Don't take things people moan about too seriously. E.g. I keep hating on the M48 and M60 Pattons, but there are a bunch of people who love them. All is fine as long as people don't say anything bad about my Xenturion and BatChat. >:D

Oh do not worry, I am not taking this too seriously or taking it in a bad way, the manner in which I write can seem strange, do not pay too much attention to it (then again why do I write it then (that reminds me about one of the reasons why I usually do not write on forums)) and I just thought they should give the tank a chance.
It is just how I do. I can act strangely, take serious thing not too seriously and it goes also the other way as you can see.

And not knowing about low tiers, I see no problem in that, my knowledge is far better in high tiers, its just I somewhat know all the tanks, as long as I have played a tank I know it rather well. And this comparison I made by taking technical data from http://gamemodels3d.com/

And regarding your response, considering what you wrote (quoting "So, I'm just going to reply to the last paragraph of your OP:") all in all I think you are referring to the third paragraph from the end and not the last one >:D otherwise what you said does not really go too well with Binoculars.

Spoiler:
P.S. I dislike M48 and M60 Pattons as well, STB1 and FV4202 are better Pattons that the M48 and M60 except for the fact of the bad stabilisation

Daedal__

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Xen » 16 Apr 2014 12:39

STB1 >>>>> FV4202 >>> M48 >= M60

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby wetlioN » 16 Apr 2014 12:41

why play t4 after all? :deadseal:

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Daedal__ » 16 Apr 2014 13:00

veitileiN wrote:why play t4 after all? :deadseal:

It can be funny with the match making it has for time to time (and at the time I bought it it cost almost nothing with the discount).

And It can be useful for missions.
There was one missions where you needed to get amount of kills and it was at its end with little time left, and this tank helped in it greatly.
And now there was the "Fire and water" mission. I do not wish to play artillery, so the only option are the lights of tier 4 and up and I am not too fond of scout tanks, but that is not the biggest problem, the problems was (as I made it clear enough I hope) I did not have much time, and with Valentine II you can get rather fast battles with high chance of victory, so it was excellent tank for this mission.

Daedal__

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby CandyVanMan » 16 Apr 2014 13:04

There's a tier 4?? :pedoseal:

Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch your opponents, and live like a windrammer as you fuck.
CandyVanMan

Postby tin53 » 06 May 2014 22:46

Daed_ wrote:One day in clan chat I noticed people talking about Valentine II (premium version), well no one did really say anything good about it, I think someone even said he had sold it.

i sold it, b2 besterest :dealwithit:

tin53

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Return to Public Friends' Section