Login or register with Wargaming Account

tank discussion

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: tank discussion

Postby AaMelon » 20 Sep 2014 19:46

veitileiN wrote:thinking about buying 430 FailFish
selling t54 :facepalm:
nothing more to add

Here's a hug

:paris_hilton:

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Bowser_nl » 20 Sep 2014 21:57

Bought the E50m. First game 6.4k dmg and 2k spotting. I think im going to like this thing and made the right choice.

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby Kolbur » 21 Sep 2014 09:05

E50M is not about ramming btw, it's about penning everything with its laser gun and getting bounces like a boss. The ramming is just the cherry on top of this sweet German steel cake.

Kolbur

Postby wetlioN » 25 Sep 2014 08:55

wouldnt it make sense for me to buy the e50 now instead of the new lighttanks? erryone will get em and i can ram lighttanks all day erryday Kreygasm

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Bowser_nl » 25 Sep 2014 09:29

veitileiN wrote:wouldnt it make sense for me to buy the e50 now instead of the new lighttanks? erryone will get em and i can ram lighttanks all day erryday Kreygasm

It's the perfect light tank counter tank. >:D

I wouldn't be able to resist those shiny new lights though.

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby McLinkzorr » 25 Sep 2014 09:29

veitileiN wrote:wouldnt it make sense for me to buy the e50 now instead of the new lighttanks? erryone will get em and i can ram lighttanks all day erryday Kreygasm

This is why i bought E50 few days ago :pedoseal:

McLinkzorr

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Pfuf » 25 Sep 2014 17:16

buy E50 ...you wont regret it <3 <3 <3

Pfuf

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Daedal__ » 26 Sep 2014 00:15

Was curious about the new LT camouflage values so had a look if info is updated, so RU251 great (17.39%), almost same camo as 13-90, T49 also not bad for that size (15.27%).

And then a WTF moment occurs... The T54 light version
Spoiler:
15.22% stationary ; 11.40% on the move
regular T54 has 15.59% stationary ; 11.69% on the move

So it turns out that it not only has tiny bit worse cammo than regular T54 but it also does not receive cammo bonus on the move? Is that really supposed to be an LT? I think WG messed up something.

P.S. anyone got anothere source that verifies or has different values?

Daedal__

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Thoryk » 26 Sep 2014 07:17

Daed_ wrote:Was curious about the new LT camouflage values so had a look if info is updated, so RU251 great (17.39%), almost same camo as 13-90, T49 also not bad for that size (15.27%).

And then a WTF moment occurs... The T54 light version
Spoiler:
15.22% stationary ; 11.40% on the move
regular T54 has 15.59% stationary ; 11.69% on the move

So it turns out that it not only has tiny bit worse cammo than regular T54 but it also does not receive cammo bonus on the move? Is that really supposed to be an LT? I think WG messed up something.

P.S. anyone got anothere source that verifies or has different values?

The only source I know of is: http://www.wotinfo.net/en/camouflage?co ... owLines=30

But they don't have the camo values for the 9.3 lights yet.

Thoryk
IDEAL Propaganda Minister
Thoryk

Officer
Officer

Postby wetlioN » 26 Sep 2014 22:07

:xenisafag:

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Daedal__ » 05 Oct 2014 00:59

Went over the obj 430 buffs and I am not sure to cry or to laugh.

Gun 100 mm U-8TS
Reload time 6.4 ( 6.9 ) Accuracy 0.38 ( 0.35 )
Turret Object 430
Shot dispersion factor 0.12 ( 0.16 )

So you did get a reload time buff of 0.5 sec which may seem great, but still the reload is only by 0.2 sec better than on T62a/obj140 (respectively 6.4 vs 6.6sec)
They also buffed stabilization on turret rotation which is nice, but thats all (and who knows if it actually did gain any much when combined with accuracy nerf).

At the same time we still remain with the worst chassis stabilization (dispersion factor) from soviet meds = 0.14 while T62a has = 0.10 and obj140 has = 0.08 (chassis stabilization as in value for directional movement and rotation).
This as I have heard from people was one of the bigger problems of 430 (and not the reload speed) as you could not make the shots so well while moving and aiming consequently was also longer, also having the worst aim speed out of 3 did not help.

At the same time they nerfed the accuracy, and as we have concluded in the past the aim circle size on the move is result of formula the includes speed, dispersion factor and initial accuracy, so respectively accuracy on the move has got nerfed even more and aim time should too be.

So my conclusion is that the 9.3 patch rebalance of obj430 was in reality a nerf.
Has anyone who had it before tried it after the patch to confirm?
As in right now the only reason to have it is :pokeseal: as the tank is just clearly in the end inferior to its counterparts.
It may not be a bad tank, but there are not really reasons to drive it instead of obj140 or T62a.

Had they buffed chassis stabilization to the level of obj140 in my opinion it could actually may have been worth playing it, and while it would still have worse stabilization than its brothers (due to accuracy nerf), that may have been good enough in combination with the other buffs.

