Login or register with Wargaming Account

Gaming pc which is also good for streaming < 1k euro

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: Gaming pc which is also good for streaming < 1k euro

Postby Xen » 25 Oct 2016 21:49

RTD_Kriegerseele wrote:I dont have an windows 10 key yet and i have no idea how “pirate it“ should work. Also i dont want to go to jail cause of this Kappa

Do you have a windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 key? they'll do just as good...

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Xen » 25 Oct 2016 21:52

downloading windows ISO's is not illegal. Stealing keys is illegal.

You can download the ISO and use an old key from a notebook for instance.

Or buy a key online (they're way cheaper than if you buy the full windows copy thing).

Or if you don't give a shit about windows updates, just disable window's registration check thingy in the registry, so you can use windows without having to enter a key.

Or if you don't mind reinstalling windows twice a year you can use it for the trial period, then reset the trial countdown 2 or 3 times or something, and then reinstall windows and repeat.

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Thoryk » 26 Oct 2016 07:07

RTD_Kriegerseele wrote:
Swoopie wrote:
RTD_Kriegerseele wrote:i have no idea how “pirate it“ should work. Also i dont want to go to jail cause of this Kappa

:facepalm:

I know i am a noob in this... still i would like to know how you can pirate windows 10

Pirate Windows 7 and upgrade >:D

Thoryk
IDEAL Propaganda Minister
Thoryk

Officer
Officer

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 26 Oct 2016 07:12

Thoryk wrote:
RTD_Kriegerseele wrote:
Swoopie wrote:
RTD_Kriegerseele wrote:i have no idea how “pirate it“ should work. Also i dont want to go to jail cause of this Kappa

:facepalm:

I know i am a noob in this... still i would like to know how you can pirate windows 10

The free upgrade is over already.

Pirate Windows 7 and upgrade >:D

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/h9nN9zdizaYPKX6h7
Dr_Slartibartfart

Postby Xen » 26 Oct 2016 08:58

Why would you upgrade from win7 anyway. I fail to see the benefit. Win7 is perfectly stable and functional.

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Kriegerseele » 26 Oct 2016 09:06

Xen wrote:Why would you upgrade from win7 anyway. I fail to see the benefit. Win7 is perfectly stable and functional.

I think sooner or later its better to have the latest windows isnt it?

With great power comes great responsibility
Kriegerseele

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 26 Oct 2016 10:08

Well Xbox play anywhere might be a big thing. Need win 10 for it. But Forza horizon 3 is amazing and maybe we'll get even more awesome games

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

Dr_Slartibartfart

Postby Xen » 26 Oct 2016 11:14

>owning an xbox
Why

You can use win7 safely as long as its supported by microsoft. And even afterwards, you probably wont be missing out on anything for a few years

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 26 Oct 2016 15:46

Xen wrote:>owning an xbox
Why

You can use win7 safely as long as its supported by microsoft. And even afterwards, you probably wont be missing out on anything for a few years

I don't wanna pay 300€ for a shitty piece of shit so I can buy a pretty expensive game To have it run shitty.

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

Dr_Slartibartfart

Postby Thoryk » 26 Oct 2016 15:53

Xen wrote:>owning an xbox
Why

Would already miss virtual desktops ;(

Thoryk
IDEAL Propaganda Minister
Thoryk

Officer
Officer

Postby McMokka » 11 Nov 2016 14:49

@the guys reading this, i just found this:
http://www.medion.com/de/shop/multimedi ... cification

it is german, sorry.
I just tried to recreate that PC for the same prize and I cant. It does everything krygr wants, it also comes with Windows, it is already assembled and 24 months of warranty.
downsides:
Nowhere is stated which Mobo is used, also the brand of the SSD is missing. Also the 960 is too weak for the 6700, but that is not an issue at all for WoT and the i7 instead of i5 fits his streaming ambitions.

