Login or register with Wargaming Account

tank discussion

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Commander, Officer

Re: tank discussion

Postby H311fi5h » 18 Nov 2015 15:23

Gun mantlet could have 9000 armor for all I care. No one is ever gonna shoot it when you can just pen the turret cheeks.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby Dr_Oolen » 18 Nov 2015 15:54

Tjappi0 wrote:"Maus: increased the armor protection of some sections of the gun mantlet."

Can somone post a screenshot with the new armor values? Compared to the old model?
looked at it, failed to see any "significant changes" and by significant i mean more than 10 mm effective at places. But basically the small gun no longer has any features in the collision model under it (was at places 240-250 effective in that area) now theres ~260 effective mostly, but 240 is still at some spots.

EDIT:
- The lowes mantlet tho is way better, no longer has 160 around gun and has in general 100+ more everywhere on the mantlet/gun.
- IS8 - frontally +0-10 on both ufp and lfp (ufp is more uniform - no longer jumps from 210 to 240 effective in space of several centimeters), sides are better above tracks and spaced armor, but a significantly weaker at the spaced armor (flat on wont be eating any AP/APCR anymore), turret no longer frontally penetrable with < 270 pen
- JP2 - lfp same, ufp the same, superstructure the same, but around gun way worse.
- Tiger 2 - LFP better by +- 30 mm effective, ufp by 10-15, cupola by +- 15. <- scratch that, had HEAT as ammo in the 9.12 version, is actually only 5 mm effective better on ufp (if at all better).
- T34 - lfp at places 20-30 mm effective more, ufp about the same, but has extra armor where tracks are, turret pretty much the same stuff, only cupola harder to hit

Dr_Oolen

Officer
Officer

Postby Daedal__ » 18 Nov 2015 18:35

H311fi5h wrote:Gun mantlet could have 9000 armor for all I care. No one is ever gonna shoot it when you can just pen the turret cheeks.

Yeah, well if you angle the turret they could not pen the cheeks, point being, the reason why they changed mantlet is because (since I guess HD) Maus could be penned through mantlet if you angled the turret. So if you turned the turret to the wrong side those who know would pen mouse if he angle turret or not..

Daedal__

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Marliini » 15 Dec 2015 10:27

Czechoslovakian tanks? What is going to be their thing?

'Flanking with the JP E-100 is easier and faster' Lion, beach of Overlord, 27/06/2021
Marliini

Postby hypnotoes » 15 Dec 2015 11:01

Marliini wrote:Czechoslovakian tanks? What is going to be their thing?

RitaGamer wrote:They split into 2 upon ammorack explosion. '89 production models that is.
Feature is being tested and should be available in 9.16

hypnotoes

Postby dfx » 15 Dec 2015 11:07

T9/T10 autoloader with 4 shells (320 dmg each), 22 s reload but with 1,5s between the shots, which is pretty nice. The big con is the low pen (248 mm). Overall, fun vehicle to play. I'm gonna skip the lowtiers anyways.

dfx

Postby Dr_Oolen » 15 Dec 2015 11:42

Marliini wrote:Czechoslovakian tanks? What is going to be their thing?
Up to t8, including, their thing is being mediocre tanks worthy of free xp. T9-10 are fun tonks with rather unique gameplay which in theory is opie (fast reload and unload on small clip on very maneuvrable and mobile tonks with quite nice gun depression and not abyssmal gun handling) but in practise will be balanced by the corridor meta and very poor pen, especially at range because their apcr shells drop more pen than shells of every other t9-10 med. Basically at 400+ meters dont expect to pen unangled side of e100, maus, definitely wont pen unangled lfp of e100/is7/e75 (that not even at 50 meters), t10 is immune frontally to those shells at range, is3/tiger 2/t54 will bounce that tank frontally very often at range unangled... i guess you get the idea. So yeah, the pen WILL be pain in the ass, but the other positives will make up for that (or heat, but that has "only" 310 pen, so its not gonna be reliable either and its the slowest heat on t10 meds, along with russian meds at 900 m/s, the apcr is also the slowest of all t10 meds).

