Login or register with Wargaming Account

The gold shells & gold consumable debate

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: The gold shells & gold consumable debate

Postby Pfuf » 11 Jun 2014 13:24

Bowser_nl wrote: because really, 80% of the unicum players are utter assholes. Every battle would become even more hostile and filled with insults.

This. But the most retarted people are those between 1500 and 2000 wn8.....
http://i.imgur.com/W2hbLc0.jpg

tbh i really enjoy WT because no one cares about the chat and no one have any idea how good the enemy is

Pfuf

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby H311fi5h » 11 Jun 2014 13:42

I'm not going to honor a load of bullshit wrapped in fancy words by not calling it what it is: Bullshit. Sorry mate.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby Brati007 » 11 Jun 2014 13:42

Pfuf wrote:
Bowser_nl wrote: because really, 80% of the unicum players are utter assholes. Every battle would become even more hostile and filled with insults.

This. But the most retarted people are those between 1500 and 2000 wn8.....
http://i.imgur.com/W2hbLc0.jpg

tbh i really enjoy WT because no one cares about the chat and no one have any idea how good the enemy is

ignore the chat and play without xvm stats like me and you get the same result, tho if u get used to it its like xen said, you only need 5 secs to recognize tards, the skillbased mm you get in tb/cw/future stronghold mode, i for myself would be ok with skill based mm in randoms too but then alot of unicums would drop hard when they lose the chance to farm idiots ( hello xen )

H311fi5h wrote:I'm not going to honor a load of bullshit wrapped in fancy words by not calling it what it is: Bullshit. Sorry mate.

dont take him serious the heat in germany is killing everyone

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby Bowser_nl » 11 Jun 2014 13:49

Brati007 wrote:
ignore the chat and play without xvm stats like me and you get the same result, tho if u get used to it its like xen said, you only need 5 secs to recognize tards, the skillbased mm you get in tb/cw/future stronghold mode, i for myself would be ok with skill based mm in randoms too but then alot of unicums would drop hard when they lose the chance to farm idiots ( hello xen )

The problem is, having xvm stats enabled is an advantage, you know who to focus first and you know which players you can rush without any risk. But maybe its an advantage worth giving up if that makes the game more enjoyable. I will give it a go.

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby AaMelon » 11 Jun 2014 14:02

So this thread went from Gold shells to gold consumable, which is okay. But then to history, then War Thunder then to national anthems and now xvm.

8)

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby AaMelon » 11 Jun 2014 14:07

Lets all be friends kay? Gold spam is no skill, however using gold shells when necessary it's a smart move.
The ability to switch between shells makes you a player with pure skill.
The ability to play smart is good.

What I see here is both of the arguments are good. They're actually quite even.
Another story is when you're using gold on tanks you don't have to on. That's when the bs starts.

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby ShiftyShaft » 11 Jun 2014 14:18

H311fi5h wrote:I'm not going to honor a load of bullshit wrapped in fancy words by not calling it what it is: Bullshit. Sorry mate.

Strong argument, bobby.

ShiftyShaft

Postby Brati007 » 11 Jun 2014 14:20

Bowser_nl wrote:
Brati007 wrote:

The problem is, having xvm stats enabled is an advantage, you know who to focus first and you know which players you can rush without any risk. But maybe its an advantage worth giving up if that makes the game more enjoyable. I will give it a go.

tbh i never played with stats enabled (2much work in the beginning) but i recognized the behaviour of stats using ppl, they see unicum and lose all confidence resulting in way worse playing then they would normally do ... i just see a certain tank with certain hp on certain position and take my decision how to react on it without taking stats into account which leads to smarter play most of the time ... also the rage about being hit going for stupid pos only because u think there are noobs is gone cause you react to mapmovement ... still its hard for me to judge as i dont know how to play with xvm stats enabled.

actually the only "need" for gold i see vs hull down is7s and e100s when u have to shot them while being lower than them ( shit angle for copula/bar )

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby Swoopie » 11 Jun 2014 14:28

ShiftyShaft wrote:

Strong argument, bobby.

You're free to continue this however you want, just don't get too personal, k?

