Login or register with Wargaming Account

The gold shells & gold consumable debate

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: The gold shells & gold consumable debate

Postby Fullgatsu » 10 Jun 2014 23:08

I would like if WG balanced gold ammo by reducing its damage by 10-20% that would probably reduce the gold usage since spamming gold would then reduce the DPM or do it like the SU-100Y with higher damage and lower pen at least then there would be pros and cons for performance. The most hilarious APCR shell is for the French 105 mm Canon 13TR which gains 30 extra damage and 58 extra pen.

Fullgatsu

Postby Pfuf » 11 Jun 2014 07:37

i really like the way it is in warthunder. everyone can use everything. But APCR doesnt make that much damage inside the target as AP/C/BC and HEAT-shells always have the same pen, but they arent OP like in WoT. But the mechanics in WT are completely different. It would be enough to forbit xvm-ingame stats and chance-to-win-shit and everything would be more relaxed. no crying about good enemies, no crying about bad teammates at the start of the battle. these kids nowadays are to influenced by numbers and colors, not by their senses....

Pfuf

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Bowser_nl » 11 Jun 2014 09:46

Pfuf wrote:i really like the way it is in warthunder. everyone can use everything. But APCR doesnt make that much damage inside the target as AP/C/BC and HEAT-shells always have the same pen, but they arent OP like in WoT. But the mechanics in WT are completely different. It would be enough to forbit xvm-ingame stats and chance-to-win-shit and everything would be more relaxed. no crying about good enemies, no crying about bad teammates at the start of the battle. these kids nowadays are to influenced by numbers and colors, not by their senses....

Xvm really made the community terrible. Elitism, raging, insulting all because of a shitty number that can easily be farmed. I'd love it for XVM to be banned.

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby Xen » 11 Jun 2014 09:59

I don't know about you but I used to insult retards even before XVM. The last couple of hundred battles were played without xVM as well and I don't need more than 5 seconds to tell who is totally fucking retarded and worthless human waste. No XVM required at all.

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Kolbur » 11 Jun 2014 10:11

Bowser_nl wrote:
Pfuf wrote:i really like the way it is in warthunder. everyone can use everything. But APCR doesnt make that much damage inside the target as AP/C/BC and HEAT-shells always have the same pen, but they arent OP like in WoT. But the mechanics in WT are completely different. It would be enough to forbit xvm-ingame stats and chance-to-win-shit and everything would be more relaxed. no crying about good enemies, no crying about bad teammates at the start of the battle. these kids nowadays are to influenced by numbers and colors, not by their senses....

Xvm really made the community terrible. Elitism, raging, insulting all because of a shitty number that can easily be farmed. I'd love it for XVM to be banned.

I disagree, xvm is just a symptom. The real problem is that there is no skill based matchmaking at all. The best players have to play together and against utter tools all the time. And nothing stops these tools to fail their way up to tier 10. Of course that slowly grinds away at the sanity of every normal player. Would you like to play chess against a horde of monkeys every day? WoT being a team game amplifies this, now you can have fun with your monkey team too!
Every game that takes itself seriously, especially games with esport aspirations (huehuehue), has some kind of league system or skill based matchmaking for the main game mode. WoT not so much. Even though WG introduces more and more stupid game modes none of these have anything like it.

Kolbur

Postby nkouhoe » 11 Jun 2014 11:06

Well skill based mm is actually not a great idea when you need to grind stock/bad tanks.
Just imagine playing T7 and you have to play against a horde of good players in TigerIs and Comets. This is exactly what would happen. Everyone would only play the lastest OP tank.
What they could do though is that they can add an extra Modus which has skill based MM and maybe only is activated for some hours a day. But they allready said they would add it extra If they would ever at all.

nkouhoe

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby dUG1 » 11 Jun 2014 11:28

As others have mentioned, "gold" ammo is not the problem itself - spamming it all the time is.
And that is pretty common among random bobs and wannabe unicums.

What should have been "only for emergency", became free for all, causing huge imbalances on some tanks (T-54...) and somewhat breaking the meta game on higher tiers.

But the part I really cant understand is using gold ammo against paper tanks.
I cant even count the times I have been spammed with HEAT in Leopard 1 :deadseal:

What the actual fuck, do these people even think before doing something?

Personally, I carry 3-5 gold shells per tank and rarely have to use them.
But when I do, I make sure it is a target worth shooting at, instead of spamming it randomly.

dUG1

Trial
Trial

Postby ShiftyShaft » 11 Jun 2014 11:43

The critic stands alone. How surprising.

The hostility against criticism is strong. Especially among germans. I mean there's a reason why the triad of the national anthem starts with 'unity' and ends with 'freedom'. That's a matter of priority. Literally anything is ok for germans, including murder, Ahmadinejad and Mario Barth, but you better not try pointing out issues.

ShiftyShaft

Postby Xen » 11 Jun 2014 11:47

ShiftyShaft wrote:The critic stands alone. How surprising.

The hostility against criticism is strong. Especially among germans. I mean there's a reason why the triad of the national anthem starts with 'unity' and ends with 'freedom'. That's a matter of priority. Literally anything is ok for germans, including murder, Ahmadinejad and Mario Barth, but you better not try pointing out issues.

Wat?

BTW, does anyone else feel like gold ammo became more unfair when they nerfed it? I just think the fact they made it less affordable increased the unfair advantage premium users get over free/poor players.

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby H311fi5h » 11 Jun 2014 11:59

Please read up on the history of the german anthem before you claim such bullshit. The text is from a time when there was no germany, but a bunch of loosely connected smaller states.
And there is no hostility against criticism but against unsound arguments and the virtually religious mania to force their way of playing the game on others shown by the opposers of premium ammunition.
You are entitled to your opinion - doesn't mean I'm not allowed to think it's idiotic.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby Bowser_nl » 11 Jun 2014 12:07

This thread is now about the German National Anthem.