After the last 3 additions (brit TDs, french meds, jap heavies) to the tech trees i think this is finally something that is worth grinding and getting.

Dr_Oolen

Officer
Officer

Postby H311fi5h » 16 Dec 2015 00:22

Played Leo PTA on Russian server earlier today. So fucking amazing in 9.13, holy shit. Must rebuy.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby wetlioN » 16 Dec 2015 00:24

H311fi5h wrote:Played Leo PTA on Russian server earlier today. So fucking amazing in 9.13, holy shit. Must rebuy.

what got improved? its already pretty gud.

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby H311fi5h » 16 Dec 2015 00:27

Accuracy loss of the gun from moving for suspension Leopard Prototyp A1 reduced by 9%.
Accuracy loss of the gun from traversing for suspension Leopard Prototyp A1 reduced by 9%.
Accuracy loss of the gun from moving for suspension Leopard Prototyp A2 reduced by 10%.
Accuracy loss of the gun from traversing for suspension Leopard Prototyp A2 reduced by 10%.
Aiming time of the gun 10,5 cm L7A1 for turret Porsche Standardpanzer reduced from 2,3 to 2,1 seconds
Reload time of the gun 10,5 cm L7A1 for turret Porsche Standardpanzer reduced from 11,1 to 10,3 seconds
Accuracy loss of the gun 10,5 cm L7A1 from rotating the turret reduced by 12%.
Turret traverse rate Porsche Standardpanzer improved from 36 to 37 deg/s.
Hitpoints improved from 1650 to 1700 units

Reload with everything is 8,15 seconds. And you hit on the move pretty ok-ish.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby wetlioN » 16 Dec 2015 00:33

H311fi5h wrote:Accuracy loss of the gun from moving for suspension Leopard Prototyp A1 reduced by 9%.
Accuracy loss of the gun from traversing for suspension Leopard Prototyp A1 reduced by 9%.
Accuracy loss of the gun from moving for suspension Leopard Prototyp A2 reduced by 10%.
Accuracy loss of the gun from traversing for suspension Leopard Prototyp A2 reduced by 10%.
Aiming time of the gun 10,5 cm L7A1 for turret Porsche Standardpanzer reduced from 2,3 to 2,1 seconds
Reload time of the gun 10,5 cm L7A1 for turret Porsche Standardpanzer reduced from 11,1 to 10,3 seconds
Accuracy loss of the gun 10,5 cm L7A1 from rotating the turret reduced by 12%.
Turret traverse rate Porsche Standardpanzer improved from 36 to 37 deg/s.
Hitpoints improved from 1650 to 1700 units

Reload with everything is 8,15 seconds. And you hit on the move pretty ok-ish.

my wn8 will like it Kreygasm

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Dr_Oolen » 16 Dec 2015 00:43

many tonks in 9.13 are really making me wanna buy/rebuy them Kreygasm

t10, m48, leotard

but no crews :(

Dr_Oolen

Officer
Officer

Postby BoogieM » 16 Dec 2015 10:43

Damn it... I was so close to get my 2nd Senior Technical Engineer ... only the Type 5 was left.
Now I have to start another line :( #justMasterGrinderProblems

BoogieM

Postby wetlioN » 16 Dec 2015 11:33

played pta twice Kreygasm

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Winter » 23 Dec 2015 00:00

Let's talk Czech shall we?

Tier 1-4, who the fuck plays that, it's not that much free xp.

Tier 5: horrible DPM, possibly the worst at tier 5 and no armour so all derp guns fuck it over. Traverse is ok is the best thing I can say about it.

Tier 6: slower than tier 5, at least at turning etc. 3 shell autoloader with 130 damage per shot makes it ok to grind, pretty OP for camping in a platoon/SH.

