Login or register with Wargaming Account

The gold shells & gold consumable debate

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: The gold shells & gold consumable debate

Postby Xen » 11 Jun 2014 16:04

Bowser_nl wrote:
Kolbur wrote:
Bowser_nl wrote:
Pfuf wrote:i really like the way it is in warthunder. everyone can use everything. But APCR doesnt make that much damage inside the target as AP/C/BC and HEAT-shells always have the same pen, but they arent OP like in WoT. But the mechanics in WT are completely different. It would be enough to forbit xvm-ingame stats and chance-to-win-shit and everything would be more relaxed. no crying about good enemies, no crying about bad teammates at the start of the battle. these kids nowadays are to influenced by numbers and colors, not by their senses....

Xvm really made the community terrible. Elitism, raging, insulting all because of a shitty number that can easily be farmed. I'd love it for XVM to be banned.

I disagree, xvm is just a symptom. The real problem is that there is no skill based matchmaking at all. The best players have to play together and against utter tools all the time. And nothing stops these tools to fail their way up to tier 10. Of course that slowly grinds away at the sanity of every normal player. Would you like to play chess against a horde of monkeys every day? WoT being a team game amplifies this, now you can have fun with your monkey team too!

You don't really know how terrible your team is without XVM. Trust me, the XVMless days where a lot more relaxing and less frustrating. Wn8 has become the norm everyone gets judged on. If you don't have the best stats you instantly get the label "retard", even though some lower rating players can do teamwork perfectly fine and everyone has to start somewhere. It's almost always the blue/purple players raging about how shit everyone else is. If they ever add skillbased matchmaking I will quit WoT forever, because really, 80% of the unicum players are utter assholes. Every battle would become even more hostile and filled with insults. Not to mention that most unicums are terrible teamplayers in the first place, they only care about their own damage.

You've got a point, many unicums are assholes, but the average tomato and potato is no better in that regard. You just don't notice them as much, because they have no idea how to use the chat or don't know any english at all.

About seflish unicums, you're right, if they continued to play the way they do now. However, replacing the current MM with a working skillbased MM would result in a massive meta change and people would eventually realize that it's no longer about padding stats individually, it's about teamplay and winning the game. People who realize it would remain good, people who don't would soon go from unicum to potato.

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Brati007 » 11 Jun 2014 16:06

Xensation wrote:Hellfish, if you cannot discuss such things without keeping it nice and friendly I think you should simply ignore them and not participate at all.

Shifty, your reply calling him bobby was no better than hellfish calling your points bullshit.

i bet both know this, it was just the heat of the moment, we can all have a bad day or two :likeasear:

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby AaMelon » 11 Jun 2014 16:21

Brati007 wrote:
Xensation wrote:Hellfish, if you cannot discuss such things without keeping it nice and friendly I think you should simply ignore them and not participate at all.

Shifty, your reply calling him bobby was no better than hellfish calling your points bullshit.

i bet both know this, it was just the heat of the moment, we can all have a bad day or two :likeasear:

People tend to get heated up after one or two battles in WoT. It's normal, and we all understand the consquences

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby wetlioN » 11 Jun 2014 16:28

jeez xen, y u no of into applying this maturity in your relation with ipoo on the forums :) .

and guys, calm your tits!:

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby ShiftyShaft » 11 Jun 2014 17:00

Actually it was. Ever heart of a chain of causation? It's not that I am saying 'Bobby started it', I say: That's the only language Bobby is able to understand. I can't take him serious anymore, so that's gonna reflect in my name for him. No hurt feelings. Bobby just gets his proper childish name.

ShiftyShaft

Postby Xen » 11 Jun 2014 17:01

veitileiN wrote:

jeez xen, y u no of into applying this maturity in your relation with ipoo on the forums :) .

and guys, calm your tits!:

I am actually being nice and friendly.

And it's fun to see him go full siemka over it.

