Login or register with Wargaming Account

tank discussion

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: Tanks discussions

Postby wetlioN » 13 Nov 2015 20:11

NoSkillJustLuck_ wrote:My thoughts on the Centurion Action X

After playing the AX on the testserver (keep this in mind, because you know, all those people going full retard mode on testserver, spamming gold etc...) I want to share my current thoughts on it:

I'll start with the gun:
The gun felt pretty decent. The dpm is not bad (7.42s reload with rammer but no BiA or food), it has 268 pen with APCR and the standard 330 pen HEAT and good accuracy (0.32). The aim time is also ok (2.1s) and I did some good shots on the move :SOA:

Armor:
The armor is mediocre: The hull didn't bounce anything. The turret however can be bouncy, especially if you use the 10 degrees of gun depression. Nevertheless I wouldn't rely on it.
I can't say anything about sidescraping though, as I haven't done that so far.

Mobility:
The AX is definitly one of the slower mediums, but due to its quite good power-to-weight ratio (~19) it reaches the top speed of 53 pretty easily, climbing hills is not too bad in this tank and the soft stats don't seem to fuck it up. Turning the tank felt quite sluggish though. I'd say the mobilty is ok. (I think it's at least faster than the FV4202, isn't it?)

Things that bothered me were first the ammorack, wich was damaged quite often and secondly I had the impression that the tank is quite big, whereat the lenght bothered me more than the height.

All in all the AX performed pretty good and was fun in the few games I played in it - I might actually research it on the live server. Since I have never played the FV4202 I cannot compare it to the AX and tell if it's a good replacement, but looking at the AX alone I'd say it's a good, competitive tank :sealdier:

I know this is not the most detailed review ever, but I just felt like sharing my thoughts :)
What do you guys think about this tank? Have you played it so far?

gonna buy it, i think its decent. no russian bias but ok

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Re: tank discussion

Postby McMokka » 13 Nov 2015 21:19

Gunhandling is comparable to the FV, besides the different ammo.
Mobility is actually rather good, the topspeed is somewhat lowish, but hillclimbing and soft terrain passability is good.
Turret is a bit better than the FVs (at least as far as I can tell), but way worse hull (obviously)
I think it is a decent replacement, feels more or less like the STB with worse turret but better gunperformance.

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby fjellreven_ » 14 Nov 2015 01:40

I have a special interest in the Centurion AX, after all I have "only" played some 3800 games in the Centurion 7/1 heh. I wrote a first impression of the Centurion AX on reddit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/c ... pressions/

I think overall the Centurion AX is a clear upgrade from the FV4202 on pretty much every account, and I think it is going to be a fun tank to drive. But when you really need to play hard, it does not compete with the ruski meds mainly because of armor and gun handling. In other words, not CW material. But a fun tank for randoms. I will probably rack up quite a few games in randoms with the new Centurion. Really looking forward to it. :)

fjellreven_

Postby Tjappi0 » 14 Nov 2015 11:53

I think it sucks that it gets HEAT instead of HESH,
Imo heat = HAA and hesh isn't, I loved the lower pen for more damage on frenchies and everything else paper.

What's the standard pen for HE now? Is it still 105?

AP is love, AP is life!
Tjappi0

Postby wetlioN » 14 Nov 2015 12:06

Tjappi0 wrote:I think it sucks that it gets HEAT instead of HESH,
Imo heat = HAA and hesh isn't, I loved the lower pen for more damage on frenchies and everything else paper.

What's the standard pen for HE now? Is it still 105?

i agree that if every med had hesh over heat i would like it more too.

but since every other med has heat the fv was just never up to par to them. heat makes all the difference

#loadskillammo

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Xen » 14 Nov 2015 12:28

No idwa why they didnt give the AX the gold hesh as standard HE instead. It's not like it's OP anyway, would just make that tank unique and give it something that it has above other meds...

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Tjappi0 » 14 Nov 2015 12:32

PENTA_veitileiN wrote:i agree that if every med had hesh over heat i would like it more too.
but since every other med has heat the fv was just never up to par to them. heat makes all the difference

#loadskillammo

Is there any reasoning why WG decided to change it? It is still the same gun right?
So why make every t10 med a heat spamming mr sexiі?
The original 4202 had hesh, I wonder if it keeps the hesh on T8?
#getskill

Xensation wrote:No idwa why they didnt give the AX the gold hesh as standard HE instead. It's not like it's OP anyway, would just make that tank unique and give it something that it has above other meds...