Swoopie

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby ShiftyShaft » 11 Jun 2014 14:37

I actually do have a problem with a donkey like that as a deputy commander. And I'm not gonna refrain from calling a donkey a donkey. or bobby. Bobby will get that logic, he is strong in it. Needs no further explanation. I entitle him to think that he is not a donkey though since I wanna grant him the same generosity he granted me. Don't like my way of talking? Well, it's there, deal with it! It's a bit like gold ammo. But you have to let me post in peace and may not criticize me but I have nothing against criticism of course!

Last edited by ShiftyShaft on 11 Jun 2014 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
ShiftyShaft

Postby H311fi5h » 11 Jun 2014 14:38

ShiftyShaft wrote:Strong argument, bobby.

Oh it was supposed to be an insult, not an argument. Maybe I have to make this more obvious next time.

@Swoopie sry couldn't resist. Gonna stop this now, it's pointless anyway.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby hypnotoes » 11 Jun 2014 14:48

Everyone's got a strong opinion, I get it. It's a touchy subject.
But going personal over a (broken) mechanic in a video game is nuts.

Y'all need to back the fuck off, imo

hypnotoes

Postby Swoopie » 11 Jun 2014 14:54

ShiftyShaft wrote:I actually do have a problem with a donkey like that as a deputy commander. And I'm not gonna refrain from calling a donkey a donkey. or bobby. Bobby will get that logic, he is strong in it. Needs no further explanation. I entitle him to think that he is not a donkey though since I wanna grant him the same generosity he granted me. Don't like my way of talking? Well, it's there, deal with it! It's a bit like gold ammo. But you have to let me post in peace and may not criticize me but I have nothing against criticism of course!

H311fi5h wrote:
ShiftyShaft wrote:Strong argument, bobby.

Oh it was supposed to be an insult, not an argument. Maybe I have to make this more obvious next time.

@Swoopie sry couldn't resist. Gonna stop this now, it's pointless anyway.

I don't really care about the subject itself, but the behavior/respect. While the discussion might be "mild" now, I've seen it escalate to something much worse way too many times. As I said you're free to discuss it however you want, and I really can't even affect it, but I'd atleast expect a little bit of respect between members.

Anyway, this subject has been bunked now. Carry on with something else, unless you can continue the discussion without insults.

Swoopie

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Bowser_nl » 11 Jun 2014 14:59

Swoopie wrote:
I don't really care about the subject itself, but the behavior/respect. While the discussion might be "mild" now, I've seen it escalate to something much worse way too many times. As I said you're free to discuss it however you want, and I really can't even affect it, but I'd atleast expect a little bit of respect between members.

Anyway, this subject has been bunked now. Carry on with something else, unless you can continue the discussion without insults.

<3 :SOA:

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby AaMelon » 11 Jun 2014 15:00

Ey guys, what happened to the relationship now?

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby BoogieM » 11 Jun 2014 15:06

Aa_Melon wrote:Ey guys, what happened to the relationship now?

I guess HEAT has its ways to twist a man's mind... :trollseal:

ingame HEAT topic + the outdoors heat = a good forum fire (don't know how's where you're at but it's 30+ where i live).
Where's Paris at? He brags about his cooking skills :P

BoogieM

Postby AaMelon » 11 Jun 2014 15:22

BoogieM wrote:
Aa_Melon wrote:Ey guys, what happened to the relationship now?

I guess HEAT has its ways to twist a man's mind... :trollseal:

ingame HEAT topic + the outdoors heat = a good forum fire (don't know how's where you're at but it's 30+ where i live).
Where's Paris at? He brags about his cooking skills :P

Been 30+ for 2 weeks.
Yesterday evening there was a rain storm here in Bergen. Then thunder and rain today, 5 degrees. Not nice :(

Spoiler:

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby AngryBanana » 11 Jun 2014 15:42

Aa_Melon wrote:Been 30+ for 2 weeks.
Yesterday evening there was a rain storm here in Bergen. Then thunder and rain today, 5 degrees. Not nice :(

in nijmegen it was super hot the last few days with shitloads of thunder and rain every night.

Funny thing is our cat is named lightning but he is so scared of thunder that he hides in 10cm of spaced between a closed and the wall

AngryBanana

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby dUG1 » 11 Jun 2014 15:51

2 much HEAT >:D

dUG1

Trial
Trial

Postby Xen » 11 Jun 2014 15:57

Hellfish, if you cannot discuss such things without keeping it nice and friendly I think you should simply ignore them and not participate at all.

Shifty, your reply calling him bobby was no better than hellfish calling your points bullshit.

Xen

Commander
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section