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Xen » 11 Jun 2014 17:02

ShiftyShaft wrote:

Actually it was. Ever heart of a chain of causation? It's not that I am saying 'Bobby started it', I say: That's the only language Bobby is able to understand. I can't take him serious anymore, so that's gonna reflect in my name for him. No hurt feelings. Bobby just gets his proper childish name.

Please stop. I don't want to have to moderate anyone's posts here (neither yours nor hell's)

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby ShiftyShaft » 11 Jun 2014 17:16

ye, fine. was being childish myself. call me bobby as well from now on. damnit.

ShiftyShaft

Postby Brati007 » 11 Jun 2014 17:48

ShiftyShaft wrote:ye, fine. was being childish myself. call me bobby as well from now on. damnit.

i was calling everyone bob before that anyway and i was not the only one O:)

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby nkouhoe » 11 Jun 2014 17:54

You are all bobs.
HE is the way to go.

nkouhoe

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby wetlioN » 11 Jun 2014 18:00

just agree that im the best and everything will be fine

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby AaMelon » 11 Jun 2014 18:06

nkouhoe wrote:You are all bobs.
HE is the way to go.

UHM sorry, but real men only ram. :smug:

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby RedlineRailgunningRemmel » 11 Jun 2014 18:08

Uncle Bob, lel, you know from Terminator 2. :pedoseal:

RedlineRailgunningRemmel

Postby Pfuf » 12 Jun 2014 10:19

veitileiN wrote:just agree that im the best and everything will be fine

veit you are the treasurer of our hearts <3

Aa_Melon wrote:UHM sorry, but real men only ram. :smug:

THIS

Pfuf

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby wetlioN » 12 Jun 2014 10:23

currently playing leo pta. its nice to finally grind a tank where u almost never need gold O:) i need to sell all my shitty t=<9 tonks and only play t10 meds instead

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Bowser_nl » 12 Jun 2014 10:33

veitileiN wrote:currently playing leo pta. its nice to finally grind a tank where u almost never need gold O:) i need to sell all my shitty t=<9 tonks and only play t10 meds instead

Type 61 is the most awesome tier9 grind in this game.

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby ShiftyShaft » 12 Jun 2014 10:43

Bowser_nl wrote:
veitileiN wrote:currently playing leo pta. its nice to finally grind a tank where u almost never need gold O:) i need to sell all my shitty t=<9 tonks and only play t10 meds instead

I ragesold it. The gun dispersion makes it unplayable imo. I struggle with the STB-1 as well. I started having massive self-doubts when I played it... needed to switch to other tanks to find out if my hand-eye coordination is gone or if it's just the gun. Really.

ShiftyShaft

Postby hypnotoes » 12 Jun 2014 11:11

:SOA: PTA was my favourite t9 so far. I applaud your choice
I'm looking forward to cent 7/1 as well but the stock grind looks like it'll be utter shit

hypnotoes

Postby Pfuf » 12 Jun 2014 11:25

the PT A is (right behind the IS8) the tier 9 tank i hated most. epic aim time/gun dispersion, long reload, no armor. ammo rack damage all the time, no gun depression. a tank i wasn't able to use :sealmato:

Pfuf

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Daedal__ » 12 Jun 2014 12:20

ShiftyShaft wrote:
Bowser_nl wrote:

I ragesold it. The gun dispersion makes it unplayable imo. I struggle with the STB-1 as well. I started having massive self-doubts when I played it... needed to switch to other tanks to find out if my hand-eye coordination is gone or if it's just the gun. Really.

Actually Type61 has better dispersion values on the move that STB-1.
The only two things bad about Type61 were horrendous cammo and big size. Like if we compare it with for example With the M46. Mobility about the same, gun depr the same, the gun is more accurate, the stabilization should be about the same considering that the stabilization is just a bit worse but the gun is more accurate, the penetration is superb and ammo flies faster, DPM is a bit less, but with Onigiri it was good, both have no armor, the only real difference is M46 sides do not get overmatched. So we have a mobile medium with penetration, good DPM, gun depresion, that has only downside of being big and easy to spot (well the cammo is real bad especially after driveing with STA1).

Daedal__

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section