It's one of the better National Anthems imo, although the Russian one still beats it.

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby hypnotoes » 11 Jun 2014 12:09

Bowser_nl wrote:This thread is now about the German National Anthem.

It's one of the better National Anthems imo, although the Russian one still beats it.

You know nothing!

hypnotoes

Postby Xen » 11 Jun 2014 12:11

whats the new anthem we got after the deutschland über alles thing? :speshul:

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Bowser_nl » 11 Jun 2014 12:21

Nothing beats glorious Mother Russias anthem. You can just hear the power and patriotism.

Italy has a great Anthem too, damn Ferrari winning all those F1 races.

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby Xen » 11 Jun 2014 12:23

Equestria has a great anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdLBoklZnbc

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Pfuf » 11 Jun 2014 12:53

no browser is absolutely right. the russian/soviet anthem is just great!

Pfuf

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby AaMelon » 11 Jun 2014 13:02

Not a fan of USSR or Russia, but I must agree with Bowser, quite powerful anthem!

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Brati007 » 11 Jun 2014 13:04

i dont care what my enemy uses, let it be gold and a waste for his creditamount or not, but i agree with bowser that alot of unskilled players shouldnt use xvm_stats. they should limit gold ammo to 40% of ammorack and make it equal to normal ammo concerning the damage, 183 without hesh you give away so much dpm, so they cant "spam" it ... and yeah dugi be happy about such players, u can bounce heat with some luck on leo and you also dont know if the shell was loaded for you.

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby ShiftyShaft » 11 Jun 2014 13:13

Hellfish, lets have a look into your "argument":

H311fi5h wrote:Those haters one their crusade against premium ammo and all who use it are more annoying than Jehovah's Witnesses and missionary vegans combined. Everytime I have to read "gold noob" or anything in chat I just want to punch you in the face.
Complain about WG all you want but let the rest of us play our game in peace.

Here you clearly want criticism not directed your way (it's easy to accept criticism as long as it is not directed your way, so let's only talk about that). "Let us play our game in peace" means not being disturbed by criticism, right?

H311fi5h wrote:And there is no hostility against criticism but against unsound arguments

So there kinda is a hostility against criticism. Let's suppose there weren't and it's about unsound arguments. What exactly is unsound about my arguments? Please go into specifics.

H311fi5h wrote:and the virtually religious mania to force their way of playing the game on others shown by the opposers of premium ammunition.

Now this is what is called paranoid. You put me into a line with non-thinking random bobs. And how does this "virtually religious mania" exactly look like? Because some are worshipping non-premium ammo? How'd you call yourself then, worshipping affirmation? I'm not worshipping anything btw, I think I've made some sound arguments actually and even distinguished sophisticated. And now: "force their way"... how exactly would I do that? I am not forcing anyone but no one can stop me from criticizing. And that is all I am doing. You seem to believe that criticism and forcing are the same. And that is the exact point I wrote that polemics about the national anthem. It was a pure exaggeration to make a point. Which you just proved to be necessary.

H311fi5h wrote:You are entitled to your opinion - doesn't mean I'm not allowed to think it's idiotic.

Thank you, that is very kind of you. Why the fuck would I need your entitlement?

H311fi5h wrote:Please read up on the history of the german anthem before you claim such bullshit. The text is from a time when there was no germany, but a bunch of loosely connected smaller states.

Oh boy. Two things: German nationalism did not evolve 1990 nor 1945 nor 1918 nor 1871. The idea of a modern german state evolved probably somewhen around 1800 in the times of Romantic. Already back then there have been certain ideas that were considered to be german; those ideas were obviously different from the ones in France or America. And I claim that that is no coincidence. So basically the ideas that were taken into the national anthem are kinda constituting for a german nationalism and I'd argue that they still manifest in german reality. For example in the hatred against criticism that is correlated with anti-intellectualism. German nationalism has always been very, well, specific and differed from more liberal states. That's why I wrote "typical german". And those specifics manifest in the national anthem e.g. So secondly, even though the german national anthem evolved around 1840 or parts of it even earlier, it still means something that the modern federal republic hasn't changed those words, don't you think? Why would you choose words you don't connect to any longer?

If you honour my words and efforts of arguing with only oneliners like "that is bullshit", I'm gonna kick you in your balls. Have at least the decency to make an argument at all instead of only accusing others to be unsound.

Last edited by ShiftyShaft on 11 Jun 2014 13:35, edited 3 times in total.
ShiftyShaft

Postby Bowser_nl » 11 Jun 2014 13:16

Kolbur wrote:
Bowser_nl wrote:

I disagree, xvm is just a symptom. The real problem is that there is no skill based matchmaking at all. The best players have to play together and against utter tools all the time. And nothing stops these tools to fail their way up to tier 10. Of course that slowly grinds away at the sanity of every normal player. Would you like to play chess against a horde of monkeys every day? WoT being a team game amplifies this, now you can have fun with your monkey team too!

You don't really know how terrible your team is without XVM. Trust me, the XVMless days where a lot more relaxing and less frustrating. Wn8 has become the norm everyone gets judged on. If you don't have the best stats you instantly get the label "retard", even though some lower rating players can do teamwork perfectly fine and everyone has to start somewhere. It's almost always the blue/purple players raging about how shit everyone else is. If they ever add skillbased matchmaking I will quit WoT forever, because really, 80% of the unicum players are utter assholes. Every battle would become even more hostile and filled with insults. Not to mention that most unicums are terrible teamplayers in the first place, they only care about their own damage.

Last edited by Bowser_nl on 11 Jun 2014 13:25, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section