Login or register with Wargaming Account

Breaking 70% W/R

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Breaking 70% W/R

Postby hypnotoes » 21 Jul 2014 09:27

For those of you past the 70% mark, how are you able to pull this off?
What is it, that I'm not getting?

:sealmato: hypno :sealmato:

hypnotoes

Re: Breaking 70% W/R

Postby Xen » 21 Jul 2014 09:28

create platoon
dont be potato
???
profit

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby hypnotoes » 21 Jul 2014 09:34

Xen, if it only were that simple don't you think more than 8 IDEALers would have broken the 70% recent?

Or is that "don't be a potato" the thing I need to work on?

hypnotoes

Postby Xen » 21 Jul 2014 09:40

most people don't platoon nonstop or don't try not to play potato

*in platoons I'm actually not happy with anything below 75%

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Bowser_nl » 21 Jul 2014 09:51

3man platoon with proper teamwork and TS yes.

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby H311fi5h » 21 Jul 2014 10:21

It's really just the platooning, at least that's what I like to think.
As you may know I play 90% solo, that's why my winrate is quite low compared to my overall stats with little over 60% when playing solo, but over 80% when platooning with good mates. And of course playing TC's helps, although they are kinda dead.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby hypnotoes » 21 Jul 2014 10:32

I can't stand loosing so I guess I'm gonna cut down on my solo play.
I think it'll also help with anger issues.

hypnotoes

Postby AaMelon » 21 Jul 2014 12:25

Look at my recent, going down like butter. Thanks to playing solo during weekend merged with summer holidays, silly me! >.<

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » 21 Jul 2014 12:40

Tooning and TS.

Tooning will remove one or more potatoes from your team, TS gives you double/triple the Situational Awareness... SA wins you more games than one or two good players.

SYN_Kollwitz

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Xen » 21 Jul 2014 12:56

BTW, Noobmeter got really inaccurate about a year ago. should always use wotlabs.

people with 69.5%+ WR last 60d

(@nko: get a life PogChamp)

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Bowser_nl » 21 Jul 2014 13:40

Xensation wrote:BTW, Noobmeter got really inaccurate about a year ago. should always use wotlabs.

people with 69.5%+ WR last 60d

(@nko: get a life PogChamp)

70+ master race. :dealwithit:

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby Kolbur » 21 Jul 2014 14:01

Win rate is really easy to pad with toons and TCs obviously but one can also easily improve solo win rate (70% solo avg might be impossible though). Playing a shitload of different tanks for the daily bonus is bad for your win rate because you have to re-adapt to a different tank every other battle. I believe it's possible to get close to 70% win rate by playing only your favorite tank a lot of times in a row and focusing on WR. This way you learn everything about that tank and how it can be used efficiently on every map. It might be easier in lower tiers especially with a good crew but not that easy as a lot of people seem to think because of low tier madness. The problem with this play style is that it's not optimal play for gaining xp. Also solo tactics can be quite different to platoon tactics. You have to play more like a camping cunt but also need to know when it's worth it to commit to helping your team mates / lead an attack.

Kolbur

Postby Bowser_nl » 21 Jul 2014 14:16

Kolbur wrote: but one can also easily improve solo win rate (70% solo avg might be impossible though)..

I'm sure you can carry yourself to 70+ winrate in a tier2. Higher tiers are pretty much impossible to carry solo on a regular basis

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby wetlioN » 21 Jul 2014 15:37

played 80-90% solo in the last week and still have 73% wr. platoons help a lot but you need to have decent tanks to carry the game. a t9 or t10 med can achieve this solo, a 3 man t95 platoon might not even get 65%.

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Xen » 21 Jul 2014 15:41

veitileiN wrote:played 80-90% solo in the last week and still have 73% wr. platoons help a lot but you need to have decent tanks to carry the game. a t9 or t10 med can achieve this solo, a 3 man t95 platoon might not even get 65%.

Triple95 will get 70% draws, though. :stopspammingthisshit:

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Kolbur » 21 Jul 2014 16:17

Bowser_nl wrote:
Kolbur wrote: but one can also easily improve solo win rate (70% solo avg might be impossible though)..

I'm sure you can carry yourself to 70+ winrate in a tier2. Higher tiers are pretty much impossible to carry solo on a regular basis

I meant solo win rate over all tanks. On certain tanks it's doable for sure. But even then it's only possible on certain vastly overpowered for their tier tanks like T18 or something with a high pen sniper gun. The lower tiers have some freaking awful tanks with which you can be happy to even get over 50% win rate. With a skilled crew it's much easier of course.
veitileiN wrote:played 80-90% solo in the last week and still have 73% wr. platoons help a lot but you need to have decent tanks to carry the game. a t9 or t10 med can achieve this solo, a 3 man t95 platoon might not even get 65%.

Ventil playing solo? What madness is this?! I don't believe you a word. :P

Kolbur

Postby wetlioN » 21 Jul 2014 17:17

Kolbur wrote:
Bowser_nl wrote:

I meant solo win rate over all tanks. On certain tanks it's doable for sure. But even then it's only possible on certain vastly overpowered for their tier tanks like T18 or something with a high pen sniper gun. The lower tiers have some freaking awful tanks with which you can be happy to even get over 50% win rate. With a skilled crew it's much easier of course.

Ventil playing solo? What madness is this?! I don't believe you a word. :P

wow rude Kappa

t9 mediums are a sweetspot for carrying solo imo. also played the 430II at least 50% solo and still have >70%.

overall in total idk how much can be achieved solo. if u really grind all the shit tanks in all the lines maybe 65%

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Paris_Hilton » 21 Jul 2014 19:51

i request Kappa Seal Image

Paris_Hilton

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Pfuf » 21 Jul 2014 20:17

no doubt you spam Heat all the time when driving the 430 or other T9s :stopspammingthisshit: :stopspammingthisshit: :stopspammingthisshit: w00t! heat-police arrived :P

Pfuf

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Xen » 21 Jul 2014 23:17

70% in tier 9 meds is actually perfectly doable (although I don't think I could do it without hardcore gold spam and really trying super hard to the max, if at all)

Xen

Commander
Commander

Next

Return to Public Friends' Section