Daedal__

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby H311fi5h » 05 Oct 2014 01:23

There is still no reason to pick it over the T-62A (140 plays a little different because it has better gun depression). I played about 5 games with the 430 after the patch and I still think it just doesn't cut it.
With the better hull armor and higher DPM it could be the champion of close range combat, but T-62A features more hp (it's only 50, but this is actually quite significant when fighting a batchat; chance of getting oneclipped is much smaller) and most important, the much better turret. When fighting on flat ground (remember, no improved gun depression unlike 140) you will get shot in the turret roof over and over again. With the T-62A I can take cover behind a wreck or some other small obstacle, don't even try with the 430, they are going to pen your paper roof all day. Sidescraping really is the only thing the 430 is better for, but I don't need DPM to do that. For everything that isn't close range work both T-62A and 140 are ten times better anyway.
I'm probably still going to play it from time to time to add some variety. It is not unplayable, sometimes the armor can save your ass but it's very random. Overall the 430 is just the worst from two worlds. T-62A's bad gun depression, 140's bad turret and some more bad things (accuracy, the dispersion) for minor advantages, that make no practical difference.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby Swoopie » 05 Oct 2014 02:27

T57 Heavy Tank:
  • Dispersion on the move for T97 suspension increased by 25%.
  • Dispersion on hull traverse for T97 suspension increased by 25%.
  • Aiming time for 120 mm Gun T179 for T169 turret changed from 2.7 s to 2.9 s.
  • Dispersion on turret traverse for 120 mm Gun T179 increased by 29%.

How badly do these nerfs affect the T57? If it's bad, I might consider selling it and save money for T62A/E5 (This way I'd have a crew for E5 too) or E50 instead. IIRC I bought the tank while it was -30% so the loss is only ~1m.

Swoopie

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby H311fi5h » 05 Oct 2014 02:48

The nerfs mean the T57 got overtaken by the 50B in the medium to long range fire support role. When deployed for close range DPM it remains the number one choice with its untouched protection and firepower. In Clan Wars and other tier 10 competitive modes it will still be used, but we are going to see 50B's more frequently than before. In random battles the T57 is still a very powerful tank. It struggles a little on very open maps but once you find your way into close combat it can punch just like before. If you keep this in mind and avoid long range shootouts I don't see a reason to sell it.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby Brati007 » 05 Oct 2014 03:14

Swoopie wrote:T57 Heavy Tank:
  • Dispersion on the move for T97 suspension increased by 25%.
  • Dispersion on hull traverse for T97 suspension increased by 25%.
  • Aiming time for 120 mm Gun T179 for T169 turret changed from 2.7 s to 2.9 s.
  • Dispersion on turret traverse for 120 mm Gun T179 increased by 29%.

How badly do these nerfs affect the T57? If it's bad, I might consider selling it and save money for T62A/E5 (This way I'd have a crew for E5 too) or E50 instead. IIRC I bought the tank while it was -30% so the loss is only ~1m.

the nerf is hard and compared to the buff of the 50b the advantages of t57 get down to melee fight only, snap shoting and sniping is no fun with this thing anymore

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby wetlioN » 05 Oct 2014 10:37

Daed_ wrote:Went over the obj 430 buffs and I am not sure to cry or to laugh.

Gun 100 mm U-8TS
Reload time 6.4 ( 6.9 ) Accuracy 0.38 ( 0.35 )
Turret Object 430
Shot dispersion factor 0.12 ( 0.16 )

So you did get a reload time buff of 0.5 sec which may seem great, but still the reload is only by 0.2 sec better than on T62a/obj140 (respectively 6.4 vs 6.6sec)
They also buffed stabilization on turret rotation which is nice, but thats all (and who knows if it actually did gain any much when combined with accuracy nerf).

At the same time we still remain with the worst chassis stabilization (dispersion factor) from soviet meds = 0.14 while T62a has = 0.10 and obj140 has = 0.08 (chassis stabilization as in value for directional movement and rotation).
This as I have heard from people was one of the bigger problems of 430 (and not the reload speed) as you could not make the shots so well while moving and aiming consequently was also longer, also having the worst aim speed out of 3 did not help.

At the same time they nerfed the accuracy, and as we have concluded in the past the aim circle size on the move is result of formula the includes speed, dispersion factor and initial accuracy, so respectively accuracy on the move has got nerfed even more and aim time should too be.

So my conclusion is that the 9.3 patch rebalance of obj430 was in reality a nerf.
Has anyone who had it before tried it after the patch to confirm?
As in right now the only reason to have it is :pokeseal: as the tank is just clearly in the end inferior to its counterparts.
It may not be a bad tank, but there are not really reasons to drive it instead of obj140 or T62a.

Had they buffed chassis stabilization to the level of obj140 in my opinion it could actually may have been worth playing it, and while it would still have worse stabilization than its brothers (due to accuracy nerf), that may have been good enough in combination with the other buffs.

melon pls read dis. gud summary of the useless 430 :likeasear:

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby AaMelon » 05 Oct 2014 10:45

idk about you but I can easily snipe while enjoying it. I never get spotted while doing it so.
The camo value is a beauty on this thing. It should have received an armor buff tho instead for dpm.

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Sekundenkleber » 05 Oct 2014 13:53

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but will the KV-1S still be used for competitive T6 stuff?

EDIT: by KV-1S i mean the new KV-85

"There is no way he preaimed here. There is like literally no way any sane fucking person would have preaimed here." - SirFoch 2014
Sekundenkleber

Postby Swoopie » 05 Oct 2014 14:27

Sekundenkleber wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed already, but will the KV-1S still be used for competitive T6 stuff?

Haven't tried it myself but heard that the gun control on the 100mm is much better than on the old 122mm. So based on that I'd say they're still useful alongside Cromwells and some other stuff.

And I'll probably sell the T57, and get the E5 back. Been wanting a tank which can actually brawl, and now I have a chance to get one.

Swoopie

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby AaMelon » 05 Oct 2014 14:43

Swoopie wrote:
Sekundenkleber wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed already, but will the KV-1S still be used for competitive T6 stuff?

Haven't tried it myself but heard that the gun control on the 100mm is much better than on the old 122mm. So based on that I'd say they're still useful alongside Cromwells and some other stuff.

And I'll probably sell the T57, and get the E5 back. Been wanting a tank which can actually brawl, and now I have a chance to get one.

why sell a t10?
Btw T57 heavy is still awesome

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section