This ^

AP is love, AP is life!
Tjappi0

Postby Deekay_ » 17 Nov 2015 10:11

So, what's a better pick?
907/m60/t95e6/vk7201
Strongly inclined towards 907 or m60. So indecisive ;_;

Deekay_

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby wetlioN » 17 Nov 2015 10:38

if youre a complete pleb and dont have any CW t10 then go for 907 or m60, depending on you taste. 907 is still better than m60 though.

be warned that those are just copy pasta tanks whereas the vk and the new ameriturd medium are more speciul and standing out.

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby McMokka » 17 Nov 2015 10:42

Already got the 907, so it will be one of the american meds. If the T95E6 stays like this, it will be the M60.
The VK is funny but for halfway competent opponents your weakspots are obvious. no sidescrapping because of the round shaped hull below the turret. way more mobile than the E100 though.
The 907 is a 140 with worse gunhandling, slightly better mobility and trollish armor, but blows up like there were 72 virgins for it in heaven.
M60 a Patton with less armor and better gunhandling.
So if you don't have them in your garage so far I would go for either 907 or M60.

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby fjellreven_ » 17 Nov 2015 18:17

Looky looky:

http://tanks.gg/en/wot/t95e6#tab:details.compare:m60

The only thing the T95E6 does better than the M60, is taking shots in the face outside the gun manlet. Other than that, it is worse in every single category:

- The tumor on the T95E6 is not just larger than the M60's, oh no, it's thinner as well - to the point where many of your opponents can pen it with HE and HESH; 50-60 mm.
- The bloom values of the T95E6 are terrible for moving and hull traverse.
- It has much worse HP/ton and worse terrain resistance values!
- Worse turret and hull traverse speed.
- DPM is worse.
- AP instead of APCR, so shell velocity is the same an an T110E5

My guess is that the T95E6 makes more sense when you compare it to the T110E5. It will probably move more like an T110E5. But with no armor, and a tumor on the turret that has 3 times more surface area and 50-60 mm of armor thickness. The terrible mobility will make the terrible bloom values of the gun ... serviceable I guess.

If the T95E6 stays in its current form, well, it is certainly the big brother of the T95E2 in all possible manners. Be warned.

tl;dr

Take away mobility, gun handling, armor and DPM from the M60. Voila, T95E6.

fjellreven_

Postby RedlineRailgunningRemmel » 17 Nov 2015 18:38

I knew it would suck, can't give away a free decent t10 can we.

RedlineRailgunningRemmel

Postby wetlioN » 17 Nov 2015 19:04

they need to buff that shit

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Sekundenkleber » 17 Nov 2015 19:42

M60 is the rarest tank, so get M60

"There is no way he preaimed here. There is like literally no way any sane fucking person would have preaimed here." - SirFoch 2014
Sekundenkleber

Postby Swoopie » 17 Nov 2015 20:10

Sekundenkleber wrote:M60 is the rarest tank, so get M60

But how is it going to be the rarest if you advice everyone to get it?

I think this is just your evil plan to get more bobs playing M60 so you can 3mark it :eggplant:

Swoopie

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Winter » 17 Nov 2015 20:22

Bit biased because I don't have a 907 but imho the ranking for those campaign tanks:
1. 907
2. M60
3. VK7201
4. Not bothering with the campaign at all (if just played for tank)
5. Current T95E6

Spoiler:
Winter

Postby wetlioN » 17 Nov 2015 20:36

Winter wrote:Bit biased because I don't have a 907 but imho the ranking for those campaign tanks:
1. 907
2. M60
3. VK7201
4. Not bothering with the campaign at all (if just played for tank)
5. Current T95E6

/sign

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Sekundenkleber » 17 Nov 2015 22:33

but 907 is exactly like 140 and gets ammoracked 24/7.... so play 140 instead DansGame

"There is no way he preaimed here. There is like literally no way any sane fucking person would have preaimed here." - SirFoch 2014
Sekundenkleber

Postby wetlioN » 17 Nov 2015 23:43

Sekundenkleber wrote:but 907 is exactly like 140 and gets ammoracked 24/7.... so play 140 instead DansGame

better dpm and trollish armor

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Tjappi0 » 18 Nov 2015 14:40

"Maus: increased the armor protection of some sections of the gun mantlet."

Can somone post a screenshot with the new armor values? Compared to the old model?

AP is love, AP is life!
Tjappi0

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section