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Brati007 » 11 Nov 2016 15:04

McMokka wrote:@the guys reading this, i just found this:
http://www.medion.com/de/shop/multimedi ... cification

it is german, sorry.
I just tried to recreate that PC for the same prize and I cant. It does everything krygr wants, it also comes with Windows, it is already assembled and 24 months of warranty.
downsides:
Nowhere is stated which Mobo is used, also the brand of the SSD is missing. Also the 960 is too weak for the 6700, but that is not an issue at all for WoT and the i7 instead of i5 fits his streaming ambitions.

no oc possible cause shitty mainboard, shitty standard nvidia card, shitty ssd, shitty single ram usage, shitty win10 home edition and 2years warranty is the minimum standard in germany anyways for hardware. given the prize and the fact its from medion, i would bang that shit as much as keezoos mom (never ever)

btw my setup for krygr;

https://www.mindfactory.de/shopping_car ... 7a87dc8e97

Last edited by Brati007 on 11 Nov 2016 15:07, edited 1 time in total.
"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby Gyre » 11 Nov 2016 15:06

The 960 is quite a weird choice with the i7, at least if it is supposed to be a gaming oriented machine (which I have no clue about since german site). And they seem to think the 6700k runs at 3,4Ghz with turbo at 4,0Ghz, both figures are wrong so that's a bit fishy too.

Gyre

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby McMokka » 11 Nov 2016 16:40

Gyre wrote:The 960 is quite a weird choice with the i7, at least if it is supposed to be a gaming oriented machine (which I have no clue about since german site). And they seem to think the 6700k runs at 3,4Ghz with turbo at 4,0Ghz, both figures are wrong so that's a bit fishy too.

The 960 would bottleneck in modern games, krygr is only playing wot though. and the figures are right, since it is the i7 6700 not 6700k.

@brati why no Samsung SSD? And isn't 450W a bit low for that setup, especially since you want to overclock? Rest is nice and I like your choice of CPU cooling :) Brocken ftw!
Regarding your concerns about the Medion-PC: Nowadays they do a pretty good job with that stuff. 24 months is standard, yes, but afaik you get 2 years on components but not if you put them together yourself, since they could argue that whatever malfunctions is because of you fucking up while assembling the PC. And does Krygr need more than the Windows Home version? Will Krygr OC?^^
Sidenote: Lidl is really really good regarding customersupport. I know a bunch of people who had problems with their Medion Laptops. Instead of expensive maintenance, they will just replace your PC if something malfunctions and restart your warranty, which is really nice.

The rig wouldnt be the right thing for me, since 960 bottlenecks, no OC-possibility and basically everything you said. I just thought it would be nice for Krygr because all the flaws I can see do not apply for him

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Rabidal » 11 Nov 2016 17:10

"You don´t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great."
Rabidal

Postby Kriegerseele » 11 Nov 2016 17:20

Rabidal wrote:Brati you know that the 1060 needs a 500W PSU at least? :tomatard:
https://www.alternate.de/GIGABYTE/GeForce-GTX-1060-WINDFORCE-OC-Grafikkarte/html/product/1292907?

Brati, it seems we need a better netzteil :tomatard: shouldnt be too expensive tho

With great power comes great responsibility
Kriegerseele

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Xen » 11 Nov 2016 17:32

bullshit. my 500W PSU was enough for my 280X and that uses like 130W+ or something more than the GTX 1060. Maths suggest that with my CPU and GPU combo I'd be fine with 350W. So, unless you want to pair the 1060 with an AMD CPU, you won't need anywhere near 500W

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Swoopie » 11 Nov 2016 17:45

Xen wrote:bullshit. my 500W PSU was enough for my 280X and that uses like 130W+ or something more than the GTX 1060. Maths suggest that with my CPU and GPU combo I'd be fine with 350W. So, unless you want to pair the 1060 with an AMD CPU, you won't need anywhere near 500W

Looking at different benchmarks and stuff, this seems to be the case. 1060 is way under 280x in some benchmarks while in others it's a little bit closer (280x still draws more power though). Also if you google for "Suggested Power Supply for GTX1060", 450W is suggested and it is indeed enough. Only thing that stuck to my eye was, that the power supply brati chose isn't that popular and apparently people would recommend to not take it. But I'll leave it for you to decide.

Swoopie

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Xen » 11 Nov 2016 17:48

The point is, 500W is definitely enough. No need to get even more. You can OC and fit huge ass motherfucking fans all over your computer to turn it into a helicopter and still have some power left with that.

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Brati007 » 11 Nov 2016 18:10

filfthy plebs D:

psu is more than good ( 110w cpu + 160w gpu + 50w for the rest, now do the math on your own )

@mokka, my ssd choice is as fast, cost less but has 250k h more mtbf ... as long as you dont use 256bit encryption there is no need for samsung. also the quarantee remains of course as long as you dont damage stuff putting it together or removing certain stickers that can remain until you tested everything.

btw the awesome thing about this spec is the space and weight, its basically a high end rig on 30x40x20 cm which weights less than 7kg and has good cooling, i am yet not sure if i will ever let it go and krygr will probably wait forever for the parcel :D

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section