Login or register with Wargaming Account

War Thunder (Planes and Tanks)

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: War Thunder (Planes and Tanks)

Postby Rabidal » 24 Feb 2015 15:26

My dailies QQ

"You don´t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great."
Rabidal

Postby Pastaiolo » 24 Feb 2015 15:30

I made an arcade plane battle just now to see how messy things were, shot down 18 planes, 11 of which with the do217j1 >:D

Pastaiolo

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby BoogieM » 26 Feb 2015 10:45

Pastaiolo wrote:I made an arcade plane battle just now to see how messy things were, shot down 18 planes, 11 of which with the do217j1 >:D

That were going in a strait line weren't they? (people were either not in the game or couldn't select their aircraft)
You should of seen the do217J1 selected in tank battles :D - it was all due to awefull lags. (that's how I lost about 3 games and won 2 without even playing - ERROR processing request - or something like that)

Btw do you guys have any doubles? I haven't seen the double "indicator" on any nation.

BoogieM

Postby _GLaDOS » 26 Feb 2015 11:02

BoogieM wrote:Btw do you guys have any doubles? I haven't seen the double "indicator" on any nation.

there arent doubles any more, but some rewards for logging in for a few days in a row instead

_GLaDOS

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Pastaiolo » 26 Feb 2015 11:25

BoogieM wrote:
Pastaiolo wrote:I made an arcade plane battle just now to see how messy things were, shot down 18 planes, 11 of which with the do217j1 >:D

That were going in a strait line weren't they? (people were either not in the game or couldn't select their aircraft)
You should of seen the do217J1 selected in tank battles :D - it was all due to awefull lags. (that's how I lost about 3 games and won 2 without even playing - ERROR processing request - or something like that)

Btw do you guys have any doubles? I haven't seen the double "indicator" on any nation.

Domination mode, they just kept facing me head on.

The lack of double sucks. Especially since i keep getting a 15% bonus increase on the stupid RP i can't use without golden eagles. They clearly did this to milk players more. >:)

Still, the grind is way faster than WoT.

Pastaiolo

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby burnzilla » 26 Feb 2015 14:38

got 15% more exp for every battle as reward yesterday. played 10-12 battles yesterday and made 90k to unlock fw d-9 Kreygasm

but seriously whats up with MM on 5+ ? i play 5.3 BR and only get battles with people having 6.0-6.7 planes...arado, batwing, tempest and shizzle
just wtf

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby gigeli » 19 Mar 2015 22:27

This is how you do it :P, I think it's my very best battle so far:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Going yolo into head ons ftw with four 20 mm's dakka dakka!!

gigeli

Postby TheGamingLion » 19 Mar 2015 23:01

gigeli wrote:
Spoiler:

:O My personal record is 17 kills so far, but 22... :dildo:

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby CandyVanMan » 28 Apr 2015 18:25

Soooo, I'm downloading WT now, any of you scrublords still play it?

Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch your opponents, and live like a windrammer as you fuck.
CandyVanMan

Postby Rabidal » 28 Apr 2015 18:28

Maybe I give it a try theses days again?

"You don´t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great."
Rabidal

Postby gigeli » 29 Apr 2015 13:08

CandyVanMan wrote:Soooo, I'm downloading WT now, any of you scrublords still play it?

Will you play planes or tenks? For planes I'm in, for tenks not really...

gigeli

Postby BoogieM » 29 Apr 2015 13:12

Tanks are fun when you got a big gun!

BoogieM

Postby wetlioN » 29 Apr 2015 14:12

BoogieM wrote:Tanks are fun when you got a big gun!

su-122 derp gun Kreygasm dem oneshots

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Silu_0 » 29 Apr 2015 17:24

King Tiger H is great.
Is-2 44 has its moments too.

I was planning to grind to IS-3 but I lost my enthusiasm and stopped playing for a while.

"Unfair camping noob" WoWs playa.
Silu_0

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby CandyVanMan » 29 Apr 2015 22:54

Only tried planes so far, was pretty fun.
Still only have scrublord tier planes.

Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch your opponents, and live like a windrammer as you fuck.
CandyVanMan

Postby ShrubberyCollector » 29 Apr 2015 23:22

Even tho i was in ground forces CBT i did not catched on to tanks in WT. They rushed the CBT through way too fast and released the tanks in a, imo, very poor condition which required a lot of fixes and patches to make it what it is today. For some people it's a lot of fun but WT really shines at the planes.

Besides that i stoped playing because Gaijob is tryhard at forcing WG concepts on the game and even took some of them to the next level which even WG wouldn't dare to do first. It started with charging money for CBT (which was recently copied by WG) and even went so far to make you buy into "steel generals" - a 'cbt' for the american tech tree, locked from all others who weren't chosen or refused to pay for a tank pack to get in. Not even the whole tree was unlocked and you could only get up to tier 2 for the longest time. Something that even WG offers for free to try and test on it's test servers. Oh and gaijins idea of a testserver is a joke too. The 'dev' server is rarely available and you acutally have to have enough golden eagles on stock to convert EXP to unlock and try the new planes/tanks.

The handling with the forum and it's users was even worse than WG, silencing all negative critique and making retarded fanbois who defended the game werether they could to moderators. Just search for pacifica and check some of his posts, especially his older ones. I promise you that they will make you cringe. It has gotten a bit better but only due to a lot of sacrifices and prominent forumers becoming martyrs. The outrage was so intense that in the end the owner of Gaijob himself had to step in and enforce new rules on his moderators.

What really spoiled the fun for me is the constant transition this game has taken since patch 1.37. Before the game had a tiering system of 20. Instead of grinding single planes you were instead 'leveling' yourself on each nation from level 0-20. Everytime you reached a new level you also unlocked all planes of the certain tier. Depending on the tiers and due to much less planes back then it could have been sometimes 0 and sometimes multiple planes per level. The beautiful thing was that you hadn't had to grind with high tier planes. Even reserve planes or some lower ones like the Chaika were giving you a nice amount of silver lions and level points. Higher tiers only gave a you slightly % increased amount of reward so it was faster with better planes but not necessary. Technically you could have played the planes you loved the most and still make good progress. 1.37 destroyed this whole system and turned it into the current BR system.

Here are some other funny examples of gaijobs major fuck ups since then:

1. They lowered the BR costs of each plane below t5 by 25% but increased the amount of planes you need to access the next tier from 4 to 6. Now lets make a quick math:
    4 x 1000 = 4000 compared to 6 x 750 = 4500
And people were buying the lie of decreased costs!

2. No fixes, instead content patch over content patch. Something that we know from WG too

3. Some premplanes now cost 3 times as much as they used to

4. Completly ignoring the simulator community, constantly making the realistic mode worse (arcade maps poorly ported into RB, mixed nations, etc)

5. No more dailys but isntead boosters. They are completly random and it's allready proven that they are a rip-off for every average player.

Oh and did you know that it's not even the devs who make the decisions? It's an external marketing company that dictates them what to do. So here is my angry rant about Gaijob. I could add much more but then probably no one will read it. I'm done with this company and i don't feel like ever touching one of their products again.

ShrubberyCollector

Postby TheGamingLion » 30 Apr 2015 00:39

ShrubberyCollector wrote:[...]

tl;dr

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby BeyondD » 30 Apr 2015 09:39

as much as i want to troll shrubby i feel the exact same way and can only agree also il add in that beingable to buy op crew for tanks and planes is bonkers too

BeyondD

Postby BeyondD » 30 Apr 2015 09:41

oh yah also fuck you grondstrike with 3 yers on enemy team gg 3min target circle bombing that can go tto hell too

BeyondD

Postby BoogieM » 31 Oct 2015 14:17

for whoever plays this game... there are some great discounts this weekend... with ~ 30 euros you can get 420 premium days and the pacific campaigns.
~ 25 euros is the pacific advanced pack (gives you 60 prem days and 6700 "gold")
+ another 5 euros for a bit more "gold" to get 1 year subscription

BoogieM

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section