Tier 7: Gun is decent, need to fully aim though. Has the actual T-34 hull so 45 armour all-round will get fucked by arty. Also, pretty slow. Suffers from tier 7 syndrome in general, as in that it sucks against higher tiers.
Tier 8: :tomatard: (module damage, low top speed for a paper brick, bad camo, relatively bad gun, bad viewrange)

Spoiler:
Winter

Postby McMokka » 23 Dec 2015 02:37

Winter wrote:Let's talk Czech shall we?

Tier 1-4, who the fuck plays that, it's not that much free xp.

Tier 5: horrible DPM, possibly the worst at tier 5 and no armour so all derp guns fuck it over. Traverse is ok is the best thing I can say about it.

Tier 6: slower than tier 5, at least at turning etc. 3 shell autoloader with 130 damage per shot makes it ok to grind, pretty OP for camping in a platoon/SH.

Tier 7: Gun is decent, need to fully aim though. Has the actual T-34 hull so 45 armour all-round will get fucked by arty. Also, pretty slow. Suffers from tier 7 syndrome in general, as in that it sucks against higher tiers.
Tier 8: :tomatard: (module damage, low top speed for a paper brick, bad camo, relatively bad gun, bad viewrange)

My experience so far:

Skip Tier 1-5 cause rich bitch :dwi:

Tier 6 was really good in my opinion. Combination of basically 390 alpha with fast aimtime and 10° gundepression is really strong in Tier 6. Gets fucked by Derps, though.

Tier 7 was disappointing at first, but you gotta love the gun, which is pretty strong for a Tier 7 (175/250 Pen). As Winter said, only fully aimed, though.

Tier 8: Gotta be the tank I hate the most in the entire game. It just feels so weak compared to other tanks.
You have no armor.
Your mobility is not bad, but also by far not outstanding, feels sluggish like the tier 7.
You have 6° of Gundepression combined with your non existent armor, so you are not even flexible using your gun.
The gun is the strongest point of this tank. The performance is good, ok on the move, with quick aiming and nice dispersion. BUT if you compare it to other non-armored tanks on Tier 8, it just feels so... lacking.
Indienpanzer, STA-1 or 2, Panther 2, Panther 88, CDC.... You name it. All squishy support tanks, but they all get the same or better mobility (excluding Panther 2), way better guns with better penetration, more Gundepression....
The lacking of the pen fucks you over. 237 with APCR feels so weak against Tier 9 and Tier 10.
And even in Tier 8 you do not have the feeling "great, now I can carry", your first thought is "great, I can do SOME damage".
I do not understand how this tank was implemented like that, when it loses the comparison with its counterparts so obviously...
Ended up rageskipping it...

Tier 9: Really strong tank, once it is fully equipped. I had a streak of bad games lately, thus my bad avg dmg, but I am pretty positive this will turn out just fine. You get gundepression, the Gun is REALLY quick aiming, not as snapshot capable as I thought, but hey, you can not have everything. Also really nice mobility, the stock engine gives you roughly the mobility of an elite Tier 9 Patton, which is already not bad, but as soon as you get the 250hp upgrade...
Can't wait for the Tier 10.

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Winter » 23 Dec 2015 18:09

It's actually worth considering keeping the stock turret on the tier 8, gives you extra depression/elevation -2/+5 (with the 8.8 at least).

This will however cost you 100 health, 10m viewrange, tiny bit of reload time and a bit of dispersion on turret traverse. The armour is also better on the stock turret but it's still like 120 effective so it will never bounce anything.

Spoiler:
Winter

Postby Speshul_Snowflake » 24 Dec 2015 12:55

Do you guys think the Patton KR is worth buying? And would it be a legit tank for strongholds?

Speshul_Snowflake

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Winter » 24 Dec 2015 13:29

Seems like a decent tank but considering the lack of use for meds in SH and the fact that it has a weaker turret than the pershing, I don't think it will be useful for SH.

Spoiler:
Winter

Postby wetlioN » 24 Dec 2015 13:33

Katharsis wrote:Do you guys think the Patton KR is worth buying? And would it be a legit tank for strongholds?

>no is3
>not legit

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section